Prev_page Previous 1
Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 04:37 PM CST
I wanted a lot of S.

Due to popular demand, a 5th service will be offered at the Spire. Enhancive Swapping will now be available for you to choose as one of your three services.

Strength to Wisdom (one to another)
Constitution, Dexterity, Agility, or Discipline (any one to another)
Logic, Intuition, or Influence (any one to another)
Any Weapons Skill, Except TWC or Multi-Opponent Combat, (any one to another)
Magic Item Use to Arcane Symbols (one to another)
Mana Controls - Elemental, Spiritual, Mental (one to another)
Any Lores (any one to another)

Conditions: Spell knowledge enhancives are not allowed in any sort of swapping. All restrictions on an item will remain. Enhancives must remain in the same increments, meaning no changing ranks to bonus. Item's that can't be recharged are not eligible. Fusion items are not eligible. Edible items are not eligible. Temp enhancives are not eligible (like the dachre). No scripted items that are hard coded enhancives (black ora weapons and some of the orbs offered at various Ebon Gate auctions in 2006/2009).

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 04:55 PM CST
I'm soothed to see Sylinar sport super spectacles.

~GM Liia, also full of S.
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 04:57 PM CST
Does spell aiming fall anywhere under this chart? Weapon skill maybe?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 05:08 PM CST
Great addition. I really appreciate you guys taking the player feedback into consideration.

Glurph

>wtrick tslice
You try to stuff your razern morning star in your ear.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 06:04 PM CST
Man... I don't know that I can ever recall a time when the staff has been so responsive.

Thank you for this. Now to .. plan. :-)

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 06:28 PM CST
>>Does spell aiming fall anywhere under this chart? Weapon skill maybe?

Unfortunately, it doesn't. Spell aiming is a little more rarer too.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 06:43 PM CST
How about Combat Maneuvers? Is that considered a weapon skill?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 06:44 PM CST
No. Only ranged, thrown, edged, twohanded, polearm, and brawling skills.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 06:50 PM CST
Nobody cares about blunts!
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 07:50 PM CST
>>Nobody cares about blunts!

Hah, I knew I forgot something.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 08:33 PM CST
Sorry guys, guess spell aiming was offered at RtCF. I didn't know that. But I'll honor it. Spell aiming is a weapon skill and part of the list (same with blunt weapons that got missed earlier too). CM, TWC, MoC are all not considered weapon skills and are still excluded though.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:08 PM CST
Same rules apply, right? We could chose swapping up to three times per run? Or only once per run?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:09 PM CST

>Enhancive Swapping will now be available for you to choose as one of your three services.

so to be perfectly clear about it, unlike the other services, you are limited to one swapping?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:18 PM CST
>>We could chose swapping up to three times per run? Or only once per run?

Same rules. You pick 3 services, or one of the offered service three times, or any combination up to a total of three, and Sylinar will do it/them on whichever eligible item you'd like.

~GM Liia, disclaimers-R-us.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:25 PM CST
Yeah, sorry, don't read into it too much. I just meant, you still have 3 services, you can choose this service as one (or all) of your three.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:31 PM CST
With regard to the enhancive swapping..

Lets say I have an enhancive that is +5 Logic and +5 Influence... yes/no on whether or not I can swap out the influence for logic?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:34 PM CST
Yeah, we'd likely just recalculate the LOG to +10.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:36 PM CST
Super awesome. So I could take a pair of +4 ranged and covert them to spell aiming?

Velvette
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:38 PM CST
Wait, what? So if I have a an item that has +5 brawling bonus and +5 thrown weapon bonus I can get both of them swapped to whatever weapon I want and have the bonus be additive? What would the limits on this be? What is the maximum possible bonus?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:40 PM CST
Remember, you can't swap them from two difference items. So no making a super enhancive. Swapping a SINGLE enhancive is the service. So in the example where you have +5 brawling and +5 thrown, and you'd want +10 polearm, that's 2 services. And both those enhancives would need to be on the same item. Hope that helps.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:47 PM CST

Okay. That's crazy in a very good way. But what is the maximum possible bonus to a single skill? If I had an item that was +8 brawling and +8 thrown, are you going to make it +16 polearm for two services? Has this cleared QC?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 09:58 PM CST
>>Okay. That's crazy in a very good way. But what is the maximum possible bonus to a single skill?

lmktfy

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Enhancive

>>If I had an item that was +8 brawling and +8 thrown, are you going to make it +16 polearm for two services?

Yes, at the cost of 2/3rd of the services for this event. The levels restrictions will also be increased, should they exist for the enhancive (it would fall in line with the bonus:level ratio).

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Enhancive_item_level_requirements

>>Has this cleared QC?

Yes. But if we want to scrutinize it, I'll make sure.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/12/2014 10:05 PM CST
I just want to make sure before I start buying items that would only be useful to me if I'm allowed to use multiple services to swap and combine bonuses.
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 12:26 AM CST

Just want to be sure I understand the conditions clearly:

'All restrictions on an item will remain.' Does this mean that if I change a set of vambraces which add to brawling bonus, and require a lot of brawling skill, to have a OHE bonus, that they will still require a lot of brawling skill, or will the restriction 'follow' the bonus?

'Fusion items are not eligible.' No orbs, then, or is this specifically for armor and weapons already charged?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 12:34 AM CST
No orbs.

I am curious on the restrictions as well. Its kind of moot as I'll always have plenty of brawling but it just makes for a weird item.

Also, it was posted on the PC that someone else had the restriction changed to the new weapon type (50 ranks of ranged or SA instead of brawl).
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 05:32 AM CST
What is the maximum capacity of charges an item may hold, and is there an easy way to determine what the current capacity is?

Tarakan
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 07:08 AM CST
Somewhat off topic, but since this event has led to a massive reorganization of my enhancives I figure I'll give it a shot.

Does the passive stamina recovery effect from Rejuvenation count towards the stamina recovery cap? Or is it not considered an enhancive?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 07:13 AM CST
Oops... And while I'm on the subject, does the stamina recovery benefit accrued from having enhanced Constitution count towards the stamina recovery cap in the same way that the bonus maximum health and maximum stamina from enhanced Constitution counts toward those caps?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 07:18 AM CST
This particular service change has me re-evaluating the value of this event. Well played Wyrom, well played.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 07:29 AM CST
No orbs.

Restrictions remain include:

Level Requirements (including recalculating per Wyrom's earlier post)
Society
Race
Profession
Guild
Character/Account attunement

Checking on the skill-swap thing.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 08:07 AM CST
>>What is the maximum capacity of charges an item may hold, and is there an easy way to determine what the current capacity is?

About 400. Premium enhancives start at 200. Most anything you find out of the treasure system is anywhere between 10 to 80. Giftbox items are 80 charges. But you'll need to do the research.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 09:23 AM CST

For reference, at this year's EG festival in the shop selling COL enhancives a sign stated that each enhancive had 25 charges. I didn't know if it was a warning that the enhancives wouldn't last long or if it was a promotion that they would last a long time. Sounds like they were about average.

One of the services to be offered at Sylinar's Spire is to increase the capacity of an item by the greater of 10 charges or 10%. Why would that service be desirable? Is it cheaper per charge to recharge an item if the item has a lot of charges?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 09:37 AM CST
>>One of the services to be offered at Sylinar's Spire is to increase the capacity of an item by the greater of 10 charges or 10%. Why would that service be desirable? Is it cheaper per charge to recharge an item if the item has a lot of charges?

If people want them to last longer. Not everyone min/maxes. Not everyone tries to get every last usage out of their enhancive item. Someone might only charge their enhancive at the end of the year when it costs silvers and not worry about it until next year.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 09:45 AM CST
I think most people are like me, we have a couple of enhancives, don't orb things and just sell stuff we find that are sort of meh to the pawnshop for 35k.

Velvette
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 10:24 AM CST
Could I switch any bonus or skill to picking bonus or skill?

So if I had a 10 to climbing bonus item. Could I get that changed to 10 to picking bonus?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 11:20 AM CST
The swapping service is pretty awesome and while I don't want to complain I just can't understand how decisions are made regarding service/item offerings, game balance, etc. You guys won't sell flaring armors at regular merchants or 5x weapons at ebon gate but you'll make a quick, unplanned decision (appearing to be a reaction to poor sales of tickets for the original offerings) to let folks SIGNIFICANTLY upgrade their enhancives and attack abilities at this event. One SMALL example is a +5 to constitution bonus ring that was in a player shop for 1m. A quick service change to dexterity and someone just increased their ranged AS by +5. This event just became a mini rtcf because of the addition. And it seems further unbalanced because it caters mostly to the already powerful high end players who have high end enhancives and/or the silver to buy them. Please help me understand. This is just me being honest so please don't flame me. I am personally taking advantage also...I was able to put together a logic dagger set because I ran out and bought 2 +6 to inf/int bonus and 2 +8 to inf/int player shop items. Instant major permanent upgrade to my character. Hurray!?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 02:27 PM CST
>>I just can't understand how decisions are made regarding service/item offerings, game balance, etc.

Several people asked about possibly offering enhancive swapping at the Spire. The swapping that is allowed at this event was approved quickly because the specifics had been reviewed at another event (RtCF). GM Mestys was able to make his decision because it was not a big system review, it was a request to offer a service for a second time, on a limited basis. Plus, he was awesome and got right back to us.

>>And it seems further unbalanced because it caters mostly to the already powerful high end players who have high end enhancives and/or the silver to buy them.

As far as catering to specific players, I disagree with this. Enhancive items show up in treasure boxes. They showed up in the Necropolis. Sometimes people sell them to the pawnshop, and you can get them there. What someone sells an item for in a player shop is entirely up to them, and in no way is governed by the actual, mechanical value of an item.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 02:29 PM CST
>>For reference, at this year's EG festival in the shop selling COL enhancives a sign stated that each enhancive had 25 charges.

That would be Clepsydra, which was my shop. All the enhancives sold there were 25 charges and crumbly, meaning if you let the last charge run out, the item poofs. So yes, you could bring those to the Spire and have them changed to hold 35 charges, or you could make them non-crumbly. Or both, if you wanted to use 2 of your 3 services on that item!

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Capacity Question 11/13/2014 02:43 PM CST

>That would be Clepsydra, which was my shop. All the enhancives sold there were 25 charges and crumbly, meaning if you let the last charge run out, the item poofs. So yes, you could bring those to the Spire and have them changed to hold 35 charges, or you could make them non-crumbly. Or both, if you wanted to use 2 of your 3 services on that item!

I thought these items were specifically made to not be recharged?
Re: Sylinar's Spire: Super Swapping Service 11/13/2014 04:37 PM CST
>>>>I just can't understand how decisions are made regarding service/item offerings, game balance, etc.

While this obviously looked like an "on the fly" update. It was discussed prior to this event being announced. We decided to go with the 4 services we initially announced. These smaller events are going to be touch and go though. We need to see what you guys value them. What makes them worth it. As for this turning into as mini RtCF, we're talking about one service offered at RtCF being offered here. That's a pretty big stretch by any imagination.

>>>>And it seems further unbalanced because it caters mostly to the already powerful high end players who have high end enhancives and/or the silver to buy them.

People with expensive appetites tend to want expensive things. There is balance in this. You make yourself a +12 Logic enhancive, it's going to cost you a lot more than it being two +6 enhancives. If there is a level restriction on that enhancive, it's also going to be increased quite a bit. Some people could easily make level 90 enhancives here.

But we have the balance of having hard caps for enhancives. With fusion, people are achieving close to those caps with great orbs.

~Wyrom, APM

Prev_page Previous 1