2019 Schedule 01/24/2019 10:57 AM CST
As we move into the 2019 schedule, I wanted to make everyone aware of some changes we are making. Starting immediately, we are moving from 6 major pay events to 4 major pay events. Our first event is tentatively slated for February 15th.

We are looking at a schedule of February, May, July, and October. We are looking to run two forms of Duskruin which will include everything currently released (Arena, Sewers, and Heist). October will be Ebon Gate. Which leaves one other event TBD.

We will have more information on February for you soon. As a general disclaimers, everything can always be subject to change.

Wyrom, PM
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/24/2019 12:17 PM CST
can we have a detailed list of dates for paid and free events and simucon for the general populace? I need to apply for vacation from work in advance.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/24/2019 12:30 PM CST
Ditto regarding the advanced schedule. At the very minimum, could we do this for the Duskruin events?
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/24/2019 12:42 PM CST
The schedule above is as best as we'll be able to get, as all dates typically change before we announce them to players several times.

Wyrom, PM
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/24/2019 06:39 PM CST

So why drop to 4? Too much work for gms? I mean it's probably better but still why?

Must be to finally get those fishing titles out
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/24/2019 07:09 PM CST

>So why drop to 4?

To increase the quality of the events? Hopefully we get a grand auction (including tokens) at EG.

:D
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/24/2019 08:21 PM CST
I do hope Summit Academy will be in that slot or some other options, or at least an option to use existing tokens that are sitting around combined with allowing body builds in places that aren't SA.

_ _ _
Myasara says, "Raining rocks down on my city was not the best course of action."
- - -
Nishima put a group of five partially frozen corpses in the Nishima disk.
Several frozen limbs peek out of the disk in a macabre fashion.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/26/2019 06:41 PM CST

I second that! We have unused tokens that have sat for a while.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 11:47 AM CST
The February event will be Duskruin.

I'd like to remind everyone that things can, and often do, change.

Wyrom, PM
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 02:14 PM CST

That message sounds ominous
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 03:45 PM CST
>>We are looking to run two forms of Duskruin which will include everything currently released (Arena, Sewers, and Heist). October will be Ebon Gate. Which leaves one other event TBD.

Welcome to Gemstone IV: Duskruin! Hope you like Duskruin!

...one...event...a year...that isn't Duskruin or the annual eg. How disappointing.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 03:59 PM CST
>>...one...event...a year...that isn't Duskruin or the annual eg. How disappointing.

Well, one paid event. If that means we get more and even better other ones, then all the winning.

_ _ _
Myasara says, "Raining rocks down on my city was not the best course of action."
- - -
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 04:05 PM CST
>>Well, one paid event. If that means we get more and even better other ones, then all the winning.

I seriously doubt that they're cutting paid events in order to offer more or better free events.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 04:14 PM CST
>>I seriously doubt that they're cutting paid events in order to offer more or better free events.

Given how things are organized, it may not be the plan, but it could be a side effect. More likely events will each just be longer, so you end up with the same amount of weeks per year, but also you get the advantage of having less to organize. But less manpower need combined with GS organization could easily lead to better quality at the other events.

_ _ _
- - -
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 04:15 PM CST

I hope you're right. Still disappointed.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 05:13 PM CST
When I saw that they were going from a schedule of "6 paid, 6 unpaid [alternating months]" to "4 paid [with one month each quarter]", my fill-in of the unspoken part of the sentence was "...and the rest of the months convert to unpaid events."

I freely admit that I may very well have read way more into the post than what was intended.

But it has seemed to be the case that they were trending towards, "One Event Per Month" for the last several years.

And it may be that the other two months are instead freed up for CHE/MHO events to be supported....
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/30/2019 05:52 PM CST
>>...one...event...a year...that isn't Duskruin or the annual eg. How disappointing.

These are just the paid events. We run plenty of other events and festivals outside of the paid event schedule.

Wyrom, PM
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/31/2019 08:14 AM CST
I'd like to see something akin to the older paid event days. Doesn't have to be something done every year or even every other year, but a throwback to a week on a ticket event for a week long excursion; riding the Dhu Gillywack or Wavedancer, for example.

The old EG was the last thing that made the paid events feel special. Closed off to just those that paid to be part of it and not every Tom, Dick and Jane comes running through to hog up all the space and time of every single merchant that offers work.

I can dream, I guess.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/31/2019 09:14 AM CST
Ok so four MAJOR paid events per year. I'm a little confused here. Is this saying all paid events are considered MAJOR and that there will then be other events that are not paid at all? Or is this saying that there are also MINOR paid events? Could we have some sort of listing of what is considered what (Major, Minor, Unpaid)? If any paid event is considered a major event I think two runs of Duskruin (taking up a whopping 50% of our events to look forward to) is a bit much especially as it will adversely affect the appearance anytime soon of other events.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/31/2019 09:29 AM CST
For those who might not have seen, from Discord:

WyromYesterday at 4:12 PM
The plan as is stands is...
February additions are going to be mostly history/lore related that everyone can participate in (no vouchers needed). We'll be added new content to HESS and we have some other things planned.
May is going to be more of a smorgasbord of things that we'll announce when we're a tad closer.
July is going to be Duskruin with a new activity (hopefully).
October is Ebon Gate.
We typically use the second half of the month for pay events (outside of EG). May might be the whole month, we'll see.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/31/2019 10:51 AM CST
I'd wager to say the "Minor" paid events would be considered stuff like Reim, Night at the Academy, Black Swan Castle, Troubled Waters, etc. Just my guess/theory.
Re: 2019 Schedule 01/31/2019 02:41 PM CST

Thanks for eliminating the December event. Duskruin is so much more fun when I actually have the time to do it! Sylinar's Spire is another favorite, so hopefully, we'll see that again, every few years. I've enjoyed other events, too, but kicking things back so that these only show up every few years is fine by me. These events take on a more celebratory feeling, when they aren't coming out quite as often.
Re: 2019 Schedule 02/03/2019 04:27 PM CST

>riding the Dhu Gillywack or Wavedancer, for example.

The Dhu - yes please!

Wavedancer - unless prices are lowered, too costly. I would not pay even the old steerage price.

:D
Re: 2019 Schedule 02/04/2019 06:16 PM CST

"Sylinar's Spire is another favorite, so hopefully, we'll see that again,"

Agreed, Sylinar's Spire has been long overdue.
Re: 2019 Schedule 04/05/2019 01:00 PM CDT
Some changes happened to the event schedule.

Our May event will now be at the beginning of June and our summer run of Duskruin is moving to August to not conflict with SimuCon. We'll have tentative dates posted soon.

Wyrom, PM
Re: 2019 Schedule 04/06/2019 10:09 PM CDT
im gonna be traveling june 3rd, so I need it to start june 4th