Niche Assume Aspect use cases 11/22/2020 09:32 AM CST
I finally got access to 650, and was super excited to try out the ranger capstone spell. It's candidly been a bit... underwhelming. The versatility is unmatched, but the benefits just don't seem to be worth the incredibly short durations and sustained mana requirements.

I know this is under review, but halving the bonuses in exchange for the full 10 minutes still doesn't quite cross into the regularly useful category. +10 AS for 10 minutes might be worth 50 mana, but +5 AS at that cost feels far too incremental when compared to say, 425. Perhaps if it was for the full +10 bonus? Make it 1200 sec base and stackable, so it wasn't eating into my "field" mana supply? Remove the 25 mana cost and cooldown to assume an aspect, so you can take full advantage of the versatility? All of the above would probably be OP but just where my head goes.

That said, even as is, I suspect there are some niche scenarios where Assume Aspect still has value The only obvious one I've found is how Yierka reduces foraging RTs. Super useful when stocking up on herbs and for foraging bounties.

Has anyone else uncovered edge cases where Assume Aspect really makes a difference? For example, I could theoretically see one or two climbing spots where you'd sporadically need higher climbing ranks but don't want to sink the TP's for the permanent ranks...