Spellbound 02/17/2020 09:15 AM CST
Just a note, Spellbound's spells are almost always refreshed with every run. So there is never any guarantee any spell will return. If you see something you want, buy it now.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Spellbound 08/24/2020 06:44 PM CDT
So that I can prioritize spending... any chance you can let us know what will NOT be returning from this Spellbound?

Thanks!
Re: Spellbound 09/02/2020 01:57 PM CDT
"So that I can prioritize spending... any chance you can let us know what will NOT be returning from this Spellbound?" -- Me, #12258

Bump?
Re: Spellbound 09/05/2020 10:49 AM CDT
KRAKII
"So that I can prioritize spending... any chance you can let us know what will NOT be returning from this Spellbound?" -- Me, #12258

I realize this is a bit late, but Spellbound's spells are updated every run.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Spellbound 09/05/2020 11:22 AM CDT
If you purchased "a slit-pupiled citrine quartz pin" (Fash'lo'nae's Gift ((1750)) from Spellbound this run, you may ASSIST to request the verb activation to change to RUB instead of RAISE.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Spellbound 09/05/2020 01:32 PM CDT
Thanks, Estild!

In doing some reading back through staff posts--it was pretty slow at the office for a couple of days--I did eventually run across one that said the same thing.

Since you're reading here... can you address the Sigil Staff posts that I have raised?
Re: Spellbound 09/07/2020 09:28 AM CDT
Hurray, thank you for the Spellbound 1750 activation change.

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: Spellbound 02/22/2021 03:51 PM CST
In today's continuing drama: As The Daily-Use Item Turns...

...so it has seemed to be the case that even if I record the time at which I use an item, and pop back in 24 hours/1440 minutes later, it still says "has used a charge recently."

AND it continues to say that, if I then logoff and pop in a bit later.

BUT, if I stay in-game long enough for an experience pulse to happen--even if I am at CAAB, and have no experience to be absorbed--then the item immediately shows as "hasn't been used recently" to a Detect Magic/305.

So I can be "right on time", and STILL get behind by losing time of the day (as much as 90 seconds, if I come in right after the one pulse of a "long" random cycle). Which eventually adds up to "fifteen minutes later", and now it's no longer a convenient time for me to do it.
(Like "trying to blast off from the office, and I can linger there to use the item, or drive... and shift it to even later in the day.")

So howsabout we just wise up and shift the dang things to "reset at midnight!", like Boost and LTE (2/day generation from hunting and absorption both) and uses of 'mana spellup' and ...

It's just a more sensible way to run a railroad.
Re: Spellbound 02/22/2021 05:04 PM CST
>> So howsabout we just wise up and shift the dang things to "reset at midnight!", like Boost and LTE (2/day generation from hunting and absorption both) and uses of 'mana spellup' and ...

>> It's just a more sensible way to run a railroad.

Or shift to a 20 hour day (or even a 23.75 hour day) on these items to help avoid these types of issues?

-- Robert

>> You tremble and can barely hold onto the mithril greataxe. You estimate it must be worth over a hundred million silvers!
Re: Spellbound 03/01/2021 08:39 PM CST
"...so it has seemed to be the case that even if I record the time at which I use an item, and pop back in 24 hours/1440 minutes later, it still says "has used a charge recently."

AND it continues to say that, if I then logoff and pop in a bit later.

BUT, if I stay in-game long enough for an experience pulse to happen--even if I am at CAAB, and have no experience to be absorbed--then the item immediately shows as "hasn't been used recently" to a Detect Magic/305." -- Me, #12952

For anyone playing along at home, I have confirmed this behavior. I last used a round of items yesterday/Sunday @ 4:55pm Eastern, and logged in today/Monday at around 5:24pm.
Detect on them showed "has been used recently," up until a pulse happened.

GMs, I would like these items to be changes such that, at the very least, they actually behave as they are described: charge usable in 1440 minutes.

(I would prefer that they be changed to "recharge at midnight", or as someone else said, on a 22-hour "day" [similar to Reim, for example].)
Re: Spellbound 03/02/2021 06:29 PM CST

>>BUT, if I stay in-game long enough for an experience pulse to happen ...

ahhh ... the pulse of Gemstone ...

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Spellbound 03/09/2021 02:46 PM CST
I'd also prefer a system where X/day items reset at midnight, like the lumnis brooches do, or mana spellups, or any other number of systems. Much much easier to track and remember.
Re: Spellbound 11/15/2021 12:44 PM CST
For the record (because I have dropped the ball on this since it stopped nagging at me):
The feedback from Detect Magic/405 on the various SpellBound items is now ONE #(&@#&^$ METRIC TONNE more usable & user-friendly that it used to be.

Big huge giant "thanks!" to whomever spiced that up.

However, I believe that it still periodically does a bit of a temporal shift--such as something like "on the next pulse", or possibly "you triggered it at 06:43:17, it becomes available again at 06:44:00"--because even if I grab it right away at the time posted in my text file, I cannot activate it when I think I should be able to.

If the rounding could be changed to "1435" minutes, so that we can use it at "the same time again tomorrow... more or less" that would be a tremendous boon.

And similarly, I believe that the offline absorption does NOT pause the tick-down of spell durations correctly. That is to say, "there is a decrease in remaining spell durations while you are absorbing off-line." My recollection was that there was not supposed to be?
Re: Spellbound 08/10/2022 08:38 AM CDT

I'd love to see 1202 come back!
Re: Spellbound 08/10/2022 08:57 AM CDT
I believe it was Doug who a couple of years ago suggested some robe/AsG 2 armor that granted Spell Self-Knowledge for Iron Skin/1202, for all of those classes who were not Monks to take advantage of.
I still think that was a great idea. :)
Re: Spellbound 08/10/2022 09:44 AM CDT
Yeah - not sure if I had the 'original' idea. But doggone good one, and I've been looking for such a set for. . . years?

Give my characters a reason to train in off-cycle lores, puhlease!

Doug
Re: Spellbound 08/10/2022 09:52 AM CDT
"a reason to train in off-cycle lores" -- Doug

<beam!>

I've got the Bard up to 60 ranks/5 cycles of The Moistening (from Mana Focus/418) already, and the Enhancives I'm using have enough space for the +15 more, +16 more, and--with +16 ATP/+5 tier2 & +2 tier3 Ascension bonuses--+17 rank steps, for an eventual total of 8 cycles.
(Which, for spending 18 mana to get 80 returned, is pretty good RoI.)

Should only take me five years--x2 DR events per year with x2 items being worked on x2 ranks apiece--or so to wrap it all up...

(AND makes it worth his while to get water/Torrent NotFlares, and not necessarily compete with all the OTHER Bards for the air version.)