Service idea for future runs 11/14/2014 03:14 PM CST
I was talking to someone about this last night, and came up with an idea for an enhancive-related service that might have some (granted, limited) appeal:

Say I have a nice, enhancive ring. Say, I can't wear it because I have a few RP-related fluff rings that I refuse to take off, even for the promise of +9 bolt AS.

Suggestion: Allow the transfer of the enhancives from one ring to another.

Rules to keep this balanced:
- The two items must be worn in the same slot
- The fluff item cannot have any existing enhancives or other combat-related bonuses. (IE - it must be 100% fluffy. This service can't be used to stack enhancives.)

With those two rules in place, this service confers basically zero mechanical benefit. It's really about sentiment, RP and fluff.

Obviously, if the only thing special about the fluffy ring is a nice alteration, this service is kind of silly. Next time you see an alterer, you should probably just get your enhancive ring altered to match the original and toss the first down the well.

I think the appeal of this is for sentimental, RP-related fluff that's also scripty in nature. (IE - cathedral wedding rings, etc.)

(No doubt there's fluff scripts out there where this wouldn't work, but I assume those could be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.)

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Service idea for future runs 11/15/2014 01:39 PM CST

>Suggestion: Allow the transfer of the enhancives from one ring to another.

Many years ago, when the first round of gift enhancives came out, Clunk had something like this done to the item he chose. Not sure who the GM was, or how it was done, but an item he wore for RP reasons became that enhancive (or maybe the enhancive became the item he wore). The enhancive charge wore out long ago, and recharging never seems to last that long, but the item is still there, and (like his beard) never comes off.

So, seconded. It sort of seems right to me that those items that each of our characters treat as special and character defining would also be the logical choice for hosting those additional game-mechanics reasons for never wanting to part with them.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)