Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 09:11 PM CST
It's update time!

Here is what we have planned (insert disclaimer here about things being subject to change, etc):

The next Sylinar's Spire event is tentatively scheduled for early April. We plan to open the Spire twice, with each run being 25 tickets and running for 2 hours like we did in December. I am aiming for one week night and one weekend time, and will announce that when we have the details locked in.

At this point, we're planning on doing all future Spire runs in 25 ticket batches. Four hours proved to be much harder to schedule, even when Sylinar's apprentice can help out. The old man just can't always block out that much time, and it's really hard on him to sit still on his aching, bony behind for that long.

Additionally, when the April dates hit the box office, you will only be permitted to buy ONE ticket per account. Not one ticket to each of the 2 runs, but one ticket per account out of the 50 available in April. This is simply a matter of making the service available to as many people as possible. At this point, there is no automated way for us to do this in the box office, but if someone does buy a 2nd ticket, it will be manually removed by our billing department.

If there are still tickets left when the event opens, we'll talk about offering them up to those in attendance like we have in the past.

~Liia
APM, Events & World Development

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my barbie-loving soul can reach... (even when you set me on fire)
~Issalya
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 09:51 PM CST
>Additionally, when the April dates hit the box office, you will only be permitted to buy ONE ticket per account.

I wonder if you realize how meaningless this restriction is with the existence of F2P. Again another move that only devalues Premium accounts with more than one character.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 09:59 PM CST
Just when you thought you were hearing some good new along comes Debbie Downer!

Chad, player of a few
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 10:08 PM CST
People who didn't get a ticket in December asked for some sort of limitation to have better odds next time. This is what we're doing for that. It's not devaluing premium, it's an arrangement I'm making for this April, period.

~Liia

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my barbie-loving soul can reach... (even when you set me on fire)
~Issalya
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 10:13 PM CST
>People who didn't get a ticket in December asked for some sort of limitation to have better odds next time.

While I understand this, the point is moot with the existence of F2P being allowed to go to ticketed events.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 10:13 PM CST

putting the pictures back in the process should help
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 10:14 PM CST
>Just when you thought you were hearing some good new along comes Debbie Downer!

Yes, when the trend in GS is to nerf and devalue everything that has existed, people are going to comment on it accordingly.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 10:30 PM CST
People who didn't get a ticket in December asked for some sort of limitation to have better odds next time. This is what we're doing for that. It's not devaluing premium, it's an arrangement I'm making for this April, period.
~Liia

You might as well not even have the limitation if all one has to do is open a F2P account to purchase a ticket.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/11/2016 10:50 PM CST
Will it be opening up to Premium only first?

Doing a scaled release on ticket sales to limited ticket events would resolve most of these complaints. Premium gets first dibs, then Standard accounts get a go for a bit, and if there are any tickets remaining F2P gets a shot. I know that the setup is already there for Premie to get first shot, so can't imagine it would be that difficult to adjust it for F2P to wait til last.

An announcer shouts, "Introducing our new combatant, Duskruin Arena Hero Durakar al'Yari Faendryl the Captain of the Mist Harbor Militia, hailing from Isle of the Four Winds!"
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/12/2016 08:44 AM CST

<<<People who didn't get a ticket in December asked for some sort of limitation to have better odds next time. This is what we're doing for that. It's not devaluing premium, it's an arrangement I'm making for this April, period.

Actually, the request was since it was originally announced as a HALF event.. was that the second half of the event the accounts that went to the first half not be able to buy a ticket to the second half.

Since apparently it being a HALF event has also changed, I guess I can see where you don't want to do that.

More .3 second ticket offerings, yay!
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/12/2016 03:29 PM CST
I thought one of the premium perks was getting first dibs on ticketed events, no?
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/12/2016 05:40 PM CST

<<<I thought one of the premium perks was getting first dibs on ticketed events, no?

Not as much anymore.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/12/2016 06:08 PM CST
>I thought one of the premium perks was getting first dibs on ticketed events, no?

It's still listed as one, which is why I was asking about that. Premium should get first dibs on these, and at 25 ticket batches I don't foresee it getting to the Standard accounts for several runs.

An announcer shouts, "Introducing our new combatant, Duskruin Arena Hero Durakar al'Yari Faendryl the Captain of the Mist Harbor Militia, hailing from Isle of the Four Winds!"
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 01:59 PM CST
Premium will get the normal early access to these, yes.

~Liia

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
~Issalya
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 02:16 PM CST
Thanks for the update and info Liaa.

So to be clear, everyone starts with a fresh slate for the first April mini-run, including those that went in December?

I am confused by "At this point, there is no automated way for us to do this in the box office, but if someone does buy a 2nd ticket, it will be manually removed by our billing department." Did something change here? It was previously able for billing to block box office ticket purchases from previous run purchases. Like at Droughtman miniruns, RtCF etc. Or did that all have to be done manually? :/

Also, will these 2 runs coincide with the April Duskruin?
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 02:20 PM CST
So now these runs are in effect premium only? Weak.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 02:27 PM CST
Premium will get the normal early access to these, yes.
~Liia

Thank you for maintaining this premium benefit.

For Roblar: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Quests%60Sagas%60Events/Sylinar's%20Spire/view/430

~Liia

It sounds pretty clear that those who went in December will not be allowed to purchase tickets to the April run(s). Which is nice, because it will allow more people the chance to attend.

The only request I can think of is will you please announce when tickets will go on sale, the specific date and time, and stick to it. Don't change the time of the sale at the last minute.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 02:31 PM CST
Sill not clear, it is written as (paraphrased), "Due to the December objections, it is new policy going forward, so will apply to the second April 25 tickets.". Or, it can possibly imply that.

Doesn't really matter to me, just want to ensure so I am prepared to get around it if needed.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 02:38 PM CST
Doesn't really matter to me, just want to ensure so I am prepared to get around it if needed.

There's only 25 tickets in a run. You can't let someone else have an opportunity to attend Sylinar's and feel the need to get around the restrictions?
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 02:47 PM CST

Wow, so all the comments about the devaluing of premium, and the entire time the point was moot.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 02:54 PM CST
By getting around the restriction, do you mean possibly paying $40 for a month on an extra premium account and then buying a ticket for needs I have?

Then I guess no? There is heavy demand. Simu make the rules and I adjust.

And there are 50, and more after that.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 03:02 PM CST
<Wow, so all the comments about the devaluing of premium, and the entire time the point was moot.>

I don't think it was moot. I think the comments and discussion prodded the policy for the event. It would have likely gone out as other runs had, open ended.

It actually hurts my plan from two months ago (coupled with 1 acct per run ) but I think it is the fairest thing, since premium has not enjoyed its stated first right purchase in abit.

It's good to mix things up though.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 03:27 PM CST
Thanks for the update, Liia!

I haven't yet gotten a chance to go and am in dire need of the hiding pin so Lylia doesn't look like Marjory the Trash Heap when wearing her enhancive jewelry.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 05:11 PM CST
>I don't think it was moot. I think the comments and discussion prodded the policy for the event. It would have likely gone out as other runs had, open ended.

I agree. Thanks for reconsidering. This is fair.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 07:59 PM CST
as a basic subscriber I guess I can forget about going to the spire unless premium's early release is limited to 10 seconds to give basic people 10 seconds before the tickets are gone... Think they were gone in 25 seconds last time?
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/14/2016 08:35 PM CST
10 years ago I was a prime member and visited no events. Not even EG. Now I'm premium and buy event tickets 2+ times a year. I wonder if there's a connection...
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/15/2016 05:48 PM CST
> 10 years ago I was a prime member and visited no events. Not even EG. Now I'm premium and buy event tickets 2+ times a year. I wonder if there's a connection...

Im not a scholar but since EG isnt a limited event, I'd guess the connection is since you became premium you have more money to spend on entertainment so you buy more event tickets? I bet Im right.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/16/2016 08:21 AM CST
Well, I'm not paying an extra $25 every month to have an opportunity to spend another $30 on an event a couple times a year. Especially just to get three things made permanent. So I'll just wait and complain every so often about limited ticket events like the spire being premium only.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/16/2016 09:55 AM CST

>Especially just to get three things made permanent

You can do a lot more at the Spire than that. See the enhancive swapping option.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/16/2016 12:03 PM CST
Last year was far more than twice.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - Next Run(s) 02/16/2016 02:55 PM CST
>Well, I'm not paying an extra $25 every month to have an opportunity to spend another $30 on an event a couple times a year.

And yet, plenty of people do, so it's called supply and demand. Until Premium demand is filled for limited events, Basic and non-subscribers shouldn't be allowed a shot. Events of any kind are the ultimate bonus regarding GS. You should get what you pay for (or not).