what twc half-krolvin weapon to bond to 12/05/2021 03:38 PM CST
As subject states, thinking about saving up for level 25 to buy something that makes sense for me. Since I am not a faster class, I think maul makes more sense than claidhmore. Do I look for a normal material perfect maul and try to upgrade it? What is best? COL if it matters.
Re: what twc half-krolvin weapon to bond to 12/05/2021 06:15 PM CST
If it were me, I would look for a perfect maul if I was going to be aiming my shots and a perfect greataxe if I were just going to be swinging away (my dwarven warrior uses a perfect greataxe).

I'm a big fan of mithril weapons but pick the material that makes the most sense for you.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: what twc half-krolvin weapon to bond to 12/06/2021 02:43 PM CST
You mean Two-Handed Weapon (THW) and not TWC (Two Weapon Combat) I assume, based on your weapon listing. Maul is generally the "best", but I've bonded to Warswords and Claids before.

- Andreas
Re: what twc half-krolvin weapon to bond to 12/08/2021 05:33 PM CST

yes absolutely, I meant THW. As var as maul vs battleaxe vs claid etc, why do you like the battleaxe better than a claid? I am a noob, but at first blush I thought the claidh is like the most OP weapon in gs4 and they have the same roundtime.
Re: what twc half-krolvin weapon to bond to 12/08/2021 05:34 PM CST

as far as material, mechanically, is there a difference? Or do you mean the material that makes the most sense from an RP perspective?
Re: what twc half-krolvin weapon to bond to 12/09/2021 08:55 AM CST
>> As far as maul vs battleaxe vs claid etc, why do you like the battleaxe better than a claid? I am a noob, but at first blush I thought the claidh is like the most OP weapon in gs4 and they have the same roundtime.

You will typically be able to get a much better ability to hit your target with a non-claidh weapon. The reason being that due to the high crit weighting on the claidh, it is nearly impossible (or ultra-rich expensive) to get it enchanted beyond its base enchant. Typically you will be dealing with a plus 0 to plus 10 Claidh or maybe plus 20 if you shell out a pile of silver and can find one available. For a non-claidh (e.g. a battleaxe) without all that weighting, you can have a perfect weapon made and get it enchanted up to 7x fairly easily (it will still cost some silver for the enchanting services depending on who you know) and even up to 10x at some point with a somewhat larger investment in silver.

If you are okay with having an AS (to hit) bonus of 0-20 vs. 35 to 50 range then maybe a claidh is still a good option for you. So far both of my non-capped warriors (2) have been happier to have the additional AS.

Also for all practical purposes, a battleaxe still tears up an opponent plenty effectively even without the additional weighting. My dwarven warrior uses an 8x perfect mithril battleaxe with permablessing (allows him to hit undead) for reference. I've somewhat recently started adding crit weighting to it for fun but it honestly isn't needed.

>> as far as material, mechanically, is there a difference?

Practically speaking, I think it is more of an RP choice these days (unless it is a strange material with additional properties like flares or the like). But for standard materials the only practical difference is they have a starting AS bonus (most materials will fall in the 0x-5x range) and an enchant/ensorcell difficulty modifier that really doesn't come into play unless your weapon is really decked out. On the very high end of the spectrum, mithril has the advantage of being the easiest metal in the lands to enchant. It carrier a bonus of plus 20 to the enchant attempt vs. most materials with have a negative modifier (making it more difficult).

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever weapon you end up deciding to use!

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: what twc half-krolvin weapon to bond to 12/09/2021 09:02 AM CST
I meant to also add that as a Paladin, AS is much less of an issue than it might be for any other profession. With that in mind, a claidh still might be a fun option. But even with that I still think I would favor a non-claidh so that I could have the weapon ensorcelled at some point. My paladin is sword and board and his weapon is ensorcelled (Tier 5). The resource regeneration that this provides (stamina and health) is very nice to have!

-- Robert