Paladin Chrism Use 10/26/2021 11:37 AM CDT
Hey Viduus,

Any chance you could give Paladins the ability to wave a chrism at a body?

Very minor change, since I don't want to be able to make them. I'd just like to be able to 'use' them.

Thematically and RP-wise, it makes sense, since it's not taking anything from Clerics and it's appropriate to being able to raise the dead as a Paladin. Just activating holy magic that's already been created.

~Player of Fulmen Soulforge, Hammer of Eonak.
Re: Paladin Chrism Use 10/26/2021 01:01 PM CDT
>activating holy magic that's already been created

Best argument yet, that I've seen, for being able to use chrisms.

Also, ^+100

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Imaeran Inquisitor
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Paladin Chrism Use 10/26/2021 03:14 PM CDT
Hey Viduus,

Any chance you could give Paladins the ability to wave a chrism at a body?

Very minor change, since I don't want to be able to make them. I'd just like to be able to 'use' them.

Thematically and RP-wise, it makes sense, since it's not taking anything from Clerics and it's appropriate to being able to raise the dead as a Paladin. Just activating holy magic that's already been created.

Every time I've broached the topic it's always the same answer. Chrisms are intended to be for cleric raises only, to make them better and more desired than other forms of raise dead (scrolls, 1640, runestones, npc). That's not to say that 1640 can't be improved, but any improvements will have to be distinctly different than those granted by chrisms.

Viduus
Re: Paladin Chrism Use 10/26/2021 06:49 PM CDT
I don't think it would change anything at all, personally. The raise mechanics wouldn't change.

People already buy chrisms to carry around to give to Clerics, and they're seen as a marketable item. Clerics can also hand out Holy Symbols with charges in a similar RP way.

Re: Paladin Chrism Use 10/26/2021 08:04 PM CDT
If 1640 allowed you to keep your spells past the 10 minute timer that would make it desirable. Spelling up sucks. Of course we have the invoker now so...

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"