610 and Undead 02/07/2021 08:07 PM CST
Is there a reason that 610 doesn't provide an AS boost against undead? It didn't work on IMT seekers and it's not working on the various Citadel undead, either. The weed does pull them down, it just doesn't provide any AS bonus.

Someone on discord said it also doesn't work with uncrittable living creatures like elementals either.

I don't see anything in the description that would exclude undead, so I'm curious.

Tangle Weed (610) - Converted to SMRv2, with success modified by Summoning lore. The spell’s firing rate will be increased from every 10 seconds to every 8 seconds. The strength drain debuff will always apply on a successful hit, with a magnitude that scales with the result of the maneuver roll (up to -25 AS). At 10 ranks of Blessings lore, the strength drained from the target is granted to the Ranger in the form of a general AS boost equal in magnitude to the debuff, and a spiritual CS boost equal to 60% of the debuff. The duration of the effect is a flat 2 minutes, refreshable (highest magnitude applies.
Re: 610 and Undead 02/08/2021 04:22 AM CST
<Is there a reason that 610 doesn't provide an AS boost against undead? It didn't work on IMT seekers and it's not working on the various Citadel undead, either. The weed does pull them down, it just doesn't provide any AS bonus.>

It's been a week or two since I hunted with my ranger, but she was at least getting the messaging for the AS boost in the Citadel when I was hunting there with her (I didn't look close enough to see if her AS actually changed).

Are you not seeing the messaging at all or is it giving the messaging but not the boost?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: 610 and Undead 02/08/2021 09:09 AM CST
That's odd, as I'm definitely getting no AS messaging and no boosts for anything inside the Citadel or on the roof. It's still a handy spell since it pulls things down but I had gotten used to the lovely higher AS. It worked great on tigers and mammoths in IMT.
Re: 610 and Undead 02/08/2021 09:10 AM CST
>Is there a reason that 610 doesn't provide an AS boost against undead? It didn't work on IMT seekers and it's not working on the various Citadel undead, either. The weed does pull them down, it just doesn't provide any AS bonus. -KATIESA

The strength drain poison doesn't work on targets that don't bleed.

-M.
Re: 610 and Undead 02/08/2021 09:32 AM CST
Not a bug, then, thanks! Glad she's not Voln and will now try to keep her more to living stuff.