Summit Expression Faire 01/23/2015 10:32 PM CST
Welcome new topic! News about the topic to come soon!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Summit Expression Faire 01/23/2015 10:47 PM CST
What ever could this be!

___
SGM of 3P and P3
Platinum, Premium, Promotions, and
Magical Night Clubs
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 06:39 PM CST
This was a fantastic event -- love the new grounds and the plethora of options to choose from!

I had a blast for sure, and am already looking forward to the next one! :)

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 06:45 PM CST
Thanks to everyone who came! Things moved very quickly, and I think we didn't get to RP as much as we'd like to have. I have some ideas on how to handle that in the future, but we'll see. We're looking at our schedules for the next run! Swears will be added, hopefully this next time, as well!

Thanks to GMs Tamuz and Haliste for their amazing efforts today (as always). Also to GM Kaikala for her tireless QC efforts, and GM Vanah for all her behind the scenes code magic. And to APM Wyrom for letting me run wild with this Academy, which will continue to grow! Etc, etc!

And... did anyone even look at the desks in the dorm rooms?

~GM Liia, tickled.
Team 3P/T&C ASGM, Events Manager

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 06:51 PM CST
It was great fun indeed! I wish I had more time to spend at it RPing with you all and having fun. Sadly I was only able to pop in while taking breaks from fixing my plumbing. On the good side, that's all done now though.
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 06:52 PM CST
Thank you so much -- this was a blast! My only worry was that I could only get three services this time around. I will absolutely be signing up for the next run.

I'm ashamed to say I didn't look at the desks. I was too busy scrawling things on the chalkboards and trying to figure out which services I wanted first. I'll see them soon, I hope!

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 07:10 PM CST

Thrilled to have gotten a new verb and two preps, but I felt sort of rushed in the two hour time-frame. More than likely that was due to it taking a half- hour of the two hours to figure out how to get to the Laboratory. (Thanks Japhrimel!)

I didn't get a chance to actually look at any of the area closely, and was a little disappointed in that.

-- Christine
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 07:26 PM CST
Lots of fun. Glad I decided to return when I did, as these sorts of events are right up my alley. The choices I made further solidified my character's personality, and that's the coolest part of this game.

My only regret was I couldn't climb the tree. Climbing skill issue or a puzzle I didn't figure out? Anyway, great event and worth the $.
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 10:27 PM CST
Unfortunately, I was at my friend's birthday party last night, and the event was 7am Sunday morning for me. So I was very zombie-like and didn't explore the grounds too much or make much of an effort for RP etc.

Still had a lot of fun though!

I think the touch with handing a potion to each character for the spell preparations was a neat way to RP that particular release.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 10:31 PM CST
>>So I was very zombie-like

I'm offended.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Summit Expression Faire 02/28/2015 11:24 PM CST
Especially when I found out it was sugar-water. I'm not sure if that means there was a placebo effect involved or if it was the spoonful of sugar that helped the "medicine" go down, but I agree -- very fun!

Speaking of great roleplay, Splat the cat was utterly horrifying. Made me sad I didn't get an arrival/departure message.
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 12:30 AM CST
>Speaking of great roleplay, Splat the cat was utterly horrifying. Made me sad I didn't get an arrival/departure message.

There's always next time! Splat's not goin' anywhere. Heh.

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 01:01 AM CST
>Speaking of great roleplay, Splat the cat was utterly horrifying. Made me sad I didn't get an arrival/departure message.

Kaldonis has a dead rabbit, but I was too lazy to get it out and feign that the cat was giving threatening looks to my pet.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 05:32 PM CST

I really loved this event, short, fun and definitely worth it. I would ask though, maybe before the next one you hold a premium contest or something for cleric spell preps? It would be super cool, some awesome evil/dark messaging for some of the cleric spells would be fantastic.

Another thing that would be cool, is learning a language for silvers or something. (I know I keep pushing it.)

You abruptly say, "I'd rather be eaten by a vathor than deal with a cuddly gnome."
Speaking knowingly to you, Rozy exclaims, "Am bet are good at snuggles, and cuddles and smoochifications!"
AIM: LadyViridian
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 05:49 PM CST
I can't tell you how much I'd love my main PC to learn another language. I suspect if it ever happens, it will be a long and arduous process, haha!

We're still taking submissions for spell preps and everything else, by the way. Please feel free to email your ideas to me and Tamuz.

~GM Liia

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 05:58 PM CST
> maybe before the next one you hold a premium contest or something for cleric spell preps?

There's no need to wait and ask for a contest for any specific group! If you have an idea, you can always let any of us know. Post it here or send it privately!

~Vanah
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 06:54 PM CST
Ooo got one.

You adopt a mixed look of disgust and disbelief as you raise your hand up middle finger raised at <target>.
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 07:23 PM CST

>> But telling Hadya she belonged on the stage (and having her go) was a highlight.

You did this to multiple people then? Because I totally fell for that one, too. And, in doing so, had time to change my mind about what verbs I wanted. Happily done, too, as I love them

- Japhrimel
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 07:40 PM CST
The stage gesturing was spontaneous. When you went, Japhrimel, I said out loud, "OH GOD HE WENT!" and laughed myself silly. It was originally intended to be more of a, "You're fabulous! You should be in show business!" thing, but I ran with it and so did many!

~GM Liia

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/01/2015 08:09 PM CST
>>I really loved this event, short, fun and definitely worth it. I would ask though, maybe before the next one you hold a premium contest or something for cleric spell preps? It would be super cool, some awesome evil/dark messaging for some of the cleric spells would be fantastic.

We've been welcoming submissions for quite some time! Either email myself and Liia (GS4-Tamuz@play.net and GS4-Liia@play.net) or post them up here. They may be changed/tinkered with/etc. but we'll try to get them available for future runs of the Faire.

___
SGM of Premium, Promotions and Events
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 02:33 AM CST
Thanks guys, I will definitely send in ideas!

You abruptly say, "I'd rather be eaten by a vathor than deal with a cuddly gnome."
Speaking knowingly to you, Rozy exclaims, "Am bet are good at snuggles, and cuddles and smoochifications!"
AIM: LadyViridian
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 03:53 AM CST

I noticed two for wizard circle but none for the 500's. Since that's also an elemental circle could I get both and have one for 900s and one for 500s?
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 05:10 AM CST
You were hilarious.

The event was wonderful, easy and simple... MOAR RUNS PLEASE.

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 02:15 PM CST
I had a wonderful time and it was awesome. I just wish I wasn't confused and caught off guard so much since I misinterpreted how it was working since I had originally thought it was one spell prep for just one spell.. not that it would effect all of them so that caught me by surprise and it was certainly welcoming since then I got two more fun signature verbs :-)

Thank you again!

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 04:12 PM CST
We are planning another run in a few weeks (details still being ironed out)! We will be including SWEARS in the next run, as well, so there will be one more Academy staff person to meet!

~GM Liia

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 06:41 PM CST
Will the extra SWEAR MINEs Tamuz hintyhinted at be availbs for the next runski?

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 07:27 PM CST
>>Will the extra SWEAR MINEs Tamuz hintyhinted at be availbs for the next runski?

I hinted at nothing. I inquired if there would be interest in additional SWEARs per character. The response was overwhelmingly positive, so it's something I'll look at in the future as time allows.

___
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 07:56 PM CST
I'm not gonna do anything if you call it a "runski" again.

~GM Liia

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/02/2015 11:09 PM CST
>>Another thing that would be cool, is learning a language for silvers or something. (I know I keep pushing it.)

>I can't tell you how much I'd love my main PC to learn another language. I suspect if it ever happens, it will be a long and arduous process, haha!

I've taken a recent (specific) interest in this, as well. I've always really loved the idea of learning languages, ever since I started playing, but more for the curiosity of how it could work, or how languages could actually be coded and other things. I must have read too much Tolkien (if that's possible).

Still, I have to say, the biggest issue to learning languages, to my mind, was a coding process to allow it. An RP-based pay-event definitely seems like the place to toggle that boolean on our character database like a light switch, even if it doesn't necessarily make sense in the real world.

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/03/2015 06:43 AM CST
hehehe runski AND FAIR ENOUGH, Tamuz-sama.

-james, bristenn's player

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/09/2015 09:36 AM CDT

hmm, I would think

You evaded the bolt by a hare!
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/09/2015 12:48 PM CDT
When the next one of these rolls around where will it be announced? I would really like to attend and don't want to miss out!

--
Keatsr

the handmaiden of Nou the Maimend
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/09/2015 01:02 PM CDT
Likely in this folder, the Gemstone IV Announcements, & this Quests/Sagas/Events Announcements folder
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/09/2015 02:14 PM CDT
We're working on hammering out dates right now. Have to get 4 GM schedules lined up as they compete with kids, work, spring break, grad school applications, and other such nonsensical concerns :D

___
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/10/2015 04:57 AM CDT
>Have to get 4 GM schedules lined up as they compete with kids, work, spring break, grad school applications, and other such nonsensical concerns :D

I sense a lack of dedication here! Don't you people have any priorities?!

It was all ruined for me the day Wyrom said Kenstrom is not a golem chained up in his basement.

^_^

(I am obviously being very sarcastic, and always appreciate the hard work of GMs.)

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/10/2015 07:23 AM CDT
We're hoping to work in one more run before the Spitfire.

~GM Liia

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/12/2015 11:12 AM CDT

Any chance of having custom 'sense' verbs? unique to each person?

Every ranger for example looks like this I think

(name)scans his surroundings with the alertness of a seasoned scout.

signature sense

(name) insert custom awesomeness here
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/14/2015 09:23 AM CDT
If it's unique to someone, it would go under a custom verb, not the premade signature verbs available at this event.

You could do SENSE and have it be your own special flavor, and still use the regular sense that's available in game, yes.

>signature sense
You sniff the air, then wet the tip of your finger with your mouth and hold it up, feeling for the direction of the wind.

RangerGuy sniffs the air, then wets the tip of his finger with his mouth and holds it up, feeling for the direction of the wind.

As an example. But don't take that one, because I think I might just add it as a general option for the next run!

~GM Liia

Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/14/2015 12:11 PM CDT

Rangerguy (most being archers) bends down and pinches free a small handful of grass, raising his hand up and gently allows it to fall, closely observing wind direction and speed.
Re: Summit Expression Faire 03/14/2015 02:49 PM CDT
I like that visual! However, it wouldn't work in all areas (indoors, places w/o grass) so we can't use that here. Signature verbs cannot do checks or limitations on those things. Feel free to email me directly if you have other ideas, or keep posting!

~GM Liia