Alteration Box Bug 03/16/2013 06:29 PM CDT
I won one of the container/weapon alteration boxes at Droughtman's and I have to say it's an absolute blast to play with. There seems to be a glitch however when using skins.

When using gemstones you get results as follows:
a neat soot black greatcloak set with tiny black riftstone studs, an exquisite burgundy longcoat dusted with black cherry garnet flecks, etc.

When using furs, regardless of whether you're applying them to shoes, containers, or weapons, and regardless of the kind of skin or pelt, you get this result:
a cowled loose cotton robe trimmed with a grizzly bear hide.

The indefinite article "a" is always left in the resulting description, which seriously alters and detracts from the finished product. As this never happens with the use of shells or gems, I'm really hoping this is a bug that can be fixed. Left as is the fur feature is pretty useless, but if that one small change could be made it would open up a whole other world for this really awesome item.

Any staff out there have a solution?
~Niadja
Re: Alteration Box Bug 03/16/2013 11:01 PM CDT
I'll see who owns the script and look into it.

~Wyrom, SGM
Quests
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Alteration Box Bug 03/16/2013 11:12 PM CDT
Well I looked at the script, and it looks like the "trimmed" messaging will always try to show the entire pelt's description. This is likely because they wanted to use the article (in this case, "a grizzly"), but didn't want to mess with trying to remove that (since some of the article stores important descriptors). The gem examples are different because it changes the article to "tiny" and changes the noun to "flecks" (or other various things like you posted), so it's changing it up some, which makes the flow nicer on the eyes.

So it looks like it's working as intended, sadly.

~Wyrom, SGM
Quests
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Alteration Box Bug 03/17/2013 04:44 PM CDT
Bleh. Well, not what I was hoping for, but I really appreciate your looking into it for me, Wyrom. Thanks much!

~Niadja