1650 & Ranged 04/25/2021 02:16 PM CDT
I hopped on the test instance today to check a few things, including some paladin spell messaging, and to see how happy I'd be with my paladin's build in a few more levels. I noticed that when using 1650, the various INCARNATE abilities that rely on a weapon don't appear to be compatible with a bow.

Specifically, the messaging for SMITE notes the divine energy going around my paladin's fist instead of bow, plus the messaging and mechanics for ONSLAUGHT also only apply to the open right hand (fist) with a non-UCS based attack instead of anything ranged. While SMITE is purely cosmetic with the messaging, my paladin has 0 ranks in brawling, so the latter has zero functionality and also makes no sense given the character's inability to even use that weapon style.

I was hoping that this oversight could be looked at if it isn't intended. I realize that ranged paladins aren't the normal playstyle, however it fits my character incredibly well in spite of its challenges, and it's a fun counterpart to my other more standard sword & board style paladin.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: 1650 & Ranged 05/15/2021 05:50 PM CDT
>>I noticed that when using 1650, the various INCARNATE abilities that rely on a weapon don't appear to be compatible with a bow.

Paladins are primarily melee-centered entities. While their basic kit may allow for non-melee builds, it won't cater to it. Similar to how pures can swing weapons, but going that route tends to leave a lot of the kit's potential by the wayside. We've had some discussions about opening that up a bit, but it'll probably be part of ascension rather than the basic kit.

Viduus