1618 bug or feature? 03/04/2021 12:45 PM CST
I've recently been playing with 1618, I liked the idea of having more flares. The description talks about adding flare chance to physical and magical attacks. However, I have never seen the flare occur when using combat maneuvers or shield skills, specifically, cman charge, shield bash, or shield strike. The flare can occur from the weapon attack from shield strike, but not on the shield bash portion it seems. Was that intended? maybe the description needs to be more clear.
Re: 1618 bug or feature? 03/04/2021 02:19 PM CST
It also seems like the damage weighting from 1618 is reducing the damage of the flares, as well as the damage of the flares from 1604.
Re: 1618 bug or feature? 03/04/2021 03:33 PM CST
>>It also seems like the damage weighting from 1618 is reducing the damage of the flares, as well as the damage of the flares from 1604.

While it's not impossible, I don't see any evidence of this occurring.

Do you have clips of this happening?

Viduus
Re: 1618 bug or feature? 03/04/2021 03:48 PM CST
No I haven't saved any logs. I did save one attack. I spent about an hour just jabbing and punching away at ghoul masters and did not notice any flares above 20 damage, but that's not exactly a full test. I was also seeing a lot of flares for below 10 damage. I'm keeping an eye out, but I've switched back to my Spear, so procs are fewer and farther between. So far with a spear I have not seen a 1604 flare above 30 damage, could just be unlucky. No 1618 flares above 20. Is it possible attack speed is a factor in flare damage?

You attempt to punch a ghoul master!
You have good positioning against a ghoul master.
UAF: 145 vs UDF: 118 = 1.228 * MM: 94 + d100: 44 = 159
... and hit for 35 points of damage!
Swift attack bends fingers on left hand over on themselves with a sharp SNAP!

Your ora-studded gauntlets pulse with a burst of plasma energy!

... 10 points of damage!
Powerful burst to the ghoul master's back causes excruciating pain.

Your ora-studded gauntlets spray with a burst of plasma energy!

... 10 points of damage!
Searing bolt of energy strikes the ghoul master, scorching a wide swath of flesh!

Your iron-studded cestus surges with power as grey luminescence coalesces around it!

... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to the ghoul master's shield arm.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the ghoul master's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The ghoul master falls to the ground motionless.
Roundtime: 3 sec.