Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/08/2015 09:58 PM CST

<<<Well, future runs can always change. But nothing is changing for this run or the other half. I don't want to eat my words later on here! Heh.

So basically... get your swapping in now while you can.

I now I know.. not what you said, but just trying to be realistic.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/08/2015 10:05 PM CST
Damnit. I took a nap on the theory that they would be posted at midnight only to check just now and find them sold out. I hope we can count on a robust series of runs like we saw last year so this doesn't turn into an RTCF-style rush.

As of now I'm not seeing any services for sale on the secondary market, but that's what you're courting if you release 25 at a time with the suggestion that available services may change at future runs.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/08/2015 11:05 PM CST
Sorry everyone, selling tickets close to a scheduled billing database job we just did caused a hiccup. We'll have them up tonight around 9pm ET.

~Wyrom, APM

If you announce an event and announce when tickets will go on sale, will you please stick to that schedule?

I am not happy that the ticket sale time was changed to be 3 hours before they were announced to be on sale.

If you choose a date and time, stick with it! No matter what! Or don't announce until you're certain that you can honor what you're saying!
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/08/2015 11:21 PM CST
Well, his post was in response to the failed midnight EST on 12/8. We were there and ticket purchasing failed because of his answer. They then, because of the problem, scheduled it for 9pm today as someone voiced concern that a second midnight ticket sale was late.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/08/2015 11:22 PM CST
Okayyyy.

Can you have another one? REALLY SOON, PLEASE? This time of the year is really difficult for some of us, on time, and to miss the event after waiting so long is just painful.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/09/2015 07:25 AM CST
I also missed out. :( But there will be other runs, and I just want three things made permanent. I don't see that service going away in later runs, so the items will wait.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/09/2015 02:22 PM CST
Doing this in batches of 25 at a time is a recipe for a small group getting most of the tickets, and most of the rest of your customers being pissed off. Haven't we gone through this before? If you do this again as a "second half" it's just going to limit access to those with faster fingers. Either don't do the service or open it up for more slots, so at least most people can participate if they want to.

Kerl
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/09/2015 03:25 PM CST
The small ticket batch/2 hour time for this run was specifically done because we had no GMs available to do a 4 hour block of time this month. Everyone's schedules are crazy with work, the holidays, etc. So we figured better a small run, than no run.

Don't worry, we will absolutely be doing this again soon.

The reason for the midnight release was because of how the box office works: when we set up a date, it automatically opens at midnight (well, except for these database hiccups, which should be resolved now). The 9pm actual release was because we didn't want to wait another entire day, so we called in a favor and someone set the tickets up manually for us at 9pm at night.

Services! For your convenience, the services are listed on the wiki. Which, for some reason, won't show up when I put the link here. Just search Sylinar's Spire!

~Liia
APM, Events & World Development

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my barbie-loving soul can reach... (even when you set me on fire)
~Issalya
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/09/2015 03:26 PM CST
Tada!

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Sylinar%27s_Spire
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/09/2015 04:00 PM CST
5 Points to Hufflepuff!

~Liia

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my barbie-loving soul can reach... (even when you set me on fire)
~Issalya
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/10/2015 09:03 AM CST
>I will give a heads up if possible

I guess it wasn't possible? :-/
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/10/2015 02:31 PM CST
Looking in this very subforum, I guess the timing was in fact announced. I had expected another top-level announcement, but I guess I could have kept a closer eye on this folder.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/10/2015 03:40 PM CST
My concern was the reference to the "other half" of this run, which to me implied that the next run would also be a mere 25 people. I think you would have been better off not doing a run than limiting it to 25 people, or limiting the run to 1 item per person and opening it up for 75 people. It's just really bad for customer experience when participation comes down to latency. Get away from that in any way possible and you'll satisfy a lot more people.

Thanks,

Kerl
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/10/2015 06:02 PM CST

Or just make the next run locked to people that got on this run. Specially if it's another half run.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/10/2015 06:17 PM CST
Yeah. I'd think that's fair. Might have a range of opinion on it and billing might get wonky. I think RtCF did that per account and a lot of people have more than one account so it might not have the total impact of spreading the love, but it's a good integrity statement as a company and community interaction.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/10/2015 06:43 PM CST
Lord people- really?

The GMs wanted to fit a run in because they knew the players wanted it. When absolutely no one had even a 4 hour block for this, they still tried to work it out so their players would have an event. And in the end they went with two events- a 2 hour run now and a 2 hour run later. (And if you've ever run an event of any kind, you know that those two events will end up taking up more GM time than a single event)

So they go out of their way to put this on for folks, to be nice. And you're going to turn around and complain because you weren't one of the 25 who got into the first run? You're going to argue that because you personally didn't get a ticket, no one should have? And those 25 people who did get tickets should just have to wait because you were disappointed?

Some days, I don't know why the GMs bother at all. The nicer you are, the most everyone complains.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/10/2015 10:41 PM CST

Well, I certainly said none of that.

I did say that if they took 1 event and split it in two so they could get something in, in December, then at least make the second half of the event locked to the accounts that went to this one.

After all... you can't buy two tickets to the same event on the same account, can you?

I am not even disappointed I didn't get a ticket, irritated It popped up at 9:04 instead of 9:00 when I was looking for it, yes.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/11/2015 03:21 PM CST
Sven, you make it sound like criticism is a bad thing. Criticism is a good thing. Look at all the improvements that have come about in GS because of criticism by the player base. We want improvements to how things work, and there's nothing wrong with that. Of course, there is polite, constructive criticism, and then there's negative criticism, and I'm not hearing a lot of attacks on GMs or anything personal; I'm mostly hearing suggestions.

What I want is opportunity. If there is a "second half" as Wyrom put it, that's also 25 people, that would just also sell out in less than a minute, and what's the point in that? I will place a bet right now, that half the people in the "second half" will have also been in the first half, which would not have been the case with a 50 customer run. So you end up with 37 people getting a much demanded service. I hope that's not the plan.

Kerl
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/13/2015 10:41 AM CST

Criticism has its place, but so does appreciation.

Your attempt to ennoble the often juvenile knee jerk reactions on this forum is silly. How many GMs have we burned out with our all-important criticism?

This would be a better place if we started with appreciation first. Years in the business world has taught me that when I start with appreciation my constructive feedback is more likely to be taken seriously, and that person is more likely to work with me in the future.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 12/13/2015 10:56 PM CST
I guess we should both avoid blanket statements. Some criticism is good, some is not.
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 01/25/2016 11:48 PM CST
Is there a date for the other half of this run?
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 01/26/2016 10:20 AM CST
Not yet. It will definitely be after Briarmoon Cove, however.

~Liia

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
~Issalya
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 02/09/2016 12:55 AM CST
>It will definitely be after Briarmoon Cove, however.

Now that Briarmoon Cove is over, I'm going to restrain myself from filling this post with "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?"

It isn't easy.

--- Lauren, Lylia's player who really, really wants one of those griffin pins
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 02/09/2016 03:13 PM CST
>I'm going to restrain myself from filling this post with "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?"

But... I think you just did. :)

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, World Development
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 02/09/2016 06:40 PM CST
I lack discipline!

(Also, are we there yet?)
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 02/10/2016 08:00 AM CST

<<I lack discipline!>>

::scoffs::
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 02/10/2016 06:15 PM CST
This weekend only! Sylinar's Spire, Duskruin, and 3 runs of CCF!!!!!one1broadsword1!!

I kid.

Not quite yet.

~Liia

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
~Issalya
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 02/10/2016 06:18 PM CST

>!!!!!one1broadsword1!!

what about a broadsword?!
Re: Sylinar's Spire - December Run 02/10/2016 06:57 PM CST
>l
You see a shady-looking dude.
He is wearing a trench coat.

A shady-looking dude says, "Psst. Hey.. you wanna buy a broadsword?"
A shady-looking dude opens one side of his trench coat, which is lined with a bunch of broadswords.

A broadsword slips from the coat and stabs a shady-looking dude in the foot.

This is why we can't have nice things.

~Liia

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
~Issalya
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page