UCS Questions.. 06/29/2021 12:42 PM CDT
Recently returned and have the spell changes down [totally dig the new love], but I was gandering over UCS and noticed my RTs are a bit odd for the bonuses I have at the level my ranger is.

Unencumbered with an AGI/DEX bonus of 64 and 154 ranks [little more than 2x], I would think a kick wouldn't be at 5 seconds? Or am I just.. not understanding. Which is entirely possible.

- Lunaryna and ... other unsavories.
Re: UCS Questions.. 06/30/2021 04:36 AM CDT
UAC has flat round times of 2 seconds for jab, 3 seconds for punch and grapple, and 4 seconds for kick. Aiming adds one second of round time to a UAC attack. Encumbrance can add additional round time while hiding does not. Agility and dexterity are not used to determine round time in UAC.
Re: UCS Questions.. 06/30/2021 07:55 AM CDT
I can read the wiki, Wolf. That does not answer my question as to why my toon has 3,4,4,5 RTs with UCS. I wouldn't have asked if if was a simple question answered by the information already provided.

However, if you can answer why my RT is where it is without aiming OR encumbrance, that would be more helpful.

Re: UCS Questions.. 06/30/2021 08:45 AM CDT
Given that you are seeing that precisely +1s across the board, are you certain that aiming is not taking place?
(Isn't there a persistent setting available as the character's default nowadays? I still specify target area on individual swings, so I'm not 100% positive.)
Re: UCS Questions.. 06/30/2021 11:24 AM CDT
> (Isn't there a persistent setting available as the character's default nowadays? I still specify target area on individual swings, so I'm not 100% positive.)

This.

UAC is like AMBUSH, where the aim setting is persistent and has to be cancelled to make an unaimed AMBUSH. There's no equivalent of ATTACK for UAC.

The messaging is different so if a clip was posted it'll be obvious if aiming was happening.

>UAC has flat round times of 2 seconds for jab, 3 seconds for punch and grapple, and 4 seconds for kick. Aiming adds one second of round time to a UAC attack. Encumbrance can add additional round time while hiding does not. Agility and dexterity are not used to determine round time in UAC.

AGIDEX is used. If you don't have any AGIDEX aiming adds 3s. Its pretty trivial to knock that down to 1s, so you'll only notice it when your aimed RT goes up sooner than your unaimed RT as you pick up more stuff.

While AGIDEX is a pretty trivial influence on single shots, it is very important for Mstrike. Exceptionally large amounts of AGIDEX are required to make Mstrike useful at low MOC. I'm not sure whether a ranger would ever want to use UAC MStrike rather than a spell at high level, but picking a clumsy race will make it difficult to get value from UAC in situations where Mstrike is key. (Encumbrance is the other way round, very important for single shots, but trivial for Mstrike.)
Re: UCS Questions.. 06/30/2021 12:04 PM CDT
I don't believe it was AIMing, however I am testing to see if there were other factors that increased the RT just in case I mistyped or didn't clear my AIM. I had habits as an Archer to clear my AIM and TARGET after a hunt simply because I used to assist friends with testing things and popping a bud in the eye is never a fun thing to have to fix.

I really appreciate the information, the wiki has 'everything' but the brief info doesn't really give one much to go on. Returning now with so many changes, it's a lot to take in and process.

Re: UCS Questions.. 06/30/2021 12:11 PM CDT
<I don't believe it was AIMing, however I am testing to see if there were other factors that increased the RT just in case I mistyped or didn't clear my AIM.>

You can just type AIM by it's self and it'll tell you whether you're aiming or not and which body part you're aiming at if you are.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.