Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 10:47 AM CST
Not sure where to post this so I'm hoping this adequate.

I know Xerria can't (sadly) unlock Voln armor and so far.. nobody knows what merchant can unlock Voln armor further. So.. I'm wondering if it at all possible, could Voln armor be unlocked in the future - maybe in some paid event? Could it be unlocked at Ebons or maybe some new special paid event for Voln armor / other special armors to get more unlocked? I'd be willing to pay as a customer to go to the event if only to get the plate unlocked fully as it would seem it's super duper rare for any merchant to even work on Voln armor in the first place when it comes to getting it unlocked. Maybe it could be added to the premium monthly raffles every so often?

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 10:51 AM CST
I'd second this request. I'd love to get my armor unlocked and I'd pay for an event in order to do that.

Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 11:00 AM CST
Thirding

Khristal asks, "Who uses scimitars anyway?"

Svardin says, "Folks dat should use axes."

You nod sagely.
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 11:37 AM CST

fourth!

Clunk too, but, it means a lot more to the character if we earn it somehow.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 01:06 PM CST
<it means a lot more to the character if we earn it somehow.>

That would be the most fun too!

Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 01:48 PM CST
Add Ithzir armor to this list please!
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 01:58 PM CST
I like Clunk's idea too. Really, I like any idea that translates to seeing some merchant somewhere unlock this stuff.

Khristal asks, "Who uses scimitars anyway?"

Svardin says, "Folks dat should use axes."

You nod sagely.
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 02:11 PM CST

I would love to see the voln armor offered to be further unlocked. I am very much not on board to pay a premium in real dollars to do so.

- Guards haul off the stupid corpse. -
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 06:56 PM CST
Voln (and Ithzir) armor carry very large mechanical benefits based on unlocking. Due to this, the unlocking of said armors is going to be a very rare and limited service.

___
SGM of Premium, Promotions and Events
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 08:16 PM CST
The issue with Ithzir is there are FAR more Tiers to unlock.

Unlocking this set of armor is likely to be a very horrible experience considering you are lucky if you get it unlocked ONCE a YEAR
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 09:07 PM CST
The same can be said of Voln and I don't recall nor have heard of a merchant that could unlock the Voln armor tiers. Last Ebons, Ithzir was unlocked more and even other armor was allowed to become of it.

So.. define rare and very rare in game play please. I can bite into twice a year or even once a year, but years in between is just silly. Why would a paid event not be rare enough? Or perhaps it can be something new altogether for a limited time?

Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 10:26 PM CST
I'm down with more unlocking of this, and do like the rare premium raffle idea.

However, it has not years in between (maybe it just seems like it).

Ithzir, as you noted, was available for new armors and unlocking this last EG, the EG before it (and I think the one before that), and 3 runs of RtCF. Voln was introduced at RtCF (3 runs), available that EG, and CCF. Those are all pay events.

It does have alot of new tiers/trees to unlock so I completely get the demand for more.
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/22/2015 10:51 PM CST

>The same can be said of Voln and I don't recall nor have heard of a merchant that could unlock the Voln armor tiers. Last Ebons, Ithzir was unlocked more and even other armor was allowed to become of it.

there were a few higher tier Voln unlocks at the free fest in Talador last year
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/23/2015 08:30 AM CST
Voln (and Ithzir) armor carry very large mechanical benefits based on unlocking. Due to this, the unlocking of said armors is going to be a very rare and limited service.
___
SGM of Premium, Promotions and Events

As it should be. Just remember that people get stuff that unlocks with the intention of unlocking it at some point. Ithzir armor in particular is quite uninspiring until it has been unlocked a few times. It shouldn't happen all the time but it should happen. In the case of Voln armor some unlocks should be reserved for taking Tier 2 to 3 and Tier 3 to 4 specifically as well. Note that I do think this is the way it has been happening and just hope it continues to happen.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/24/2015 12:03 AM CST
Just to let you all know that Voln unlocking was available at both RtCF as a minor win (as I recall), and full adding/unlocking as a T1 (biggest) win at CCF. Maybe I ever saw a raffle or something for that at EG as well (might be confusing that with RtCF).

Anyway, it is a fairly rare service, but it is known to happen, more or less exactly at the places you mentioned.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/24/2015 03:44 PM CST
Maybe there could be a way to earn it then instead of waiting for the "rare" availability of a raffle with the "super rare" chance of actually winning it. Otherwise unlocking even just once would be once in a lifetime which begs the question of why so many tiers if you are only to get unlocked a few times which is why I'm hoping and more in favor of what Clunk said.. let there be a way for us to earn it. Maybe it could be similar to how paladins gradually build the tiers of their bonded weapon by using it or a series of mini quests that take time. No, I don't expect nor think it should be a matter of weeks/months but I would like to think a quests that could take up a year to earn the armor's unlock wouldn't be too much to ask of if the service isn't going to be offered that often and even then with the even more difficult task of actually getting picked for it be unlocked. Padding? That's doable with premium points while Voln armor isn't and arguably a person in GoS could use any armor and get the padding benefit at the cost of spirit / mana being used since it's just restricted . Voln armor can't be temporary padded either by the Adventure Guild. How many folks can honestly say that have tier 2 or above armor that are still active and play? I only know maybe only a few folks. I don't mind coming up with quests designs etc if this would even considered to make it actually realistic to get a t1 voln armor fully unlocked as opposed to the super rare of it being so in the first place or even to at least tier 3. Paid Events don't go on forever either, which is why I suggested maybe it could be a paid for event sometime in the future for a specific time frame. Maybe it can be based off the scrap currency that Troubled Waters has where one keeps saving those credits to perhaps eventually buy that expensive 8x Runestaff but in this case a chance to unlock the armor further for the Voln Member.

Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/24/2015 05:06 PM CST
>>Maybe there could be a way to earn it then instead of waiting for the "rare" availability of a raffle with the "super rare" chance of actually winning it.<<

Its been proposed a few times, but to me, this is where I'd like to see gemstone go. Maybe this is Duskruin Arena, we'll see. I wouldn't want to complete replace festivals, but maybe as a compliment or replace one event since we know festivals are hard on the GMs.

You have to perform some kind of accomplishment, some kind of grind, and then some kind of purchased item (to replace the revenue from the festival). A merchant shows up once a month or so, and helps those ready for the upgrade. Its such a better feeling knowing you accomplished your gear upgrade rather than just waiting to luck into it.

I think we're all aware gamers love the carrot, even if its popular to complain about. I'd like to know that there was some inevitability of me getting an upgrade rather than waiting for a festival that offers what I want, then being lucky enough to win it.
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/24/2015 06:30 PM CST
>>You have to perform some kind of accomplishment, some kind of grind, and then some kind of purchased item (to replace the revenue from the festival). A merchant shows up once a month or so, and helps those ready for the upgrade.

yeah !!!

And, being Clunk, earn means something on the level of playing your role well in fights against the Horned Cabal (raukturga at gatroff), against the spread of the undead (Tiope at Shadowguard OR dark soul at Vaalor OR Barnom at the Landing), or now nearly beyond memroy things like helping to rid the old abandoned Inn of wraiths, or Castle Anwyn of its major ghosts.

seriously? yeah, all for that. Ways to earn the right to pay to visit the merchant that can level up the armor just one tier.

And then ... do it all again against even more serious threats. (in between time while the undeads recover we can go back to the forge)

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/26/2015 09:45 PM CST
>>Maybe this is Duskruin Arena, we'll see.

I don't want people to get the wrong impression of Duskruin Arena. I've been spending day and night on it for awhile. And that may translate to something really awesome. But it actually translates to me having to go back to the drawing board about a dozen times. I'm actually in the final stages of this thing going live. But that brings me back to what it is. It's our first STAB at an unmanned event where you earn things. And this hopefully won't be the end of that.

I can't really talk about some other projects in early stages of design, but something where you're able to upgrade your own gear is something near and dear to my gaming heart. Stuff like Ithzir flares and Voln armor aren't where my plans are, but something a little beyond that.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/26/2015 10:50 PM CST
Sounds like your nearly there, but I'm all for the 'its done when its done' mentality. Take as much time as needed to do it right.

I'm sure you'll announce it when its ready, but the most burning question I have about Duskruin is the reward structure. With enough event tickets and a lot of grinding, can I earn myself a legit auction quality prize? Or is that blowing it up a too much and its going to be more middle of the road prizes?

As for the upgrade your gear plans, I look forward hearing more about those in the distant future. In Wyrom we trust.

Vorks
Re: Voln Armor unlock / Paid Events 02/27/2015 12:21 PM CST
I can talk about the prize structure in just a bit (probably tonight) on the forums. I'll do it in the Duskruin topic!

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean