Trying out a ranger 11/30/2020 08:16 AM CST
Hello, I’m looking at trying out a ranger. I find the skinning and foraging abilities very appealing.

As I look over the expected spell changes I wonder if my understanding is correct where this is sort of moving away from pure ranger and pure magic builds and putting it into a more hybrid style of setting up spells with attacks and attacks with spells?

Second, do the flares from breeze (612) and natures touch (625) work together or does one override the other when both spells are active? Spells below for reference.

New self-cast version of the spell bestows the Ranger’s physical attacks with a standard flare chance to inflict roundtime on the target (random 2-4 seconds). When the flare triggers for a ranged weapon attack, it additionally reduces the roundtime of ranged weapon combat by 1 second, for a duration of 10 + 1 second per 12 Blessings lore ranks. The latter effect may not occur more than once per minute, and will not reduce roundtime to lower than 3 seconds

Additionally bestows a standard flare chance that applies a maximized Wild Entropy debuff (based on training) on all physical and magical attacks. When the flare originates from a physical attack, the next offensive Ranger spell cast after the flare (within 30 seconds) will incur only 1 second of cast roundtime. When the flare originates from a magical attack, the next physical attack made after the flare (within 30 seconds) will be made with an AS boost of 10 + 1 per Blessings lore seed 1.

Third, if someone does choose to follow the pure route. Would hunting purely with 603 be possible early on Or is the spell too weak and mana to scarce for that type of play?

My only other question would be is there any idea of the status of release? Even general timeline? Weeks? Months? Too early to tell?

Thank you all
Re: Trying out a ranger 11/30/2020 08:37 AM CST
First: Pretty much my understanding of it

Second and Third: These spell changes are live in the test instance, not sure if anyone has a low enough level ranger to check on 603 hunting with low level characters before the changes are made live though.

Last: Whenever NIR feels they're ready to go live with it... with recent changes to other things, being told what changes were going to be made was the only warning we got, we weren't told when those changes were going to be made live until they were.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Trying out a ranger 11/30/2020 11:24 AM CST

Second was skipped over. Do the flares work along side each other or can only one be used at a time?

I just imagine reducing my bow time to 3 seconds and weaving spells in during flare profs would be fantastic.
Re: Trying out a ranger 11/30/2020 02:27 PM CST

>Second was skipped over. Do the flares work along side each other or can only one be used at a time?

They work along side each other.