A couple fairs for my type 06/27/2016 02:10 PM CDT
I did do anything Duskruin, and I'm not a 'giant' fan of Simucoins, but especially with the recent buyout, and the fact that I do really like this game, let me just outline two services or events.

LANGUAGE FAIR

Yeah, simple. Characters can learn a language. Dole it out in some way. Limit how many languages a character can know or speak. I'd like my main to understand and speak dark elven. $30 or so a ticket (with normal premium discount). I'd take the ticket if my main can learn and speak dark elven. It's an RP thing.

MAGICAL PERMANENCE

The last thinger with enhancives should be applied in some way to magical items. I have some goofy and fun items that can crumble. The fact of them being able to fall apart just makes me use the less. Yet at Ebon Gate, or even free events like last year's Spitfire (HOORAY) I could charge them like water (and some silvers). One is dyed crystalline rose; it's just invisibility. Glass amulets are easy to get on FWI, but I like the roses since the invisibility is activated on WEARing the item. The other is less common, but a Call Familiar 920 item. It's been recharged. But I'd get more out of it if I could be sure it didn't turn to dirt. $30 cost (with premium discount possible) and 3 items to Charge or Make Permanent.

These are two services I'd go for. The offerings recently weren't for me, and that's cool! I loved the Summit Expression Faire (did a round), but less the Spire and Duskruin anything. So, just a friendly post saying, "Hi, I think there are simple services for RP-types that were missed."
Re: A couple fairs for my type 06/27/2016 02:11 PM CDT
>I did do anything Duskruin

Derp, didn't.

And no, I'm not willing to pay for an Edit button. We should just have it.
Re: A couple fairs for my type 06/27/2016 02:46 PM CDT
I remember going to my first SimuCon about 300 or so years ago. I met a GM and told her I would LOVE a system to learn another language. She nodded sympathetically and said the system didn't support it, and it would require (insert whatever description of an entirely new system she used that came down to there's no way.

That being said, while I don't see a system like this coming any time soon, who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of creative coders.

~Liia
APM, Gemstone IV
Re: A couple fairs for my type 06/27/2016 03:43 PM CDT
I know it is possible to make an item that lets you hear/read(and maybe speak?) another language, because I've seen those items. What about an automated quest in the illistim library that lets you create an item that has those effects. It can be something sufficiently illistimi like a tome or codex. Then, over hours and hours of studding books and reps of having people speak at you in the language and so on you make notes in the book. It could take up the artisan skill spots and require forging level of involvement. That would keep some strong value on the other style that do not take ages and use up an artisan skill spot.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: A couple fairs for my type 06/27/2016 07:03 PM CDT
>That being said, while I don't see a system like this coming any time soon

I am not envisioning a complicated system. There are binary toggles for languages on characters as I understand. A player pays money, and some toggles are flipped.

And then we have 90 minutes (or whatever) at some Fair to do some RP about it.