Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: "Unlocks" 11/27/2019 06:30 PM CST

I’m not going to buy anything with out full availability unlocks anymore. I got some clothing at EG and guess what, xrera doesn’t unlock it. Or I have to wait a year, pay 50 dollars for the small chance of an unlock. What a disappointment.
Re: "Unlocks" 11/28/2019 01:48 PM CST
As long as things keep moving in the direction of all the automated unlocks in the Jangling Junker, we'll be all set in my eyes with at least the EG items. Right now I just won't buy a tiered fluff item unless either I like the OTS version or I'm at least 90% sure I can get an unlock on it. To be fair, for me most of the items released these days fall into one of those categories... or at very least they do while the item is new. My concern is more over legacy items where the GM leaves and then nobody's unlocking anymore.

Ideally automated unlocks would come up at least twice a year, too, so it's not "Ebon Gate or bust." Maybe a wagon traveling from town to town every couple days for two weeks, like the mobile smithy.

(I mean... really ideally I'd want them in the Adventurer's Guild for bounty points year-round, but I'm trying to be at least somewhat realistic. :P)

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: "Unlocks" 11/28/2019 03:47 PM CST
>Ideally automated unlocks would come up at least twice a year, too, so it's not "Ebon Gate or bust." Maybe a wagon traveling from town to town every couple days for two weeks, like the mobile smithy.

I love this idea! Something like a mobile Junker that visits each town for a couple of days, with unlock certs for nearly everything (except maybe the super this-month new items)...

...And, then, maybe when the item-script is old enough (four years, or if the GM who made it leaves staff), the script moves from mobile Junker unlocks to the Adv. Guild junker-wall.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: "Unlocks" 11/29/2019 06:24 PM CST

<Added to that, while Xerria is wonderful for putting in all the time she does doing these unlocks, her schedule clashes
with a lot of us. I myself have only been able to make one of her sessions in the past year because I just happened to
have that day off.

Certificates would be most appreciated.>

Late to the party but this just adds to not seeing an item reach its potential and then they are no longer offered...

I would not mind seeing something like 3 months of continuous paid subscription gets you a certificate to unlock a range of items--probably not possible for current items but something incorporated to future items. Unless I have the day off (once I logged in from work on a slow day to catch this), I can never make the Day/Time.
Re: "Unlocks" 11/30/2019 05:23 PM CST
If I pay to win, I want to win. If its a free event, I don't mind taking my chances, But if I spend my cash, I better get something for my money. Deep sea diving was a really REALLY BIG let down. $500 should have got me something.
Certs are a pay to win item. Get a fluff or not so fluffy item and buy its upgrade. Say, Shock lances, they would be much better with certificate upgrades.
You can complain that it makes the game unbalanced, but I mean we have around 500-ish people who play Gemstone. The world map was created for 1000-2000 people. Those people that are new to the game are a small percentage. Unbalanced is the majority of the lands people are over level 50. If you don't give people incentive to have new shiney's at level cap to do heroic or amazing flashy things, why keep playing. Boredom makes people leave. Especially if once you cap you feel its a bored grind. People Pay to make their avatar awesome, Or in Trallihn's case, more gross. Let people make their dreams come alive, or not, that's your choice.
Re: "Unlocks" 12/03/2019 06:07 PM CST
100 percent behind this post. I would liken it to the oldest profession. the jackpot spin if you got picked(so if you were hoy,mag,war like always) that's like a high price call girl. Digging and games would be like a middle of the line girl while DSD was like the bottom of the line in a back alley, it maybe all right but the only thing you are going to get is not something you want.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page