Treasure Trove 2.0 08/03/2019 04:27 PM CDT
I am hoping that this will be ready for a beta run next weekend (Duskruin Arena). Nonetheless, here are some details about the changes that were implemented based on player comments and suggestions!

Two elements of Trove 2.0 will be the same: The shelf (primary display, which holds the current raffle item) and the tray (secondary display, which holds four potential "next up for raffle" items). The "next up" item will be selected at random from among the four existing items on the secondary display once a raffle winner has been chosen for the item previously on the primary display.

When an item moves to the primary display, its raffle begins. The duration of the raffle is a pre-determined time, and is typically the same for all future raffles. To participate in the raffle, a player needs a raffle token, acquired from the same area where the Trove exists. (IE: tokens acquired at Duskruin Arena cannot be used for a Treasure Trove at Ebon Gate.) Drop your token into the appropriate container and cross your fingers! You can enter a single raffle as many times as you want - limited only by 1) the number of tokens you possess, and 2) a 10-second roundtime for each entry.

Methods to obtain raffle tokens may vary from event to event -- be sure to find out ahead of time which method(s) will be used.

Raffle Tokens, by default, have three charges. A charge is depleted when a token is used to enter a raffle. Winning tokens will be destroyed regardless of remaining charges. Otherwise, tokens with remaining charges are returned to a player (player-initiated) after the end of the raffle for which you had used your token. Once a token is returned to the player, it becomes character-bound.

When a raffle winner is drawn, the winning character will receive an in-game message about the win (assuming he/she is online) and the item will move to the retrieval rack where it can only be removed by the winning account (though only the winner will receive the message). This notification messaging will happen every 5 minutes until the item is picked up. If the NEXT raffle is drawn before the item has been retrieved, then the item will be forfeit (along with the token). PLEASE PICK UP YOUR WINNING ITEMS TO AVOID ITEM LOSS.

Winning accounts will be ineligible from participation in the current Trove's raffles for 36 hours*.

RECAP of Important Information:

- Raffles have a hard entry limit of 50.
- You cannot enter a raffle if you have tokens that need to be returned.
- You cannot enter a raffle if you have a winning item on the retrieval rack.
- If you fail to pick up your winning item before the next raffle is drawn, your item and associated raffle token will be forfeited.
- Beyond the hard entry limit, there is no cap on individual raffle entries.
- Returned tokens will become character-attuned.
- Win lockouts carry a 36-hour* duration and are account-based.
- Outside of the raffle token, there is no additional cost to receive your winning item.

* These values are subject to change at management's discretion.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/03/2019 05:17 PM CDT
Great updates, and thanks for the details!!! I'm looking forward to finding out the details on obtaining tokens. This is going to be great.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/03/2019 10:59 PM CDT
>When a raffle winner is drawn, the winning character will receive an in-game message

As a QoL request: Could this message be coded to go out to the ACCOUNT character logged on as opposed to the individual CHARACTER that entered the raffle, please?

I know there are several customers that like to run different characters (on the same account) through the Duskruin events. Depending on the timing of the raffle draws, we might be burning simucoins through an alternate character. It would be super nice to know we won without having to keep logging back in on the raffle entrant every few minutes to check.

Thank you!
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/04/2019 08:22 AM CDT
In the same vein: if the winner of a raffle is in the middle of an Arena run, and there is another raffle scheduled very quickly after, the first winner may very well be done out of the item.
Could the system be set up to put the item into the winner's Arena package after exiting? (With appropriate messaging.)
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/04/2019 09:30 AM CDT
<In the same vein: if the winner of a raffle is in the middle of an Arena run, and there is another raffle scheduled very quickly after, the first winner may very well be done out of the item.>

If the drawings are going to be that close together, why not just wait til the drawing before going into the arena? I was getting the impression it was going to be every 30 min or hour or so....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/04/2019 12:15 PM CDT
My impression is more hours than that in between.

I don't support babying players anymore.

Make the information released available to all, that is all a reasonable person needs.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/04/2019 02:46 PM CDT
Generally this seems like a great system-very well designed. The only issue I can see happening is, if we don't know when the raffle will draw and the draw time is under 8-10 hours, I can imagine quitting for the night to go to sleep and the draw happens shortly after...and the next also happening when you're asleep...leading to a loss of item just because it's when someone was sleeping...

I think announcing the winner to everyone might help. That and/or allowing a pickup to happen over the course of 24 hours (or 12 hours, whatever, rather than just the next draw) so we can login to see that we won.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/04/2019 08:57 PM CDT

I know don't everyone faint, but I like it exactly the way Haliste posted it. No need to change it. If you are there you are there if you aren't you aren't.

Ushakaron
Beldannon
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/05/2019 03:51 AM CDT
This system looks great and I hope it will be implemented for Ebon Gate. Digging for tokens rather than prizes.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/05/2019 10:11 AM CDT
Add some information to the 'duskruin' verb (maybe 'duskruin raffle' or 'duskruin trove'), or just create the new 'trove' verb (allows use of the same mechanics at other events).

- Have it show you the status of all of your raffle tokens.
You have this many brand new ones/3 charges,
this many used once/2 charges,
this many final chance/1 charge,
and this many awaiting reclamation.

- Have it show you the status of all raffles you currently have tokens entered in.
3 on the low steel katana drawing in about 17 hours,
2 on the krodera full plate drawing in about 2 days.
You were the WINNER on the fluffy flower bonnet; you item is waiting for you to pick up (will disqualify you from the katana and return tokens OR you can 'forfeit' to remain in the katana & return the bonnet token).
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/06/2019 07:58 PM CDT
The messaging on a raffle win AND subsequent reminder messaging will be sent to the winning player only.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/07/2019 09:21 PM CDT
>The messaging on a raffle win AND subsequent reminder messaging will be sent to the winning player only.

Monsterbold?
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/07/2019 10:30 PM CDT
Yes, it is.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/10/2019 02:00 PM CDT
* Raffles will NOT run between midnight and noon, Eastern time.

Here's a list of items in the Trove for the current run of Duskruin:

a rich cognac leather thigh-sheath
a polished rolaren breastplate engraved with the symbol of Mularos
a black and green runestaff sling
a paint-covered contract
a stygian frieze greatcloak hemmed in selanthan bloodjewels
a bromin potion
an oak-pommeled adamantine greatsword
a black snakeskin cloak
a sinew-bound glaes-studded black cestus
a fur-lined velnalin hide scabbard
a weathered log cabin charm
a polished rolaren breastplate engraved with the symbol of Luukos
a niveous frieze greatcloak hemmed in selanthan bloodjewels
a sigil-carved glowbark runestaff crowned with a faceted white quartz crystal
a niveous white vaalin band inset with tiny frost opals
a blank silk standard
a Vornavian silk runestaff sling
a strand of veniom thread
a cloth-covered clear glass jar of slimy leeches
a handful of sparkling dust
a grenshol potion
a set of green glaes talons
a verdigris bronze-based polished glass sphere
a golden-spiked kroderine greatshield
a polished rolaren breastplate engraved with the symbol of V'tull
a rawhide hut amulet
a sky blue crystal globe charm
a suede-wrapped and knapped volcanic glass knife
a multi-hued parrot feather cape
a finely carved ogre bone scabbard
some gnarled glowbark bark
a riveted invar plate scabbard
a sun-bleached runestaff sling
a simple grey runestaff sling
a polished rolaren breastplate engraved with the symbol of Gosaena
a timeworn sephwir long bow
a gornar-traced vultite knuckle-blade
a sinew-bound glaes fist-scythe with evenly spaced serrations
a glossy black vultite tiger-claw etched with orange flames
an ornate brass wand
a luxurious snow leopard cape
a silk-lined lamb's wool cowl
a woven reed runestaff sling
a silvery vultite gauntlet-sword with acid-etched crossbars
a dark teal silk dupioni capelet edged in fluffy copper feathers
a white-edged Vornavian silk surcoat
a dove grey chainsil gown pinned with a black lily
an illthorn runestaff trimmed with twining inlaid ivory vines
a voluminous ash grey cassock
a polished rolaren breastplate engraved with the symbol of Sheru
a puffy grey cloud pin
a golden wavy kris decorated with blue silk
a bronze-based polished glass sphere
an aleteh potion
a folded mist grey canvas tent
a spangled rolaren longsword hilted in decorative silver
a floppy-eared beige pig mask
a faenor-inset white limestone tablet

[DISCLAIMER: It is possible that a specific item in this list doesn't make it up to raffle if the event closes before all items have been raffled off or if the item isn't selected as a current raffle item off the secondary display. It is also possible that there could be additional items that appear in the Trove that are not on this list.]

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/10/2019 11:03 PM CDT
This may be a really silly question, but, ahhh...

WHERE are the Trove raffles done?

<flee!>
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 04:59 AM CDT

Anywhere there is a list of what these items are and do? I tried searching the wiki but no information on the majority of it.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 08:53 AM CDT
They are pretty custom.

I think I saw some elemental slings, some shield capes, a returner string, and a whole lot of deity-keyed plate armor.

When they pop on the trove rack, you should be able to 'inspect' them.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 12:21 PM CDT
I've seen folks selling the raffle tokens so I know they're around, but I've run nearly 300 sewer runs between two characters and not had a raffle token drop. Are these only dropping in the Arena or Heist?

Valdarrow
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 01:19 PM CDT

I found a couple in the sewers early on like the first few hours. Nothing since in 400 runs or so. On a kind of funny note I have found 1 slender wooden rod no other bag pieces in almost 500 runs
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 06:24 PM CDT
I've done 546 runs so far on a single character. Not a single token. But I believe Wyron said something like 50 have dropped. Just not for me I guess.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 08:32 PM CDT
Are the drops the ONLY place to find tokens?
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 09:11 PM CDT
What do you mean? The tokens drop in all the activities. That is the only way to acquire tokens. Bear in mind, the tokens are a new thing, and don't replace something else. It's just a new thing. AND it's a beta test of this revamped system.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/11/2019 11:15 PM CDT
Honestly, I prefer the original version of the Treasure Trove. The only problem I had with it was that there were so many bag of holding things in the feeder for it those were all that came up when I checked in on it.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 08:19 AM CDT
Thanks for answering how to get them! (Any of the activities, and ONLY through activities.)

Separately...

Okay, if fifty (50) have dropped in the entire weekend (Friday evening through Sunday) with all the runs that have been done, I think the rarity is pegged maybe just a liiiiiiiittle bit high.

I don't think the limitation of "only fifty slots in the raffle for each item!" is going to be that big an issue, nor the 10s RT (which was clearly put in because of worries about using multiple raffle tokens to boost your chances on a single item).
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 11:21 AM CDT
Will the trove have descriptions of what the items do before/when they go up?
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 01:23 PM CDT
> Will the trove have descriptions of what the items do before/when they go up?

The Trove has a shelf and a tray. One of them is for the current item, the other is for the next 3-4 items on deck.

The items are chosen randomly from the 'on-deck' surface and placed for raffle (they were for sale last time) and a new item gets randomly selected to replace it on the on-deck container.

There were signs last time and it was all pretty clear how it works. Whether it is still a shelf and a tray because they are now token raffles, I do not know. YET. We should know real soon though, right??!

You can INSPECT all the items which are 'on-deck' well before you need to make a decision about going in on the raffle.

You'll see how detailed the INSPECT was last time at the wiki:

https://gswiki.play.net/Duskruin_Arena/Treasure_Trove_Prize_List_December_2018

This month's Trove already has its own page waiting for all the goodies!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 01:26 PM CDT
I may not have asked it here in this thread, but: where was it located? In the HESS room down the tunnel? Elsewhere?
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 01:46 PM CDT
None of that changed, Luxelle. It all still functions that way.

The Trove is located in the same spot, the Duskruin Warehouse, which will have access soon.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 04:51 PM CDT
<<What do you mean? The tokens drop in all the activities. That is the only way to acquire tokens. Bear in mind, the tokens are a new thing, and don't replace something else. It's just a new thing. AND it's a beta test of this revamped system.

I think people are referring to the fact that a lot of people are way over 300 runs, some at over 1k runs, without finding a raffle token. It seems like the chance to find them is way under tuned. This should be at minimum a 1% chance to drop, but it seems like its somewhere under .5%.

~Sabotage
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 04:56 PM CDT
The tokens are dropping ahead of our planned projections. If any tuning is needed, it would be downward. For now, we're watching it to see the ramifications of the current numbers though.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 05:07 PM CDT
To be clear, these are some completely obvious thing that stands out as being, well... a thing, right?
- It does not auto-appear, like in the 'Duskruin' verb.
- It is not auto-added, like in the 'ticket balance' verb.
- It another 'thing' (for example, inside an arena package), just like the winner's random item and automaton ore (if you defeated an automaton).

It's something that the character has the opportunity to see and touch and deal with, even if part of an 'empty my package in my whoosis'.
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/12/2019 05:11 PM CDT
<To be clear, these are some completely obvious thing that stands out as being, well... a thing, right?
- It does not auto-appear, like in the 'Duskruin' verb.
- It is not auto-added, like in the 'ticket balance' verb.
- It another 'thing' (for example, inside an arena package), just like the winner's random item and automaton ore (if you defeated an automaton).

It's something that the character has the opportunity to see and touch and deal with, even if part of an 'empty my package in my whoosis'.>

Yes
Re: Treasure Trove 2.0 08/13/2019 08:28 AM CDT
Perfect.
(Nuadjha sent me what the one he found looks like, so I'm happy. I just wanted to make certain it wasn't something that a person would miss. The fact that the noun is actually a "raffle token" is pretty clear... :)