Raffle Etiquite 08/02/2014 05:12 PM CDT
Is it permissible to leave yourself in rest mode after entering a raffle (ideally out of sight) if you know you will not otherwise be available to log in at that time?

I would hope so, as folks have time constraints and all, but there is a clause stamped onto every raffle that may be intended to thwart such behavior.

The winners are responsible for being readily available, the merchant running the raffle is under no obligation to locate the winner or move the winner to an area where they can collect their prize.
Re: Raffle Etiquite 08/02/2014 05:33 PM CDT
The answer is that it depends upon the raffle and the merchant running the raffle. Sometimes the merchants cannot be present when the raffle is drawn either.

-- Robert
Re: Raffle Etiquite 08/02/2014 07:34 PM CDT

As was said, depends on the raffle. Reading the ticket before you purchase often gives a clue as to what is expected of the winner. It is not unusual for a note on the ticket purchase that says if the winner does not show up within five minutes of the draw their prize if forfeit.
Re: Raffle Etiquite 08/04/2014 12:44 PM CDT
I by no means speak for all GMs, but as a general rule I require that people show up within X amount of time (which is always clearly indicated on the raffle ticket!) when it is a service oriented raffle. It's much easier to track you down later if all I have to do is hand over your new, shiny thing than it is to delay a service that may require an be an in depth, lengthy process. With handing over an item, worse comes to worse, I can put the item somewhere safe and put a note in your account advising them where it is and who to release to and then ask that you ASSIST to claim it. But for a service oriented win, the same scenario isn't really fair to my fellow GMs because I would be putting them on the hook to do a service that they never agreed to do.

This message has been sponsored by, "In the Mind of a GM: Method Behind the Madness"

GM Reidyn
Customer Experience Systems