Strange sighting! 08/27/2016 04:41 PM CDT
Let me begin by saying that this is not my account, but I am allowed to play one character on it.

If you know me, you know me as Yawp, halfling berserker and North Gate ballista operator.

I am not sure this is the correct place for this posting, but I was advised by Tazzah that I should post it.

While hunting just south of Gaks in the Lynxs and Shaman area I saw something I thought both odd and possibly related to the current goings on in the Landing. Here is what I saw take place.

Up the hill to the northeast you see a clearing near a blackened tree. Several hobgoblins have gathered in the clearing, and you can just make out a shaman standing in their midst. Low guttural chanting rolls down the hillside as the shaman raises his hands, holding a billowing censer. With a howl that is half squeal, the ritual ends and the small group disperses into the forest surrounding the hill.

I hunt there a lot and have nay seen this before. When I went northeast to investigate I found nothing but the tree with an untouchable talisman in it branches.

Anyone else seen this?
Re: Strange sighting! 08/27/2016 05:09 PM CDT
Hmm, I don't know if that's a normal, if uncommon, ambient message or something else. Maybe another person can shed light on that.

I'm mainly answering because it gives me a chance to say I really like Yawp and am glad you're there to defend the gates. :)
Re: Strange sighting! 08/27/2016 05:33 PM CDT
OOC:

I found game object XML data from 2013 with that tree in it. I know nothing more.
Re: Strange sighting! 08/27/2016 05:48 PM CDT

As I posted earlier - I asked at Silverwood Manor as I could not find Mayor Pup or any other I knew were into the goings on. OOC: Tazzah answered my ring and wasn't sure either - after a GM meeting I was instructed to post it here because they were uncertain as well.
I guess we will find out tonight the answer to this question.
Re: Strange sighting! 08/27/2016 05:50 PM CDT
Thank you for the kind words - I love sitting up there aiming that huge beastie. ::::grins:::: Makes me feel useful.
Re: Strange sighting! 08/28/2016 09:57 AM CDT
>Up the hill to the northeast you see a clearing near a blackened tree. Several hobgoblins have gathered in the clearing, and you can just make out a shaman standing in their midst. Low guttural chanting rolls down the hillside as the shaman raises his hands, holding a billowing censer. With a howl that is half squeal, the ritual ends and the small group disperses into the forest surrounding the hill.

This is standard mood messaging for that room; it's just timing if you haven't seen it before. It's been in game since 1998.

~Vanah
Re: Strange sighting! 08/28/2016 02:21 PM CDT
"been in game since 1998" -- Vanah

Room messaging, that's legal.

I just gave in, and lightened some ICE armor... that was of drinking age.

Sti)l waiting to see WoW post things like that.