Quests and Deaths 10/11/2014 02:32 AM CDT
This is something that's bothered me a few times so far in this storyline. Tonight was just a particularly frustrating example of it. It seems like a lot of the story line events go (or are planned to go) something like:

1. Planning and build-up
2. Fight through capped critters.
3. Storyline climax.

But in practice for me they sometimes end up being:

1. Planning and build-up
2. Get insta-critted by a capped invasion foe.
3. Miss the storyline climax because I'm dead.

This happened to me with several of the Raznel events in Talador, and again tonight on Teras.

I know there's not always going to be RP justification for this, but it would be great if steps 2 and 3 were switched around more often. It's not the dying that bothers me so much as lasting several hours then not getting to see the end.
Re: Quests and Deaths 10/12/2014 04:04 PM CDT
Fyonn I so feel you on this issue, and I know rationally that it probably happens to a handful of people each an every time there's an event, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when its your turn and you miss out on what you can only assume was the epic conclusion to the build up. Sometimes though I am pretty certain I build the endings I missed up more in my mind than they actually are/were. Anywho, that was all I wanted to say, this just felt slightly more constructive than just +1'ing your post.

Archales

P.S. I'm still picking bits of those krolvin cross bolts outta my armor too.
Re: Quests and Deaths 03/13/2015 07:26 AM CDT

I'll +1 this as well. A few times..well a lot of times, I've experienced this too. It can be very frustrating to see the same people "getting to the end." However, I've learned to just do my own thing. Rp out the invasion where ever I am. No, I'm not in the storyline with the big dogs but I'm having fun no matter what dang it. I'm sure the thing for the GMs is to try and make an invasion fun and challenging. With the span of levels we have..that can get tricky. I LOVED the tiered invasion. Lower in town and zones getting harder and harder outwards. This brought a definite balance to it.