1625 Weighting with Flares 02/03/2021 04:12 PM CST
Just checking to see if my item is on the same page as the development for this. I have a 9 CER crit weighted morningstar, which is still only flaring in the 5-10pt range for 1625's flares. Is the next set of updates going to give it back the full power on flares?

~Player of Fulmen Soulforge, Hammer of Eonak.
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/03/2021 04:33 PM CST
I'd be interested in knowing this as well. I have specifically held off on doing any WPS work on my paladin's blade until we are 100% confirmed that weapon weighting will not affect the 1625 flares.

-- Robert

>> You tremble and can barely hold onto the mithril greataxe. You estimate it must be worth over a hundred million silvers!
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/04/2021 09:40 AM CST
>>Just checking to see if my item is on the same page as the development for this. I have a 9 CER crit weighted morningstar, which is still only flaring in the 5-10pt range for 1625's flares. Is the next set of updates going to give it back the full power on flares?

Plasma isn't limited by CER in any manner anymore and hasn't been limited since Jan 5th.

Viduus
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/04/2021 03:17 PM CST
Just did some more testing. I did see one flare for 30 and another for 40, both on the back against an ithzir adept and an ithzir scout, both in light(ish) armor. All the other flares were 5 or 10 dmg, but they were also against heavy armor on Ithzir champions.

Heavy armor reduces flare value, it looks like? Maybe that's all I'm seeing, since those are my usual targets.

~Player of Fulmen Soulforge, Hammer of Eonak.
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/04/2021 06:15 PM CST
>>Plasma isn't limited by CER in any manner anymore and hasn't been limited since Jan 5th.

Viduus

So does CER just effect the rate that 1625 flares and not the dmg ?
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/05/2021 12:23 AM CST
Weighting has no effect any longer.
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/05/2021 06:48 AM CST
I had disruption put on my weapon after I hit 10 points of crit weighting on it because of this long ago. I swear to god, now that the restriction has been lifted, I think my plasma flares are overriding it. I'm okay with this, mind you, but I need to verify, and it makes me a bit sad if true for the wasted investment, and the cascade difficulty in getting it worked on.

Appoloin
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/07/2021 12:51 AM CST

Disruption flares override guiding light flares, unfortunately. I'd recommend having the flares removed.
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/07/2021 10:21 AM CST
This reminds me, I forgot to post this when the 1625 changes were released.

If you have a bonded weapon with flares that are overriding guiding light flares and you want them removed, you have 30 days from this point to assist to get them removed for free.

This is subject to the following conditions:

-There is a hard limit of one removal per paladin
-You must have had the perm flare added before 12-30-2020
-You must have been bonded to the weapon before 12-30-2020

Viduus
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/08/2021 09:10 AM CST
My bonded weapon has GUB flares and Energy Weapon script flares also. I'm assuming if I add weighting, those two flares will be negatively impacted but the plasma based 1625 flares will not? Just want to clarify 100% before the DR WPS wagon arrives
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/08/2021 09:40 AM CST
>>My bonded weapon has GUB flares and Energy Weapon script flares also. I'm assuming if I add weighting, those two flares will be negatively impacted but the plasma based 1625 flares will not? Just want to clarify 100% before the DR WPS wagon arrives

Yeah I kind of had the same question since i am rocking t3 dispel flares on my weapon....will adding crit weighting screw that up at all?
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/08/2021 10:15 AM CST
>>My bonded weapon has GUB flares and Energy Weapon script flares also. I'm assuming if I add weighting, those two flares will be negatively impacted but the plasma based 1625 flares will not? Just want to clarify 100% before the DR WPS wagon arrives

>>Yeah I kind of had the same question since i am rocking t3 dispel flares on my weapon....will adding crit weighting screw that up at all?

I'm unaware of any degradation that happens by mixing upgrades, as far as I know it was strictly tied to player spells, but these types of questions are best directed at staff in charge of the item scripts/events.

Weapon scripts are all distinctly unique and can have an infinite number of implementations. The best people to ask these types of questions are the owners of the scripts as without knowing all of the design intent of the script in question I'd mostly be guessing.

Viduus
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/11/2021 11:03 AM CST

Id like to get in the queue for this please.

I have an 8x perfect maul that has ironwright flares. It has been confirmed that the flares were blocking guiding light flares and GMs had me bug the weapon.

I was bonded to the weapon months ago, but unbonded and switched weapons due to this fact. If I am eligible I would like to have Ironwright removed so I might rebond and continue using the weapon. Please let me know.

Bakarus is my paladin in game.
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 02/11/2021 11:13 PM CST
I would like in this queue as well.

The perfect-forged warsword I made myself has been my pet project for quite a while, and I put the flares on after I hit 10 points of crit-weight. I assisted in game.

Thanks so much for this, I do appreciate it!

-Appoloin
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 04/06/2021 08:16 PM CDT
>This reminds me, I forgot to post this when the 1625 changes were released.
>
>If you have a bonded weapon with flares that are overriding guiding light flares and you want them removed, you have 30 days from this point to assist to get them removed for free.
>
> This is subject to the following conditions:
>
> -There is a hard limit of one removal per paladin
> -You must have had the perm flare added before 12-30-2020
> -You must have been bonded to the weapon before 12-30-2020
>
> Viduus

First off: Thank you for this, I was finally able to get mine done last night (I don't seem to play when GM's do).
Second off: Is there any possibility that when he removed the flairs on my weapon, that I wouldn't start seeing any plasma flares? My guess is the decision logic on whether your paladin weapon has plasma flares takes place at bond time (or rank up time), and doesn't occur every time you swing. If this is the case, do I have to rebond it all over again?

Thanks again!
Appoloin
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 05/15/2021 05:28 PM CDT
>>Is there any possibility that when he removed the flairs on my weapon, that I wouldn't start seeing any plasma flares? My guess is the decision logic on whether your paladin weapon has plasma flares takes place at bond time (or rank up time), and doesn't occur every time you swing. If this is the case, do I have to rebond it all over again?

You shouldn't have to rebond, but it won't always be instant. Going on memory (always a mistake) but it should kick in when you absorb experience from killing something you learn from.

Viduus
Re: 1625 Weighting with Flares 07/03/2021 11:25 PM CDT
>>You shouldn't have to rebond, but it won't always be instant. Going on memory (always a mistake) but it should kick in when you absorb experience from killing something you learn from.

First: Welcome back!
Second: Dang, wish I had seen this, I went ahead and redid the bonding.