Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/21/2017 12:31 PM CST
Just a heads up that spell prep #250 (You speak quietly in flowing elven, preparing the [spell name] spell... ) does not currently allow Winedotter Gnomes to purchase it, even though it is advertised that they can.

Figured it might be a faster fix to post here rather than to bug it.
Re: Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/21/2017 02:38 PM CST
Wait. . .

So my Elf could 'bark out in clipped krolvin' a spell even without being able to speak Krolvin?

Sign me up!

Doug
Re: Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/21/2017 02:39 PM CST
>>Sign me up!

This has to happen.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/21/2017 03:36 PM CST
Think I probably missed the joke here, but winedotter gnomes can speak Elven.
Re: Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/21/2017 05:20 PM CST
>>Think I probably missed the joke here, but winedotter gnomes can speak Elven.

This is correct. When I initially designed that prep, I left notes that it be restricted to elves, half-elves, sylvans, dark elves, aelotoi, and Winedottir gnomes (basically everyone who mechanically speaks Elven coming out of the mangler). We didn't have anything to check/enforce that mechanically at the time, so the GM running the spell prep merchant at the initial Summit runs had to manually check. The dwarven phrase is likewise restricted to dwarves and Aledottir gnomes.

ASGM
Re: Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/21/2017 05:24 PM CST
Can you respond here or message me on Discord which character this is for? I'll take a look.

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
SGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
Re: Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/21/2017 06:37 PM CST
>>Think I probably missed the joke here

More a 'plea'. Fits in with the 'let us all learn other languages' movement through the decades, and the continued 'limitation' of the elf (gray elf of yore) only getting to speak elven, common and profession / guild.

I mean, somewhere some elf has to have said "you know what, I'm bored this millennium, I'm going to learn dwarven to further my research of the Deep Dark."

And, etc., etc., etc. Plus, I like the idea of the 'barking elf'. ;)

But, happy happy happy.

Doug
Re: Spell Prep - Winedotter Gnome 12/22/2017 07:56 AM CST
This has been fixed! It was also affecting the purchase of a subsequent spell prep for Aledotter gnomes (#251), but is now functioning appropriately for that one, as well.

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
SGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.