611 messaged Moon dependent? 04/27/2021 05:23 PM CDT
Seems there is a nice little bit of fluff to go along with messaging of 611. I'm guessing it might change based on which of the 4 moons is at its zenith?

>You level a twinned beam of pale and shadowy luminescence at a manticore!

>You level a sharp-edged beam of pale moonlight at a spectral fisherman!

>You level a nebulous beam of shadowy luminescence at a spectral fisherman!
Re: 611 messaged Moon dependent? 04/27/2021 05:57 PM CDT
An actual moon gets referenced when you are hit by it. The traitorous Liabo pinned me for the full minute the other day.

If the krolvin pirate had used that time for spiking me more than the once rather than tickling me with its rapier I'd have been sailing back via Lorminstra.
Re: 611 messaged Moon dependent? 04/28/2021 10:46 AM CDT
It took me a while to notice this, but I absolutely love that there is a variety of messaging for this spell, and apparently based on the actual lunar cycles. That is a really really neat detail.

Tapping the moons above, you draw down a shaft of swirling moonlight and bathe a mountain ogre in its diffuse glow.

Tapping the moons above, you draw down a shaft of coruscating moonlight and bathe a forest troll in its lucent glow.

Tapping the moons above, you draw down a shaft of swirling moonlight and bathe a frost giant in its lambent glow.

Tapping the moons above, you draw down a shaft of scarlet-sparked moonlight and bathe a snow crone in its lucent glow.
Re: 611 messaged Moon dependent? 04/28/2021 05:38 PM CDT

It's a great way of knowing which moons are above the horizon without needing to actually look for them!

~EC
Re: 611 messaged Moon dependent? 04/28/2021 06:07 PM CDT
>Seems there is a nice little bit of fluff to go along with messaging of 611. I'm guessing it might change based on which of the 4 moons is at its zenith? -TALMIEN

Yeah, the messaging you get will depend on the current influence of the moons, based on phase and position on the horizon. The memento from the release event similarly reflects this state. Of course you can also just LOOK LIABO/LORNON/TILAOK to get a general sense of the moons as well. Things get pretty interesting around the end of the calendar year.

Credit to Gyres for the messaging for both the spell and the memento.

-M.