What did you get?! 03/01/2015 01:09 AM CST
Mostly I'm curious to know what other people chose and why. For example, I saw at least two people get the spell prep messaging for Darkness --- which I don't think I would have anticipated but was a very interesting choice for RP.

Here's my list:

140 only
1st Person: As you begin constructing the mana forms of the Wall of Force, ethereal bricks begin to assemble around you...
3rd Person: A wall of ethereal bricks begins to form around <Caster>, partially obscuring his/her form.
HIDDEN: A circular wall of ethereal bricks begins to form...

704 only
1st Person: Parts of your arms and hands fade to various levels of transparency as you prepare the Phase spell...
3rd Person: Parts of <Caster's> arms and hands fade to various levels of transparency as he/she utters a short, commanding spell...

41. Story Window Arrival: Tamuz arrives, surrounded by the faint scent of winterberry.
Story Window Departure: Tamuz wanders off, muttering about one-eared rabbits.
Dialog Window Arrival: * Tamuz has arrived, munching the last bite of a big pickle!
Dialog Window Departure: * Tamuz grabs a crystal amulet and heads off, looking for a boot.

Phase had to be an obvious choice for Kaldonis; in fact, I was probably the only one that had to use the spell I was getting a custom spell prep for to get the prep, in the sense of the RP with the potion. (He was too encumbered to accept the potion without phasing something.)

Wall of Force I've always been a huge fan of; as a sorcerer I learned it around level 44, which is really unusual I think. I advocate it not only as the best defensive spell, but one of the all around best utility spells, too.

The custom login/out messaging for River's Rest probably goes without saying.

Of course, it goes without saying that I really thought the messaging for these options were also great, not just what 'mechanical' spells I might like.

And there are some things I'd like to go back for as well (and also I'm still looking forward to even more additions and releases).

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: What did you get?! 03/01/2015 03:25 AM CST

Solid purchases, I really like those spell preps. I missed that 140 one on my initial read of the list so thanks for bringing it up ;)
Re: What did you get?! 03/01/2015 09:34 AM CST
I had much more time to RP in Plat yesterday. Sig verbs are the most involved to set up, so I was really trying to make sure I got through everyone in the time. But telling Hadya she belonged on the stage (and having her go) was a highlight.

~GM Liia
Team 3P/T&C ASGM, Events Manager

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: What did you get?! 03/01/2015 11:24 AM CST
Cheese and soft bread.

But seriously, this is cool.

I picked up a couple of singular spell prep variations for my cleric, and one circle-wide one for my sorcerer.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: What did you get?! 03/01/2015 02:18 PM CST
>Mostly I'm curious to know what other people chose and why.

I got the spell preps for Mana Disruption and Balefire because I use both spells frequently and liked the length of them. It wears out my eyes to see "You put a twisted mesille runestaff capped with a faceted blood-red ruby and incised with sinuous patterns that spell out 'Boomstick' when seen from just the right angle into your back-sheath" or whatever every time I put my weapon up. (It's yet another reason I love my simple but elegant clockwork staff.) Longer spell preps are fine if they're occasional, but if I give everything I do a long spell prep, I'm afraid I'll get tired of all that text just as I would with a gussied-up weapon.

Also, the Balefire one seems as though it'll have some interesting RP potential even when I'm not intending to cast it.

As for verbs, I got the POSE one that lets you put your hands on your hips. I literally wrote down the names of a bunch of verbs I was considering on a notepad, closed my eyes and poked at the pad with a pen to decide which one I'd get because there were so many I liked, I couldn't decide any other way. That's going to be my plan for the next round too -- and yes, there will absolutely be a next round for me!
Re: What did you get?! 03/02/2015 04:08 AM CST
<<But telling Hadya she belonged on the stage (and having her go) was a highlight.

I aim to please.

You abruptly say, "I'd rather be eaten by a vathor than deal with a cuddly gnome."
Speaking knowingly to you, Rozy exclaims, "Am bet are good at snuggles, and cuddles and smoochifications!"
AIM: LadyViridian
Re: What did you get?! 03/02/2015 05:06 AM CST
>I missed that 140 one on my initial read of the list so thanks for bringing it up ;)

Yeah! I don't think I ever had a good visualization for Wall of Force before this.

>Also, the Balefire one seems as though it'll have some interesting RP potential even when I'm not intending to cast it.

I had considered Balefire for this reason alone, as well as its relation to Demonology.

>I literally wrote down the names of a bunch of verbs I was considering on a notepad, closed my eyes and poked at the pad with a pen to decide which one I'd get because there were so many I liked, I couldn't decide any other way.

This is a great compliment to the GMs.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes