Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 05:29 PM CST

Is the run on the 23rd going to be the only Plat run? And is there a reason that the area will only be open for a period of four hours?

It seems reasonable that since you have the opportunity to bring other chars from the same account in for shopping and such, it would be nice to have a few more hours. I understand that your three services have to happen within that initial four hour window though. Just something to consider.

I ask about the plat run because I would have liked to do it, but a Sunday morning is NEVER going to work for me. Sad for me that the money isn't the issue, the timing is.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 07:00 PM CST

Any word if the brawling vambraces restrictions are going to change with the swap service? Like change brawling to OHE but require 50 ranks of OHE instead of brawling?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 07:54 PM CST
>>Checking on the skill-swap thing.

We're a go on this. If you switch +5 OHE (requiring 30 ranks of OHE skill) to +5 brawling, as an example, Sylinar will switch the restriction to 30 ranks of brawling skill.

~GM Liia
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 07:59 PM CST
>>Is the run on the 23rd going to be the only Plat run?

Yes, for now. If there's a demand we'll schedule more.

>>And is there a reason that the area will only be open for a period of four hours?

With limited tickets, we want everyone to be able to get their 3 services in a certain duration. 50 ticket sell outs, 4 hours to do. That was our educate guess. The four hour duration is the same as the Albatross Excursions, but at this point, Sylinar's beloved Spire is just not that big. The shop info I mentioned earlier is what you can expect for this event. The grounds themselves, outside the tower, are only a couple rooms. So while there's mood messaging and some cool details here and there when you LOOK at stuff, and while Sylinar will definitely RP as he works, it's not a big exploring thing.

Now, as I said, there are lots of ideas and potential for future expansion. But for now, 4 hours really should be plenty. It's primarily about the services and hiding pin souvenir.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 08:59 PM CST
<<I thought these items were specifically made to not be recharged?

You can recharge/perm Clepsydra's stuff.

Troubled Waters/Black Swan stuff like my trident pin you can't though; which sucks.

~Mikoguchi Chydenar; Jackal Corps.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 09:28 PM CST
You may choose to use "remove that penalty" as one of your services.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 09:37 PM CST

>>Checking on the skill-swap thing.

We're a go on this. If you switch +5 OHE (requiring 30 ranks of OHE skill) to +5 brawling, as an example, Sylinar will switch the restriction to 30 ranks of brawling skill.

~GM Liia

Thanks for the confirmation. Your so awesome.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 06:46 AM CST
Haven't heard from anyone yet about general skills like picking locks. Could you switch disarm to picking? Or climbing to picking? The first post had (any other skill) but not sure if that meant general skills or not...
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 06:53 AM CST
Pretty sure the answer to that is no, based on the original post:

Strength to Wisdom (one to another)
Constitution, Dexterity, Agility, or Discipline (any one to another)
Logic, Intuition, or Influence (any one to another)
Any Weapons Skill, Except TWC or Multi-Opponent Combat, (any one to another)
Magic Item Use to Arcane Symbols (one to another)
Mana Controls - Elemental, Spiritual, Mental (one to another)
Any Lores (any one to another)

So you could switch Logic to Influence. Or Intuition to Logic. None of the skills listed above are Lock Picking, and nothing indicates that that one could be included in any of the "any one to another". Those words (one to another) refer directly to the list provided.

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Forest Gnomes
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 06:58 AM CST
Ah ok. I read into that wrong, thanks. I guess there is no reason for me to sign up for this then since I just want picking stuff.

Thanks for clarifying this for me!
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 07:26 AM CST
<< We're a go on this. If you switch +5 OHE (requiring 30 ranks of OHE skill) to +5 brawling, as an example, Sylinar will switch the restriction to 30 ranks of brawling skill. >> ~GM Liia

It provides a bonus of 4 to Agility Bonus.
This enhancement cannot be used by adventurers without at least a strong amount of skill in Brawling.
It provides a bonus of 6 to Brawling Bonus.
This enhancement cannot be used by adventurers without at least a strong amount of skill in Brawling.

Two questions about the above item:

(1) If I switch brawling to spell aiming and leave the agility bonus as is, will I still need brawling skill to take advantage of the agility bonus?

(2) If I switch brawling to spell aiming and switch agility to dexterity, will the requirement for both enhancive traits be switched to spell aiming?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 07:51 AM CST
Strength to Wisdom (one to another)
Constitution, Dexterity, Agility, or Discipline (any one to another)
Logic, Intuition, or Influence (any one to another)
Any Weapons Skill plus Spell Aim, Except TWC or Multi-Opponent Combat, (any one to another)
Magic Item Use to Arcane Symbols (one to another)
Mana Controls - Elemental, Spiritual, Mental (one to another)
Any Lores (any one to another)

Just based off the feedback here Wyrom, is there any chance the following enhancive swaps could be considered in addition:

- Armor Use, Shield Use, Dodge, Physical Fitness?, Hiding?
- Ambush, TWC, CM, MoC, Perception? Physical Fitness? Hiding?
- Add Harness in with Mana Controls
- Survival, Disarm Traps, Pick Locks, First Aid, Trading, Pick Pockets, Perception? Hiding?
- Climb, Swim, Perception?

The skills with a question mark are in multiple places because I wasn't sure the best category to put them in. All that said I completely understand if you and Mestys do not wish to add any further skills to the list. Just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 08:27 AM CST
There are no plans on offering tertiary skill swapping, just because the balance is actually a lot harder.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 08:28 AM CST
>>(1) If I switch brawling to spell aiming and leave the agility bonus as is, will I still need brawling skill to take advantage of the agility bonus?
>>(2) If I switch brawling to spell aiming and switch agility to dexterity, will the requirement for both enhancive traits be switched to spell aiming?

We will only update the restriction if you change the enhancive. So unfortunately for these bracers, you'll need to use 2 services to fully change it over. But yes, both would be spelling aiming.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 08:42 AM CST
Makes sense Wyrom, thanks for the quick response. Just a little nit pick on the currently accepted categories. Shouldn't Dexterity be in the same category as Strength? It is a primary AS stat for ranged and bolt attacks. It is the most valuable stat in the Dexterity, Agility, Constitution, Discipline category by a very large margin.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 10:09 AM CST
Yeah, but we're using the guidelines we used at RtCF. And people have already bought tickets under the announcement.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 12:37 PM CST

Could we put Two weapon combat into the weapon list? I mean you have spell aiming. Why wouldn't you include TWC?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/14/2014 02:49 PM CST
The list you see is finalized.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/15/2014 02:22 PM CST

getting to this thread late I think ...

Is there anything planned that allows swapping of scripts from one item to another? For instance, moving the Voln script from one item of armor to another?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/15/2014 04:50 PM CST
>>Is there anything planned that allows swapping of scripts from one item to another? For instance, moving the Voln script from one item of armor to another?

No scripts will be touched at this event.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/17/2014 07:53 AM CST
>Haven't heard from anyone yet about general skills like picking locks. Could you switch disarm to picking? Or climbing to picking? The first post had (any other skill) but not sure if that meant general skills or not...

The picking stat is DEX, which is pretty attractive to swap into at this event. I'd look for stats to turn into DEX if you haven't already maxxed out your DEX enhancives.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 02/26/2015 02:09 PM CST

Hey I was wondering why you won't allow switching with TWC? Is it because TWC is valued higher (or lower)?

I ask because I recently made a bummer purchase from a player shop and misread TWC for THW... So I was hoping for a way to switch it to THW. Thought I'd double-check the swapping post and there-and-behold an exclusion for TWC. Argh.

Maybe we can find some wiggle-room here before the next Sylinar's Spire runs?
A man can dream!
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 02/26/2015 03:16 PM CST
Two Weapon Combat is not a direct AS skill, therefore, it is not eligible to switch between the other skills that contribute directly to weapon or bolt AS.

___
SGM of Premium, Promotions and Events
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 02/26/2015 07:45 PM CST

It does directly affect left hand AS but.. I guess I'm stuck with it as is :(
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page