Guiding Light Flares proc'ing on 1603 casts? 03/25/2021 11:36 AM CDT
I just recently made 25 with my paladin and started bonding a weapon, and noticed something strange start to happen that didn't happen before. Before 25 I was using a white ora weapon and used 1604 to give flares. I never saw a flare from my weapon while casting 1603. Now, and since I have only just begun bonding my weapon, bond level 0, I still use 1604 to give the new steel spear, made holy through the bond, flares. And now I am seeing flares from my weapon while casting 1603. I guess again I'm just wondering if that is meant to happen with a bonded weapon or not? could it be a bug? I certainly like the flares occurring, it makes 1603 pack quite the whallop when it happens. I don't have a snippet right now, but will add one when I see it happen again.
Re: Guiding Light Flares proc'ing on 1603 casts? 03/25/2021 04:44 PM CDT
At first guess, you're probably getting Zealous flares and not Guiding Light flares, although they look basically the same.

Are you getting the "zealous fervor" message when something dies, which then adds the Zealous trait? The next cast of 1603 on a mob should trigger a flare, if so, especially if you're running 1618. The next attack should too.

At least, I believe that's how it's supposed to work. Viduus would have to chime in for clarity.

~Player of Fulmen Soulforge, Hammer of Eonak.
Re: Guiding Light Flares proc'ing on 1603 casts? 03/25/2021 06:16 PM CDT
>At first guess, you're probably getting Zealous flares and not Guiding Light flares, although they look basically the same.

I never saw Zealous flares previously, I have never actually had them occur even while under the effects of Zealous , does it require a bonded weapon first? I just assumed Zealous was bugged and not working at all.

I'm copying 2 occurrences below. One has 1618 flares along with the other flares. I have had 1618 flare, and a double flare of the other happen at the same time while using 1603 as well.

>incant 1603
You motion forcefully as you confidently call on your patron in the invocation for Templar's Verdict...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a wood wight.
Violet flames erupt from beneath a wood wight.
CS: +118 - TD: +60 + CvA: +25 + d100: +77 == +160
Warding failed!
A column of seething violet flame envelops a wood wight in its searing embrace!
... 25 points of damage!
Muscle and blood explode from the wood wight's abdomen in a steaming spray!
A wood wight's defenses are diminished in the wake of the flames.

Your steel spear pulses with a burst of plasma energy!

... 20 points of damage!
Plasma encircles the wood wight's neck causing skin to shrivel and bleed!

Your steel spear sprays with a burst of plasma energy!

... 25 points of damage!
Superheated energy causes the artery in the wood wight's leg to explode!
It is knocked to the ground!
The violet flashes in your peripheral vision disappear.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>incant 1603
You motion forcefully as you confidently call on your patron in the invocation for Templar's Verdict...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a wood wight.
Violet flames erupt from beneath a wood wight.
CS: +118 - TD: +60 + CvA: +25 + d100: +21 == +104
Warding failed!
A column of seething violet flame envelops a wood wight in its searing embrace!
... 15 points of damage!
Searing blast of energy to hip spins the wood wight around!
A wood wight's defenses are diminished in the wake of the flames.

Your steel spear surges with power as leaf-green radiance coalesces around it!

... 5 points of damage!
Pinpoint strike sears the wood wight's chest.

Your steel spear pulses with a burst of plasma energy!

... 15 points of damage!
Plasma scorches a hole in the wood wight's weapon arm!
The violet flashes in your peripheral vision disappear.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Re: Guiding Light Flares proc'ing on 1603 casts? 03/25/2021 06:34 PM CDT
You're right, it does appear to be Zealous flares. Odd that it only started working at 25 with a bonded weapon.