Druid/Archdruid Title Consideration 01/17/2021 11:21 PM CST
In 2013, mychar RP'd a ceremony right at cap where she offered herself to Imaera and became a celibate druid. Some srs bsns.

Flash forward to 2020 (ahhhh, scarrrry pandemic)....

I absolutely was thrilled to see/lend feedback/enjoy the fruits of the Ranger Review. So thank you!

That said, I am less thrilled to see that my RP choice is still being gated unnecessarily by the updates to the Druid/Archdruid title system that are still punitively tied to services.

The newly posted requirements are as follows:

Druid Cleric: Must worship a nature-based patron (Imaera/Kuon confirmed, others ?) + 40 Ranks of Spiritual Lore, Summoning and 40 Ranks of Spiritual Mana Control
Ranger: Combined Spiritual Lore, Summoning and Spiritual Lore, Blessings skill of 180

Archdruid Cleric: Must worship a nature-based patron (Imaera/Kuon confirmed, others ?) + 80 Ranks of Spiritual Lore, Summoning and 80 Ranks of Spiritual Mana Control
Ranger: Combined Spiritual Lore, Summoning and Spiritual Lore, Blessings skill of 280

Again, mychar is nearly double capped and has been RP'ing an Archdruid for 5 years now, at great cost to the ability to provide a marketable service with (620) Resist Elements. The biggest request I had going into the Ranger review was the ability to continue in my consistent RP as an Archdruid while having a viable service model. The changes do not accomplish that. In fact, without touching my skills or fixskilling (previously heavily skewed FOR an Archdruid build), I no longer have access to the Archdruid title. I find this frustrating. I understand completely that we should work and earn our achievements, but I think with 14 million experience, this character demonstrates a negative example of this title restriction.

I humbly request that you reconsider the requirements for the Druid/Archdruid title for Rangers.

I would be open to several avenues to accomplish this task. Some player suggestions made in Discord conversation were:

= Continue to make it Deity nature based & including Spiritual Mana Control (match Cleric system)
= Based on Ranger Spell Training (i.e - Archdruid: Full 101 lores, Full 100 ranger spells)
= Including Spell Aiming
= Make all RP titles level based and not skill based

I am amenable to other ideas and an open discussion here, but I do hope that developers will take this request into consideration.

Thanks again for making druids great.

Archdruid Leifa Ar'Anya Faendryl
Re: Druid/Archdruid Title Consideration 01/18/2021 08:52 AM CST
Lore requirements on both cleric and ranger seem unduly fixated on D&D style druids to me. Balance above all, including not too much emphasis on nature.

Current Druid level for Archdruids wouldn't be too bad, but the Archdruid gate is cutting out a lot of builds that seem pretty druidic to me.

Lots of magic training, doesn't really matter which skills are gated, but you shouldn't have lots of magic trained and be prevented from getting ever the title because lores aren't balanced, seems the right approach to me. If druidic rangers are to be stopped from training too much in something, it ought to be bows, not lores.
Re: Druid/Archdruid Title Consideration 01/19/2021 05:33 PM CST
The minimum lore split to achieve 280 bonus for a ranger is 76/25, which fairly drastically changes my chosen lore allocation. To base it solely on lore bonus makes no sense, particularly when there are so many other magic related skills that would seem to indicate, "druid", as opposed to just lore. Would there not be druids and Archdruids who highly specialize in a field of lore? Lore should be - A - consideration, but only ranks, imo for their part. It would additionally seem that total spell ranks, harness power, possibly spell aiming, MIU, arcane symbols could play a part as well.

It honestly disgusts me that the time invested accruing exp for my ranger equates to me having to be pigeonholed on the allocation of a single skill just to be called an Archdruid when said allocation seems to come with 0 reasoning as it relates to the idea of the title.

Please open this (training reqs) up some more.

- Arshwikk, the unworthy (as deemed by the Druidic Order)
Re: Druid/Archdruid Title Consideration 01/19/2021 05:52 PM CST
As an alternate and more difficult suggestion, keep the training requirement but make the title meaningful. Give the user of the Archdruid title +10% DF on all spells, or something else comparable to the training, while they use it. The player can consider this in exchange for the numerous skill ranks that went into it. Lesser titles might give lesser bonuses, and different ones, that align a character to the title. It would take some doing to prevent abuse but this way there are no pigeons involved. The entire title system could eventually work this way.
Re: Druid/Archdruid Title Consideration 01/19/2021 08:39 PM CST
The requirements were updated. I don't understand your complaint. The new ones do not require deity attunement and only relatively modest lores. Why is this a problem for your ranger?

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Druid/Archdruid Title Consideration 01/19/2021 11:48 PM CST
>The minimum split is 20/20 for Druid. 40/40 for Arch.

This is you missing the point.

101 lore ranks not getting you access to the title unless you split lore's is the point.

Thanks for playing!
Re: Druid/Archdruid Title Consideration 01/20/2021 01:27 AM CST
The requirements for the Druid titles are being reviewed. At the very least, it will likely take lore ranks equally into account instead of being based on total skill.

-M.
Ranger Druid/Archdruid Title Requirements. 05/08/2021 04:18 PM CDT
The requirements for the Druid and Archdruid titles for Rangers have been updated from 180/280 combined skill in Blessings/Summoning lore to 40/80 combined ranks in Blessings/Summoning lore. This should make the titles more accessible for those who specialize in one lore over the other.

-M.