On the topic of guild skills 01/30/2021 07:43 AM CST

Intended to be a discussion to foster creativity and eventually implantation by GMs and powers that be.

Ghillie suit/overwhites making- increases stalking and hiding ranks/skill for environ for which it was crafted (overwhites for snow, forest ghillie for wooded areas, grass ghillie for grasslands, etc). Would increase encumbrance, possibly RT.

Salves - ability to (relatively quickly) create
salves from certain herbs. Think Talneo salve from talneo root. Can apply to self, animal companion and dead folks. Perhaps has a longer RT than potions to apply?

Whittling - fluff skill to master. Create “crudely” to “masterfully” hand carved <wood type> <object>

Foraging for actual wood types- maoral, yew, fel, etc that can be whittled or turned into...

Bow making- using the whittling and foraging skills to make a bow!

Campfire- make a campfire that acts similar to a sanctuary and scares off creatures to allow for raising, healing, recovery in the wilds. But beware! Campfires at night can attract certain warmongering creatures such as orcs, trolls, Grimswarm, or bandits! Uses campfire skill + survival ranks +??

Hide site-temporarily stash loot in the wilds to reduce time in town! Dig a hole, stash under a tree stump! High perception may allow others to see signs and search for your loot. Perhaps tie this skill+survival to formula for difficulty to search for it.
Re: On the topic of guild skills 01/30/2021 07:56 AM CST

I forgot to mention the ability to learn another cultural language (Elven, Dwarfish, Giantman) if you spend enough time in that culture.
Re: On the topic of guild skills 02/01/2021 06:00 PM CST
I like the idea of guild skills but its been said year after year forever there will be no new guild skills for any guild that doesn't have any. That said I'm all for pushing the idea until a GM says yes. Side note, the idea of learning languages has been brought up as an ascension idea so dont think they will do the same for a guild skill.
Re: On the topic of guild skills 04/14/2021 06:16 PM CDT

I would be ok with a mix of alchemy and quiver making.

I do like anything wood related though. We were just lamenting on a certain lich chat that we all feel left out on guild night.
Re: On the topic of guild skills 04/14/2021 06:27 PM CDT
I stopped asking for guild stuff for rangers years ago. Personally, I don't think it will ever happen, there's just not enough of a driving force in the game, unless of course they could tie some pay events into it.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Walkar says, "Taladorian soldiers cursed only one name more than my own."
Walkar nods to you.
Walkar says, "...you more than proved your love for this town and its people Radeek, time and again."

http://radeekandoran.blogspot.ca/

http://thetehirchronicles.blogspot.ca/