Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 04/28/2021 04:59 PM CDT
Hi Viduus,

Thought I'd drop in on here and see if there were any pending updates to look forward to. Can you tell us a bit about how things are going and what's up next, even if it's not fully confirmed?

Are the SMITE and STRIKE verbs, Divine Intervention, etc, on the plan for summer?

~Player of Fulmen Soulforge, Hammer of Eonak.
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/02/2021 08:03 PM CDT
It's sad, but I've recently started questioning if he's even back there behind the curtain. For instance, your request for a hello was posted five days ago, and it seems the only person answering paladin questions in the discord mechanics channel is Estild. I hope he's okay... or if he's moved on to other projects, I'd like to know who is now the target of my pestering to finish this job.

- D
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/03/2021 05:33 PM CDT

I think we should give GM VIDUUS the benefit of the doubt. Remember guys he already said he can't work on anything until the PSM changes have been tested and is out live.

I have extremely high hopes for smite/strike/DI, and I think a slow methodical approach will bring a better outcome.

I mean think about the enormous, revolutionary, game defining changes that Naijin is churning out. It's a new age of GM development. Be patient guys!
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/15/2021 06:09 PM CDT
Hi Viduus,

Thought I'd drop in on here and see if there were any pending updates to look forward to. Can you tell us a bit about how things are going and what's up next, even if it's not fully confirmed?

Are the SMITE and STRIKE verbs, Divine Intervention, etc, on the plan for summer?

I've been away and am just starting to get back into the swing of things. I have to work through some QC items to unblock some other projects and then take a look at some critical bugs, but once I'm through those I'll resume working on verdict, smite, strike, and DI. If memory serves, I'd mostly finished smite and strike on dev and I was still in deep discussions on verdict's final form. Strike and smite seem to be where I left them on dev (so nothing new has clobbered them). DI is the most complicated portion of the work and I'd started work on that, but was having to work around PSM stuff.

That being said. With the way PSM was shaping up before my break, I started having concerns that the approved design for smite/strike/DI would be a little lackluster in comparison. I have to catch up on all the changes and discussions and see where we are.

Viduus
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/15/2021 08:02 PM CDT

VERDICT -- Ooooo yeeaaah. What is this? Hmm? A little tasty teaser of this for us VIDUUS sycophants?

PSM3 -- Yeah Naijin is basically building GSV. I feel like I'm going to have to re-learn all of GS combat mechanics after it all get's released.
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/15/2021 08:16 PM CDT

BTW VIDUUS,

One last but very important thing.

Take your time.

This game is older than me and probably most everyone here. Time is all it's got. I'd rather get something delayed than get a sub-par release that we'll all roll our eyes in tedium.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/15/2021 08:16 PM CDT

BTW VIDUUS,

One last but very important thing.

Take your time.

This game is older than me and probably most everyone here. Time is all it's got. I'd rather get something delayed than get a sub-par release that we'll all roll our eyes in tedium.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/15/2021 08:24 PM CDT
>>VERDICT -- Ooooo yeeaaah. What is this?

Nothing to get overly excited about, it's 1603 - Templar's Verdict.

Viduus
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/15/2021 08:43 PM CDT
>This game is older than me and probably most everyone here.

Maybe older than you... but, unless we've had an influx of new, younger players in the past five or so years, I'm pretty certain the game is younger than the majority of players. (I'm certainly older than the game is.)

Just sayin'...

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Updates with PSM3 or Summer? 05/15/2021 11:40 PM CDT
Awesome! Thanks for the update.