Ascension Exp and Bonding 07/09/2021 04:43 PM CDT
Just wondering if sending a portion of your experience to ascension experience slows down bonding progress at all. Only as I've got 50% going to both pools, and it feels like it is taking a LONG time to rebond this go around.

Thanks!
Re: Ascension Exp and Bonding 07/11/2021 10:23 AM CDT

I wouldn't think so. It should be based just on the number of kills and it's counted by number, not percent. The rank up seems to happen exactly at the moment of death, almost like a flare at the end of the hit.

Viduus would have to say though.

~Player of Fulmen Soulforge, Hammer of Eonak.
Re: Ascension Exp and Bonding 07/11/2021 11:42 AM CDT
>> It should be based just on the number of kills and it's counted by number, not percent.

Welp, I thought it was based off experience earned while bonded. Good to know!
Re: Ascension Exp and Bonding 07/12/2021 07:53 AM CDT
Bonding is more akin to earning Voln Favor or GoS reputation. It is important the creatures are like level, but since creatures can spawn within a range it is generally better to up hunt a bit to ensure each kill is counting.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Ascension Exp and Bonding 07/13/2021 12:08 PM CDT
I wouldn't think so. It should be based just on the number of kills and it's counted by number, not percent. The rank up seems to happen exactly at the moment of death, almost like a flare at the end of the hit.

Viduus would have to say though.

The actual formula isn't really based on kills or experience. You get credit for killing like level creatures, and bonus credit for uphunting.

Since I know you guys are always curious when these things come up. The easiest way to break it down is probably in the following way. The worst case scenario is the amount of kills currently listed on the wiki: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500. You can also get a bonus for uphunting stuff up to 10 levels over your character level, similar (but less) to the bonus to exp you get for uphunting. This bonus can potentially reduce the kills by a max of 30%. So ~66, 140, 210, 280, 350 kills needed for best case. Experience mods won't change outcomes.

Viduus