Is enhancive swapping gone for good? 03/31/2018 12:43 PM CDT
I'd love a chance to do some more swapping/combining, though I got the sense that some folks in charge weren't especially comfortable with a few of the outcomes. Should I keep these swapper candidates lockered or can I clear up some space?
Re: Is enhancive swapping gone for good? 07/09/2020 02:44 AM CDT
> I'd love a chance to do some more swapping/combining

I know it has only been 2 years since I asked; I hope that is not too soon for a bump :-)
Re: Is enhancive swapping gone for good? 07/09/2020 09:35 AM CDT
If the concern regarding enhancive swapping is that it allows for some overpowered enhancives to be created, then perhaps some restrictions could be made to bring this service back. I, for one, would love to see this service brought back, even with some reasonable restrictions.

Some ideas for restrictions:
[For purposes of clarity in writing the below, I'll use a few terms I'll define here. By "Changing Enhancive," I mean the stat/skill that was boosted prior to the service that will be swapped for another stat/skill. By "Resulting Enhancive," I mean the stat/skill that is newly boosted as a result of the service. ]
1. You may not use the service to get a Resulting Enhancive in a stat/skill in which that item already boosts that same stat/skill.
2. You can't get a Resulting Enhancive in a stat bonus/stat base/skill bonus/skill rank if the item being worked on already has an enhancive with any stat bonus/stat base/skill bonus/skill rank of the same type. E.g., you can't get a THW bonus Resulting Enhancive if that enhancive already has THW ranks.

What other restrictions do we need in order to make this service come back in a viable way?

As an example of a use case for this service, it would make the transition for a THW user with a set of THW enhancives into a TWC user much easier.
Re: Is enhancive swapping gone for good? 07/09/2020 10:45 AM CDT
I don't even have that sort of qualm about it, because the Fusion system specifically enables characters to go and get a boost to stat/skill value (or ranks) on the one hand, and stat/skill bonus on the other.
Re: Is enhancive swapping gone for good? 07/09/2020 07:15 PM CDT
following