Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/23/2015 11:03 PM CST
Our story thus far...

Somewhere in the northern Dragonspine, there existed a school for the advanced teaching of alchemy, prestidigitation, and thaumaturgy. Young wizards traveled from across the lands to study and practice with the greatest magical masters. Rare ingredients were shared, incantations were whispered around warm fires, and apprentices, in time, became masters themselves. But over the years, the halls grew silent. The students no longer came. The old masters moved on, or retired to the cold stone towers.

Until Sylinar, venerable professor and librarian, made it his mission to restore the college to its former greatness. The old elf opened his doors, eager to raise enough capital to fund his dream. Visitors came for services, souvenirs, shopping, and exploration. They befriended the old man and wondered over his "pet" griffin, Sebastian. They puzzled at Sylinar's odd remarks and the often strange and unexplained details they noticed within the tower. During the last visit, Sylinar hinted that he had work to do, and would not be available for months to come.

And now, the reason is revealed...

Master Sylinar is thrilled to unveil the most recent renovations to the long forgotten Summit Academy! Several faculty members will be offering their services to a limited number of adventurers at the Summit Expression Faire. Your ticket will grant you access to explore the open grounds, meet some of the faculty, and obtain 3 of the following services:

*Premade swears
*Premade specialty logon and logoff messaging
*Premade signature verbs
*Premade spell prep messages (available for single spells, entire spell circles, or all spell casting)

Choose from a lengthy list of choices, already reviewed and approved. The faculty will teach you your lessons during your visit!

Sylinar's Spire will also be open (including his shops), although the professor will not be offering his services at this event. The Archives (containing the enhancive hiding griffin pins) will not be accessible during the Summit Expression Faire.

Dates and ticket information will be announced soon!

~GM Liia
Team 3P ASGM, Events Manager

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 04:32 AM CST
I love how there's been a growing number of premade verbs, preps, and all that being offered in the past year or so. They really help to bring some extra definition to the characters. Looking forward to seeing the list of what all is available!
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 08:09 AM CST

*Premade swears
*Premade specialty logon and logoff messaging
*Premade signature verbs
*Premade spell prep messages (available for single spells, entire spell circles, or all spell casting)

Will class restrictions be removed for spell prep messaging for this event?

- This space is left blank intentionally. -
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 12:30 PM CST

about custom spell preps:

if you get one of these premade ones, then sometime in the future you get another custom one where you can make your own, or even another premade one, can you switch between them? or when you get a new one are the old ones lost forever?
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 12:34 PM CST
You can have like... 20? (guessing at the exact number) spell preps and have the ability to order them or turn them off. So if you have two custom spell preps for the same spell school you can choose which one to use. Basically the first one in the ordering which applies for the spell being cast will be used.

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 12:35 PM CST

I recall...Tamuz I think it was commenting on the order of priority of spell preps and toggling. I think this came up with the Troubled Waters as a few of the prizes are spell specific and folks were asking how it interacted with their custom spell circle preps.
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 12:44 PM CST

>You can have like... 20? (guessing at the exact number) spell preps and have the ability to order them or turn them off.

awesome. what is the command to toggle? have a log?
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 12:44 PM CST
Here are the relevant commands:

>PREP PHRASES
You know the following phrases:

1. A dark crimson radiance coalesces around your raised fists as you chant the invocation for [Spell Name] spell... (Restricted to Paladin Base spells.)

Use prep phrases off to turn off your special messaging.
See PREP PHRASES HELP for more info.

>PREP PHRASES HELP
When preparing a spell, you can do so in the standard fashion that any other Paladin would. You also have the choice to use your own knowledge of spell preparation to do things a little differently. Some special preparations only work for a specific spell; others will work for an entire circle of spells. Rarely, a method may be devised that will work for all spells.

You will attempt to prepare spells in the order of phrases shown in PREP PHRASES. If a preparation method is not valid for the spell or spell circle you are using, it will move down the list until it finds a valid one, or defaults to regular preparation.

Use PREP PHRASES <number> <new slot> to swap your order of preparations.

-- Robert

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 01:30 PM CST

Is your phrase pre-made or designed by you?
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 01:40 PM CST

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Custom_spell_prep
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 03:04 PM CST
>>Is your phrase pre-made or designed by you?

As explained in the description, everything is premade and pre-QCd. Delayed services are really involved and time consuming, requiring QC after the fact, and are not appropriate for this venue. The list will be extensive, though.

~GM Liia

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 03:09 PM CST

I absolutey love this idea.

Thank you. Looking forward to it. Let's have more teasers!

Christine
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 03:15 PM CST

Personally, I'd love a unique prep for every one of my wizard's bolt spells. I could imagine writing 5 versions of each... even if such things were all pre-written, you could have enough options that they'd really feel special for the person who picked theirs.

Building up a big sphere of flame in your hand for Major Fire... a chill in the air as icy particles converge on your open palm for Major Cold... etc.

Looking forward to seeing what's what!

-E
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 03:26 PM CST

>As explained in the description, everything is premade and pre-QCd. Delayed services are really involved and time consuming, requiring QC after the fact, and are not appropriate for this venue. The list will be extensive, though.

sorry Liia, the question was specific to Robert for his example so I could notate it on the log.
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 04:53 PM CST
I won a custom spell prep at EG last year and that is what I came up with.

-- Robert

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 06:44 PM CST
Someone's going to need to log this for me!

Wee Sleepy Gnomette

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/24/2015 11:22 PM CST
>>Thank you. Looking forward to it. Let's have more teasers!

There will be snowballs.

~GM Liia

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/25/2015 07:06 PM CST
Will any of the signature verbs offered be ones that were previously available via other events (EG, the Premium festival, Roxe's list)? Thanks.
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/25/2015 08:17 PM CST

Any chance there will be a list of all available options when this event is released?
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/26/2015 05:04 PM CST
Information about prep phrases was also listed here:
https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Troubled_Waters_prize_list_archive#Salt-stained_parchment

You can have up to 10. You can change the order they trigger.

Basically, suppose you had one for MnS, and one for let's say Web. You can change their order in the list, so that the one for Web is preferred over the one for MnS. You only run into trouble if you get ones that affect the same thing (let's say, two for MnS base). Then, to see both, you need to toggle between them.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/26/2015 09:11 PM CST
The list is still in creation mode. There is a possibility of reviving some old premades, but it's not 100% yet. When we have more info, we'll let you all know.

~GM Liia

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/27/2015 08:12 AM CST
It's also not too late to suggest (or create) Spell Preps, Signature Verbs, Swears, or Logon / Logoff phrases. They might not be there for the first batch, but hopefully the second! If you've got something (and don't mind it going to potentially multiple people), let me know!

___
SGM of 3P and P3
Platinum, Premium, Promotions, and
Magical Night Clubs
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/27/2015 09:34 AM CST

I will ask this a different way, as my previous inquiry got no response.

Will there be any class restrictions for spell prep messaging for this event?

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/27/2015 11:42 AM CST
>>Will there be any class restrictions for spell prep messaging for this event?

That's not how spell preps work. Spell preps can either be for an entire circle, your entire spell list, or for a single spell. Nothing is locked out to a specific profession by default.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/27/2015 01:25 PM CST

>>That's not how spell preps work. Spell preps can either be for an entire circle, your entire spell list, or for a single spell. Nothing is locked out to a specific profession by default.

The question was asked because raffle wins at paid events historically have excluded squares.

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/27/2015 10:09 PM CST
I have been doing spell preps for the last few EG's, FoL, and RTCF and I never restricted anyone. As long as you can cast a spell you were included!

I am not running this event, but I am fairly sure as long as you can cast the spell/circle/something you are golden.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Sylvans
Half Elves
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/27/2015 10:15 PM CST
Yes, as long as you have access to the circle, you can have a spell prep. Of course, if you can't cast that spell, it won't do you much good at that time!

~GM Liia

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/29/2015 10:55 AM CST
>>The question was asked because raffle wins at paid events historically have excluded squares.

The only time in recent history I can think of is the Wavedancer. But yeah. No restrictions like that.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/30/2015 08:56 AM CST
The only time in recent history I can think of is the Wavedancer. But yeah. No restrictions like that.

~Wyrom, APM

Only in Gemstone IV and history class would something as long ago as the last Wavedancer run be considered "recent history" by anyone.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/30/2015 09:50 AM CST
Be nice, Brinret, or I'll sink that thing again.

~GM Liia

Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/30/2015 10:31 AM CST
> or I'll sink that thing again.

I don't understand how this is a threat?

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings, likes sinking things

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/30/2015 10:33 AM CST
As long as she isn't sinking my barge we're fine.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/30/2015 10:39 AM CST
<As long as she isn't sinking my barge we're fine.

But I can sink it, right? RIGHT?!

~~GM Kynlee~~
Private Property Guru
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
Re: Announcing the Summit Expression Faire 01/30/2015 04:05 PM CST
For Sale or Trade: 1 underwater workshop.

Slightly used.

Mild water damage.

___
SGM of 3P and P3
Platinum, Premium, Promotions, and
Magical Night Clubs