Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/10/2014 04:36 PM CST
$29.99 in the box office! All times are Eastern.

Prime runs -

11/25 - 7pm
11/30 - 4pm
12/7 - 11am

Plat run -

11/23 - 10am

~GM Liia
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/10/2014 05:48 PM CST
That's 7am Pacific Time for Plat? Why? (she asks whiningly)

~Lyradie
>With a startled yelp, a young elven child suddenly tumbles from somewhere above you, landing gracelessly in a pile of refuse!
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/10/2014 10:26 PM CST
Yeah, I was a little disappointed with that time myself. Oh well.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/11/2014 12:35 AM CST
I don't think the three enhancive services alone are enough for me to bite, though I'm curious about the pin and the shopping.

Can you spill the beans at all on what scrolls will be available?

For the pin... am I right in saying that it sort of "converts" enhancive jewelry to pinworn? Like what's inside gives its enhancive power with the pin is worn? But you can take it back out of the pin whenever you like?
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/11/2014 12:39 AM CST
From how it's been described the items don't go into the pin, the pin's magic hides them from visibility (they are still worn in their normal slots).

The pin also does not need to be worn to hide the non-scripted, worn (non weapon), enhancive items from your inventory.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/11/2014 12:40 AM CST
Adding in non-container enhancives are excluded from the Pin's Powa, as well.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/11/2014 12:41 AM CST
Sorry, saw the discussion in the other thread. I think I'll pass; have fun everyone.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/11/2014 07:28 AM CST
>>Yeah, I was a little disappointed with that time myself. Oh well.

This will not be the only time ever. The posted times are what we're doing for November/December.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 07:42 AM CST
>>Can you spill the beans at all on what scrolls will be available?

I suuppppooose. Note that scrolls sold in shops of this nature will not contain spells not usually sold in shops of this nature. Does that make sense?

G>read chart
In the Common language, it reads:
The items in the cabinet are available for portable spell reference as listed below:

Parchment - Ten (10) charges each of Natural Colors, Resist Elements, Undisease, Unpoison.
Papyrus - Ten (10) charges each of Elemental Defense I, Elemental Defense II, Thurfel's Ward, Strength
Scroll - Ten (10) charges each of Spirit Warding I, Spirit Warding II, Spirit Defense, Spirit Shield.
Vellum - Ten (10) charges each of Mantle of Faith, Consecrate, Rejuvenation. Five (5) charges of Mystic Focus.

>>For the pin... am I right in saying that it sort of "converts" enhancive jewelry to pinworn? Like what's inside gives its enhancive power with the pin is worn? But you can take it back out of the pin whenever you like?

See below.

>>From how it's been described the items don't go into the pin, the pin's magic hides them from visibility (they are still worn in their normal slots).

This is correct.

>>I think we all agree people don't take off 40 enhancives to look pretty but rather to prolong their charges.

Well, not all.

>>As far as the three services are concerned can we get three of the same service? Can we get all three services on the same item? Are there any restrictions of that nature?

You get 3 of the above services. You can use them all on one or across up to three items.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 10:50 AM CST
Do spell knowledge enhancives apply for this event?

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 11:08 AM CST
>>Do spell knowledge enhancives apply for this event?

Absolutely.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 11:39 AM CST
I did notice that it looks like each account can only sign up for one run, if there are runs next year will that be reset or will it be one per account for all future runs as well?
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 11:46 AM CST
It should be unlimited. I'll check into that. You can only physically sign up to one run once. But we've been allowing multiple runs during the event itself.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 01:02 PM CST
Noted, and yes I just re-checked, signing up for a second run gives a "more than maximum times allowed" message, while signing up for the same run twice gives the "you are already on this run" message

Not even sure if I'm going multiple times, but wanted more to confirm for the next batch.

Thanks!
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 04:58 PM CST

how about a service to reduce the cost of charging without removing anything?
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/11/2014 05:12 PM CST
>>how about a service to reduce the cost of charging without removing anything?

That would be a system rewrite, not a service. You can get things recharged at this event, though, per the synopsis of services offered.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/13/2014 07:14 AM CST

This looks great, will there be any chance we can get a full unlock service. I'd pay to get my jewelry box unlocked.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Tickets On Sale Now! 11/13/2014 07:30 AM CST
>>This looks great, will there be any chance we can get a full unlock service.

Nope.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/13/2014 08:17 PM CST
Could I have the "It provides a penalty of -1 to Aura Bonus." removed from the item below or would this be considered a restriction? Thx

a burnished steel skullcap etched with broad parallel lines

It provides a bonus of 5 to Spell Aiming Bonus.
It provides a penalty of -1 to Aura Bonus.
This enhancive item may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 40 times.
The skullcap looks to have a huge number of charges remaining.

You could wear the skullcap on your head.
It has been mainly crafted out of steel.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/21/2014 01:42 PM CST
<< You can only physically sign up to one run once. >> ~Wyrom, APM (from post 83)

Why? If this is primarily not a roleplaying event, then why not allow players to pay double and get 6 services in 4 hours on 1 day, instead of paying double to get 6 services in 8 hours on 2 days?
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/21/2014 03:13 PM CST

To avoid the fiasco that RtCF caused in signing up, perhaps?

Or more likely, to limit the amount of services provided overall.

~The red-robed summoner steps forward, bows respectfully, then steps back. His hood falls back slightly and his dark sea blue eyes stare out from the shadows. He grins wickedly, then steps into the shadows.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/21/2014 05:25 PM CST
>>Why? If this is primarily not a roleplaying event, then why not allow players to pay double and get 6 services in 4 hours on 1 day, instead of paying double to get 6 services in 8 hours on 2 days?

I would imagine that by putting the "soft cap" on it, it makes the number of potential services they have to get through more manageable. If, let's say, 50 people sign up... and then 30 of those sign up twice and 10 of them sign up three times, suddenly that's 100 services (versus 50) that have to be handled within a four hour period.

I'd guess it would much better/easier for them to roll out more dates later, depending on how it goes, than to have to deal with that potential high-pressure nightmare.

"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Poindexter
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/21/2014 05:51 PM CST
<< To avoid the fiasco that RtCF caused in signing up, perhaps? >>

RTCF sold out in less than 1 minute. There are still many tickets available for all three nights of this event, nearly two weeks after tickets for this event went on sale.

<< Or more likely, to limit the amount of services provided overall. >>

More runs are planned. See post 74.

<< I would imagine that by putting the "soft cap" on it, it makes the number of potential services they have to get through more manageable. If, let's say, 50 people sign up... and then 30 of those sign up twice and 10 of them sign up three times, suddenly that's 100 services (versus 50) that have to be handled within a four hour period. >>

If you buy two tickets for the same night, then that takes two of the 50 slots. It would actually make things go quicker for both the GMs and the players. I imagine a player who bought two tickets for the same night would sacrifice the ability to get two of the pins, in exchange for saving four hours of personal time.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/21/2014 07:40 PM CST
It's just a box office limitation. We've allowed people to run multiple times to a single event, as long as it didn't sell out.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/21/2014 08:13 PM CST
If, on the day of the event, there are tickets left, we have a means to allow someone to purchase a second "ticket." No worries there.

~GM Liia
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/22/2014 05:03 AM CST
Who would I contact on the day of to obtain an additional ticket? I didnt know such a thing was possible
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/22/2014 10:40 AM CST
<If, on the day of the event, there are tickets left, we have a means to allow someone to purchase a second "ticket." No worries there.>

Patience, grasshopper.
Re: Sylinar's Spire Questions 11/22/2014 08:20 PM CST
If you have a ticket already and want another one, just whisper it to Sylinar. If the box office is closed but Sylinar is still working, you can REPORT and we'll let you know what to do.

~GM Liia