RECALL Update 12/09/2020 02:07 PM CST
RECALL (the verb available once an item's loresong has been unlocked) has been updated to just output the item properties with no roundtime. In addition, you can also use RECALL <item> LORESONG to get the full loresong (the previous output).

For loresong unlocking, the item difficulty is now explicitly stated. In addition, there was previously a bug in the intended maximum difficulty that is now fixed. The maximum difficulty of any item is 515. This gives a bard at level 100, 100 spellsong ranks, 100 ranks of MIU, EMC, MMC, 25 ranks of Telepathy, and Aura and Influence bonus of 25 each, at least a 10% chance to unlock any item.

GameMaster Estild
Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 02:44 PM CST
I cannot thank you enough for the change and the fix, so have another to go with all the happy dancing emojis from Discord--

THANK YOU ESTILD!!

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 02:48 PM CST
Superb update to loresong unlocking. Thanks for doing this! Makes the service much more worth while to have on items.
Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 03:18 PM CST
Current things not listed in RECALL's short output:

* Ensorcell
* Flare tier/details (ie. acuity)
* Bane info
* CAT D scripts (Bubble, Voln, etc)
* Item restrictions (Bound to player X)
Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 03:21 PM CST
Also, not sure if bug or new feature of RECALL's short version, but if an item is ASSESSed then the descriptor of that padding is shown in the RECALL as well. Not sure if it's shown permanently or if it will fade off. I'm hoping it's not a bug and part of the perm unlock if you also had it assessed. Thanks.
Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 03:46 PM CST
Current status of X/day uses would also be handy!

Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 03:57 PM CST
Super minor bug/typo to fix, but zelnorn (and maybe other things with AS boosts?) needs a period at the end of its AS boost line in the short output. :D

It imparts a bonus of +10 more than usual.
It helps to increase the efficiency of attacks made by the wearer with a bonus of 10
It appears to weigh about 3 pounds.
It is a an involved project (286 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara_(prime)
Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 04:05 PM CST
LEAFIARA
Super minor bug/typo to fix, but zelnorn (and maybe other things with AS boosts?) needs a period at the end of its AS boost line in the short output. :D

Fixed, along with the double article in the project difficulty line.

GameMaster Estild
Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 04:31 PM CST
Is the new shortened RECALL output supposed to be visible to both temp and perm loresong unlocking? It presently shows under both, though I expected it to be only under permanent.

Re: RECALL Update 12/09/2020 04:33 PM CST
I've noticed that some flare types show up, others don't.

The fire flares on my runestaff are showing up fine, but I have a sword with water flares on it that show in RECALL SHORT-SWORD LORESONG, but not in the condensed version.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: RECALL Update 12/10/2020 12:05 AM CST
Not a bard, but a significant purveyor in permanently unlocked loresongs. This change on both ends is wonderful!
Re: RECALL Update 12/11/2020 06:37 AM CST

like the changes....but the recall is not showing the value of the item now...thanks
Re: RECALL Update 12/17/2020 03:47 PM CST
This has been a nifty update, as now I can see the properties of my Iasha weapons. Thanks for everybody who helped beef up RECALL!
Re: RECALL Update 12/19/2020 01:07 AM CST
Whether an item is mage empowerable or rechargeable is still not showing up on the short recall.
Re: RECALL Update 01/23/2021 04:48 PM CST
RECALL and Player Shops item properties will now include:

Ensorcell
Mana and Acuity levels
Dispel flare levels
Water and Air flares
Creature Bane
Item Restrictions
Empowerable and Rechargeability of magical items
If an item is magic resistant

In addition, Bards can use RECALL <item> QUICK to always get the quick read out of item properties (like non-Bards) against items that are not permanently unlocked.

GameMaster Estild
Re: RECALL Update 01/23/2021 04:51 PM CST

Thanks for the updates! Would still love to be able to see remaining x/day charges, but otherwise, pretty close to perfect!
Re: RECALL Update 01/23/2021 04:53 PM CST

Better yet, the x/day timer too!
Re: RECALL Update 01/23/2021 04:55 PM CST
Thank you Estild!! <3 <3

Re: RECALL Update 01/23/2021 11:56 PM CST
Thanks Estild. This is awesome.

Could we also get recall to include max capacity and weight reduction quantities
Re: RECALL Update 01/24/2021 08:51 AM CST
Thanks. This is outstanding.
Re: RECALL Update 01/24/2021 10:47 AM CST
Thank you, Estild, these quality of life improvements are huge. Could I request one more that I've personally had a problem with and has the potential to cause some significant issues?

Items that have enhancive properties but which are not rechargeable at the Adventurer's Guild should have some messaging notifying people that it is not rechargeable. I once purchased such an item from a player shop that was not rechargeable, and it was priced with a significant markup that implied that it was normally rechargeable. The item, if memory serves, was a belt that came from a seasonal festival, and as such, it could not be found on the wiki to look up the details. (As opposed to, say, enhancive items obtained via NATA, which are on the wiki.) I was very fortunate that the player merchant in question was able to accommodate a refund because he also was mistaken about the properties of the item, but a less scrupulous player could take advantage of this loresong omission.

Including a line in the loresong recall that also shows up in player shops could help improve even further player trust in the player shop system.

Thanks for the consideration.
Re: RECALL Update 02/23/2021 11:06 PM CST
RECALL will provide container details:

>recall satchel
As you recall the bard's song, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the dark book satchel in your hand, and you learn something about it...

It appears to weigh about 3 pounds.
It is a container with a maximum interior capacity of 200 pounds with room for any number of items. It appears to reduce the weight of its contents by 100%.

GameMaster Estild
Re: RECALL Update 02/24/2021 10:47 AM CST
Thank you for this! <3

Re: RECALL Update 02/24/2021 11:32 AM CST
If you really really really wanted to show up Oscuro Estild, you should introduce resource use akin to essence for lore song knowledge unlocking. 50k as a min for unlocking fluff and some of the really easy items is very steep.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"