Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 09:26 AM CST
At last, the awaited update to SWEARS has finally arrived! I'd like to introduce you to the new 50-limit swear ability!

See SWEAR HELP or SWEAR MINE (with no arguments) to see the required syntax.

Those of you who had true custom swears (ie: designed specifically by you and/or a GM, OR one not issued at Summit Academy) will notice that it now has a name -- it's called "original". You can hit up the attendant in the Groundskeeper's Cottage and rename it to something you prefer. Or, you can retain the name "original" -- up to you. Any new swears you get will be named, and you can choose to rename them at Summit Academy as you see fit. Those who had previously purchased a swear from Summit Academy will see the appropriate name (rather than "original") and you, too, can rename it to something you would like. There's no charge for the rename service, though it's only available at Summit Academy. Stop by before 11:59PM EST tonight!

Swear away, and enjoy!

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 09:34 AM CST
Awesome addition! Thank you.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 09:44 AM CST
Great galloping Gosaenas!
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 10:03 AM CST
You are amazing! Thank you, Haliste!

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 10:15 AM CST
I skipped over the swears list because I already had a custom, not knowing there was such amazing gems in there! This was a very welcomed update!
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 11:00 AM CST
Amazing, thank you so much! These were all very well-written and some of the best offerings at the event, so I'm very happy to be able to get some now.
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 02:12 PM CST
Can there be a swear random option added? Just swearing by itself used to be a random pick.

Thank you!
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 02:26 PM CST
More custom swears = very cool. Thank you for this.

Couple questions:

-- The prior option of just typing SWEAR with no argument for a random swear (or SWEAR <TARGET>) seems to just pull up the SWEAR HELP menu now. Is this intentional?

-- I like that you kept the old no-custom-swear SWEAR MINE messaging, I have friends that use that regularly. It struck me as unfortunate that you lose that if you get a customization, and I know at least one person who won't get custom swear messaging because they use that regularly and would lose it. Can that get added if you get a custom swear, instead of entirely overridden? (Like, you get a custom, now you have two - NOTHING - PERSON pauses, a thoughtful expression on their face, and whatever you just got, for instance.)

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 03:31 PM CST
>>Can that get added if you get a custom swear, instead of entirely overridden? (Like, you get a custom, now you have two - NOTHING - PERSON pauses, a thoughtful expression on their face, and whatever you just got, for instance.)

Oh, please! +1!

~Issalya

You see High Inquisitor Brinret Ithillote the Executor of Vengeance.
She appears to be of elven descent.
He is very tall and appears to be full grown.
You whisper aloud, "I'm so confused right now."
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 04:26 PM CST
>The prior option of just typing SWEAR with no argument for a random swear...Is this intentional?

Nope! It should be working as before, now.

>It struck me as unfortunate that you lose that if you get a customization...

Totally understand. While this probably won't be fixed for this weekend, I will look into this. I like that messaging, as well. :)

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 07:39 PM CST
>>Can there be a swear random option added?

I suggested the same thing to Haliste earlier today, actually. She promised to investigate if we let her catch her breath.

~Liia

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my barbie-loving soul can reach... (even when you set me on fire)
~Issalya
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 08:54 PM CST
> I suggested the same thing to Haliste earlier today, actually. She promised to investigate if we let her catch her breath.

It got fixed it back to how it was before (swear by itself is random). So, thank you both!
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 11:22 PM CST
I should mention -- a big thank you to Wyrom and Retser for their help with this update. I was not working alone. :)

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 11:38 PM CST
Big thanks to Wyrom and Retser too, then. :) This was one of my favorite updates ever, and I made good use of the options!
Re: Swear Updates! 02/26/2017 11:58 PM CST
Basically, this weekend was GM Haliste, Retser and I swearing at each other. Between this and the vulgarity policy updates, it's been a real treat.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Swear Updates! 02/27/2017 12:09 AM CST
Haha. Well, it's very appreciated that you listened to player feedback for what people wanted from last time and made this happen. I didn't expect that it would get implemented by the second run, so I'm very impressed by the extra effort put forth to get it done so quickly. Thank you all again!

I now have a very appropriate new custom swear that seems like it was written for me! It's the little things that go a long way towards making things more fun and lighthearted.
Re: Swear Updates! 02/27/2017 02:30 AM CST
>>The prior option of just typing SWEAR with no argument for a random swear...Is this intentional? -Me

>Nope! It should be working as before, now. -H

Quick fix, thank you!

>>It struck me as unfortunate that you lose that if you get a customization... -Me

>Totally understand. While this probably won't be fixed for this weekend, I will look into this. I like that messaging, as well. :) -H

\o/ At your leisure, thank you for looking at this possibility. :D

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."