Prev_page Previous 1
Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 08:58 PM CST

I'm very excited to announce a new pay "quest" of sorts! Tickets are not yet on sale, but expect to see an announcement about that soon. The first run dates are tentatively planned for this very month!

What is this new event, you ask? Keep reading!

Somewhere in the northern Dragonspine, there existed a school for the advanced teaching of alchemy, prestidigitation, and thaumaturgy. Young wizards traveled from across the lands to study and practice with the greatest magical masters. Rare ingredients were shared, incantations were whispered around warm fires, and apprentices, in time, became masters themselves. But over the years, the halls grew silent. The students no longer came. The old masters moved on, or retired to the cold stone towers. Eventually, even the name of the school itself was lost to antiquity…

Except for Sylinar, professor and librarian. Sylinar, whose home has been the tower that bears his name since a time few can recall. The venerable professor and cataloger of the magical annals has descended the spiraling stairs of the Spire, eager to raise funds in the hope of restoring the institution to its former greatness. Sylinar will open his doors to a small number of curious adventurers, offering a glimpse of his home and a taste of his magical skill.

Up to 50 adventurers can sign up for each of Sylinar’s four-hour tours. There is a three service limit for each account. Offered services are adding up to ten (10) charges to recharge an enhancive item, adding ten (10) charges or 10% of maximum charge capacity (whichever is greater) to an enhancive item, making a crumbly enhancive item permanent (will not crumble after last charge is used), or removing a single enhancive property from an item.

There will be a few shops to peruse, including items such as enhancive edibles, basic clothing, climate wear, scrolls, and scroll tubes.

Finally, every visitor will receive a special item free of charge: a stylized golden griffin pin. This item will hide any worn, non-container, non-combat gear, non-scripted enhancive item, as well as being able to indicate if a held item is enhancive.

~GM Liia, really excited. Seriously.
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 09:42 PM CST
Wow!

Interesting quest.

any sneak peeks of the items that are being sold? =P

Zakken
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 09:43 PM CST
>Offered services are adding up to ten (10) charges to recharge an enhancive item, adding ten (10) charges or 10% of maximum charge capacity (whichever is greater) to an enhancive item

Wait..are these the same thing? Or are you saying he can add up to 10 charges to the maximum charges that item will hold?
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 09:45 PM CST
One is recharging, like the Adv. Guild. One is offering max capacity increase.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 09:50 PM CST
awesome.

Now to do research to try and find out exactly what max charges are, and how to determine how many charges my gauntlets have.
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 10:35 PM CST

a) Consider me signed up

b) Just in case it were possible, I think there would be considerable appetite for the "enhancive changing" service that was offered at one of the CCFs… lore for lore, stat for stat, etc.

c) Is there a storyline involved, any puzzles, or is it mostly shopping and merchant service?

Looking forward to this… I especially appreciate the magical focus to it.

-E
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 10:44 PM CST
It's going to play out like the Albatross runs. So Services/Shopping. We have a special item this time, which I think people are going to really like.

But there is already a pretty rich lore surrounding this place. When we started talking about the idea, GM Liia sprang into action and really brought the idea to life. We'd spring ideas off each other, and well, I think you guys will dig it. No that's not a pun. No digging.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/08/2014 11:16 PM CST
>>This item will hide any worn, non-container, non-combat gear, non-scripted enhancive item, as well as being able to indicate if a held item is enhancive.

Is that pin only going to cover one item of ours? Or will wearing it hide all of the worn, non-container, non-combat gear, non-scripted enhancive items we have on?
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 12:29 AM CST
All of 'em.

___
SGM of 3P and P3
Platinum, Premium, Promotions, and
Magical Night Clubs
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 12:44 AM CST
Ohhhh!! Now they can be as ugly as they wanna be!
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 12:47 AM CST

>>All of 'em.

It's… so beautiful. They should have sent a poet.

-E
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 12:56 AM CST
>All of 'em.

This is a dream. Someone pinch me.

~Lyradie swoons.
>With a startled yelp, a young elven child suddenly tumbles from somewhere above you, landing gracelessly in a pile of refuse!
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 01:02 AM CST
>All of 'em
Swooning here thank you I can get rid of my wall of text!

~Shi'larra
One bold fella breaks from the chain and climbs up on Brinret's chest, grabbing a hold of the tufts of hair on both sides of his head and holding him still! A fat, wet kiss is placed before the monkey disappears
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 01:23 AM CST

are they attuned to the attendee?
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 02:28 AM CST
I finally get to go to Hogwarts!

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 08:45 AM CST
>>I finally get to go to Hogwarts!

Nuh uh! Winterhold!

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/09/2014 04:30 PM CST
You know, if you've got the aptitude...

Ixix
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/10/2014 09:05 AM CST
"Sylinar’s four-hour tours. There is a three service limit for each account." -- Liia, emphases mine

But... but... But shouldn't that be a three hour tour, and four services?

I mean, doing it this way it just doesn't scan right, you know?!?
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/10/2014 09:08 AM CST
"Sylinar’s four-hour tours. There is a three service limit for each account." -- Liia, emphases mine
But... but... But shouldn't that be a three hour tour, and four services?
I mean, doing it this way it just doesn't scan right, you know?!?

Listen Gilligan that's enough out of you. You'll take your four hour tour and like it! ;)

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/10/2014 01:22 PM CST
Keith is correct. If I made it a three hour tour, you'd be stuck there forever and all services would involve coconuts.

~GM Liia
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/10/2014 09:57 PM CST
>>Up to 50 adventurers can sign up for each of Sylinar’s four-hour tours. There is a three service limit for each account. Offered services are adding up to ten (10) charges to recharge an enhancive item, adding ten (10) charges or 10% of maximum charge capacity (whichever is greater) to an enhancive item, making a crumbly enhancive item permanent (will not crumble after last charge is used), or removing a single enhancive property from an item.

A couple questions popped into my head. 1) Can we use these services on the attuned enhancives from stuff like Night at the Academy? 2) Is it a limit of 3 services per account per run, or per lifetime?
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 02:30 AM CST
As far as the three services are concerned can we get three of the same service? Can we get all three services on the same item? Are there any restrictions of that nature?
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 07:30 AM CST
>>A couple questions popped into my head. 1) Can we use these services on the attuned enhancives from stuff like Night at the Academy? 2) Is it a limit of 3 services per account per run, or per lifetime?

1. I'd have to see the stuff to answer that.

2. Per run (per ticket).

~GM Liia
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 02:58 PM CST
>>>A couple questions popped into my head. 1) Can we use these services on the attuned enhancives from stuff like Night at the Academy? 2) Is it a limit of 3 services per account per run, or per lifetime?

>1. I'd have to see the stuff to answer that.

Let's take this one for example. It comes from the Night at the Academy quest's prize table for finishing the quest successfully.
a pair of scuffed leather boots
The boots resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 20 to Stalking and Hiding Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 20 to Survival Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 10 to Agility Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 15 to Stamina Recovery.
This item is restricted to use by XXXXXXXXXXXX.
The boots looks to have quite a few charges remaining.

You sense that the scuffed leather boots will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 03:24 PM CST
Those aren't restricted to be recharged because they are attuned. They are flagged not to be recharged. So those wouldn't be eligible for recharging. The rest of the services offered really wouldn't be appealing to those.

Hopefully that answers your question.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 05:38 PM CST
>Those aren't restricted to be recharged because they are attuned. They are flagged not to be recharged. So those wouldn't be eligible for recharging. The rest of the services offered really wouldn't be appealing to those.

>Hopefully that answers your question.

It does, thank you. Probably just as cost effective to run NatA anyway, I forget how many charges they come with from that.
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 06:40 PM CST
Any chance you can add enhansive swapping to the list of services?
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 07:35 PM CST

>>Any chance you can add enhansive swapping to the list of services?<<

I know with things like this, everything is already approved and ready to go, buuuuuuuut just in case, please to this. Would be awesome.

-E
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 07:44 PM CST

I second the motion
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 08:01 PM CST
>I forget how many charges they come with from that.

The attuned, non-rechargeable enhancives from Night at the Academy, Return to Black Swan Castle, and Troubled Waters all have ten charges.

~Vanah
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 10:44 PM CST
>>Any chance you can add enhansive swapping to the list of services?<<

>I know with things like this, everything is already approved and ready to go, buuuuuuuut just in case, please to this. Would be awesome.

Thirded, or fourthed. This came up in the EG folder, but if it was offered, I completely missed it and wouldn't mind another chance to change a mistake I made years ago on one of my items.

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/11/2014 10:47 PM CST
Explain, in detail, what you guys would expect from a swapping service. I know other GMs have offered it. I know what they offered. So even if it's repeating what is known, let us know.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 12:12 AM CST
I'm fine with even the same terms offered at RtCF unless someone has a better idea.

So weapon swap to any other weapon enhancement, STR to WIS or vice versa, etc
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 02:37 AM CST
>>Explain, in detail, what you guys would expect from a swapping service. I know other GMs have offered it. I know what they offered. So even if it's repeating what is known, let us know.<<

Ok, I wrote a long post based on my memory, then just found the exact service. It was offered by Aulis at RtCF, in 2013. It was considered "minor" compared to the "major" services.

Number of slots: 20
Merchant: Sauli
Method of choosing: Spinning
Cost: TBD, likely depends on the item
Eligibility: TBD
Restrictions and notes: Existing restrictions on items will remain. Spell knowledge enhancives cannot be swapped for another spell. Skill rank enhancives cannot be swapped for skill bonus. Enhancive traits may be swapped in the following format:
Strength to Wisdom (one to another)
Constitution, Dexterity, Agility, or Discipline (any one to another)
Logic, Intution, or Influence (any one to another)
Any weapons skill to another, except TWC
Magic Item Use to Arcane Symbols (one to another)
Mana controls - elemental, spiritual, mental (one to another)

I think it would be awesome to throw this in as one of the three things you could use, and would fit the theme of the event.

-E
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 03:00 AM CST
The way I see it, right now this event really only offers two services (permanence and stripping) that arguably justify the cost for most people. The charging and max charge increasing services are only worth the price on extremely unusual items. If you throw swapping into the mix you're looking at a significantly more desirable event.

A repeat of the RtCF guidelines would be great and presumably easiest to implement on a short timeline as it already passed management review.

If you wanted to slightly improve upon the RtCF guidelines you should consider adding Aura to the Strength and Wisdom category, as it is currently the only statistic outside the guidelines, and offering the ability to swap between ranks and bonus on the same skill.

If you really wanted to significantly expand on the RtCF guidelines it seems like there's room to add one or more new categories for skills. Desirable skills such as CM, Shield Use, and Dodging (to name a few) are outside the RtCF swapping scheme as I understand it. However, I recognize that there are balance issues with respect to these skills. Perhaps CM could be added to the weapon skills category and a new category could be added for Dodging, Ambush, Stalking and Hiding, TWC, and Shield Use. Another idea would be swapping between health, mana, and stamina, both for max bonuses and recovery bonuses. I'm just spit-balling here and I get the feeling that these changes would take more fine tuning and management review than the current schedule would permit

Considering the time constraints I strongly recommend RtCF guidelines as a sure fire way of increasing ticket sales. Any other improvements you can make would be gravy.
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 03:18 AM CST
Oh, also switching between lores. I thought that was already part of the RtCF guidelines, but the other post didn't include it so now I'm unsure.
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 04:38 AM CST
Definitely would like to see swapping between lores. They're like like weapon skills to a pure!
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 08:38 AM CST
>>Explain, in detail, what you guys would expect from a swapping service. I know other GMs have offered it. I know what they offered. So even if it's repeating what is known, let us know.<<

EULOGIA posted the chart that I was referring to, that had come up for discussion in the EG folder at some point.

Specifically, I have an enhancive belt made with premium points that I made mistakes on the stats boosted. Then, I have an armor with a TWC bonus and a Hurling bonus, and since these two systems do not play well together, the armor is summarily useless. I wouldn't mind switching that weapon skill to OHE (since it appears the TWC is untouchable).

While we're talking about these things - would you consider a service where you trade/convert Enhancive STAT for/to Enhancive BONUS? A +13 OHB Stat for a +6 OHB Bonus, for instance.

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 09:54 AM CST
I want to move bonuses from one item to another. Not for this event but at some point it would be nice. I have a lovely item that was made for a mage to use, EMC, earth lore, Spell Aiming, MIU but they put it on a staff. A quarterstaff....on a runestaff it would rock. On a quarterstaff it's like what the heck?!!! That's like putting OHE bonus a blunt weapon....

Velvette
Re: Coming Soon: Sylinar's Spire 11/12/2014 10:38 AM CST
One of my favorite items is one of the original EG brawling vambrace enhancives that was altered at the original Winterfest. It was original +6 Brawling and +8 Dex, required a high amount of brawling skill. It is now +6 RANGED and +8 dex and requires a high amount of ranged skill. I also have a pair of the +3 Dex/Agi bracers that were giantman only changed to half-krol only. Those types of swaps are awesome.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Prev_page Previous 1