new cleric 12/11/2020 04:27 PM CST
hi, is there somewhere I can go to look at how to roll a cleric? new here and so many different things to consider... I'm looking at a casting cleric if that's possible?

thank you
Re: new cleric 12/11/2020 05:09 PM CST

I would take a look into this site. i am partial to the bolting / spell aiming route myself but it should be a decent enough resource to get you started.

https://gswiki.play.net/A_beginner%27s_guide_to_playing_a_cleric
Re: new cleric 12/12/2020 09:17 PM CST
thanks
Re: new cleric 12/12/2020 09:19 PM CST
question, since you are partial to bolt/spell aiming... how do you deal with the mana regen at low levels, and how do you gain exp if you only have enough mana for a few casts?
Re: new cleric 12/12/2020 09:43 PM CST
Wands.
Re: new cleric 12/12/2020 09:55 PM CST
oh, that makes sense... thank you
Re: new cleric 12/12/2020 09:59 PM CST
<question, since you are partial to bolt/spell aiming... how do you deal with the mana regen at low levels, and how do you gain exp if you only have enough mana for a few casts?>

At extremely low levels there's Arcane Blast, which costs 0 mana: https://gswiki.play.net/Arcane_Blast_(1700) This didn't exist when any of my pures were rolled up, so I'm not sure how long it's a viable option.

Aside from that, you'll want to find hunting grounds that have decent loot so you can afford wands either from the pawnshop backroom or the alchemist shop (I know the one in RR sells gold wands, not sure about other towns). If you make friends with a wizard, they'll usually be happy to duplicate the wands for you so you get twice the bang for your buck. Also, don't forget to keep any aqua/golden/coral/metal/blue/crystal wands you find on critters.

Lastly, just cause you're primarily interested in bolting doesn't mean you can't use CS spells. If you've hit something a couple times with a bolt and it doesn't die, finish it off with a cast of 302 to save mana. The heavy quartz orbs you'll find on critters will even help you cast it more effectively if you rub them.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: new cleric 12/21/2020 07:24 AM CST
Sorry I didn’t notice the question directed to me. At low levels with spell aiming mana isn’t that big of an issue. I suggest 2x harness power for a bit with proper target selection.

An example would be snow spectres Outside of Icemule. They are level 9 and with my level 6 halfling cleric I was able to kill them about 70% of the time in 1 shot with holy bolt. I did of course max out my dex for the highest AS possible early on. After farming these up to around 12-15 I would switch over to arch whights with the same result.