Prize Teasers 11/23/2012 09:30 PM CST
You've all been a quiet bunch. So how about some teasers for the upcoming DMC run?

We have...

a tapered dark adamantine katar with jagged edges (+22, lightened)
a convex dark adamantine buckler with a distorted mirror-finish surface (+22)
a dark adamantine main gauche with an elaborate knotwork guard (+22, unbalance flares)
a convex zelnorn buckler with a mirror-finish surface (+10/+10)
a sparkling crystallized fossil (5x/day brace (1214)
a mirror-finished kroderine pavis edged in blackened steel (+22, fluff scripts, 3 dispels, +6 shield use bonus)
a suit of kroderine platemail adorned with blackened steel (+22, fluff scripts, 5 dispels, 5% resistance to slash, crush, and puncture)
a gold-flecked dark urnon key (2x/day unlock)
a brass and gold disk (Chronomage tickets)
a fel-hafted vultite waraxe (+20, HCW)
a suit of forest green brigandine (+17, HCP)
an eahnor-set golden oak humidor with a brass lockplate (unlimited cigars and matches)
an ivory-nocked slender yew longbow (+22, fluff scripts, DS)
a knurled sephwir long bow with a silvery bowstring (+25, fluff scripts, HS, +5 perception ranks)
a zorchar-runed thunderstone wand (3x/day death clouds (1713)
a gold and silver ring (Unlimited use gold ring)
a weathered tan leather pouch tooled with a blooming fern (Seed producing)
a pair of leather gauntlets embedded with iron at the knuckles (+25, fluff scripts, pocketed, unbalance flares, UCSE, +6 Dex, +6 Str)
a pair of leather boots plated with iron (+25, unbalance flares, UCSE, fluff scripts, pocketed, +6 Agi, +6 Str)
a spiked veil iron maul wrapped with titan hide around the haft (+25, DCW, fluff scripts, acid flares against giant creatures)

There are plenty more items. Over 100 to be exact, including those I've teased. Two weeks till DMC!

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/23/2012 10:47 PM CST
I love DM.

Want alot of that stuff..
Re: Prize Teasers 11/24/2012 07:51 AM CST
>GameMaster Droughtman just arrived.
>Droughtman kneels
>Droughtman glances at you
>Droughtman says, "Marry me Bremerial."
>You grunt pensively
>You glance at Droughtman
>You shake your head and turn away
>Droughtman gawks at you.

You wake up
You tense, beads of sweat forming on your brow
You wipe the sweat from your brow
You say, "What a nightmare!

-
Bremerial - Chair of the 'Bring the Highman Games to Kharam-Dzu' Committee

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial
Re: Prize Teasers 11/24/2012 12:46 PM CST
<<a mirror-finished kroderine pavis edged in blackened steel (+22, fluff scripts, 3 dispels, +6 shield use bonus)
a suit of kroderine platemail adorned with blackened steel (+22, fluff scripts, 5 dispels, 5% resistance to slash, crush, and puncture)>>

I'm curious to the specific numbers you entered above, are these items different than normal kroderine at all (other than being zested and the enhancive/resistances), when it comes to their antimagical nature?
Re: Prize Teasers 11/25/2012 11:06 AM CST
Those numbers are the max number of dispels. All kroderine isn't created equally! Heh.

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/25/2012 11:52 AM CST
Can a bard tell how many the max number of dispells is on a given piece? And can merchants increase the number, in the same way they can increase accuity flare numbers?

Thanks,

Kerl
Re: Prize Teasers 11/25/2012 12:28 PM CST
No, and it's not guaranteed how much it will dispel, even if the of target has more spells than those numbers.

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/25/2012 03:22 PM CST
Oh, I see - up to 3-5 spells removed per flare. I was thinking it meant something like flare activations per day.

Glad that is not the case!
Re: Prize Teasers 11/25/2012 03:56 PM CST
Greater and lesser kroderine?!?

/mindblown

-farmer
Re: Prize Teasers 11/26/2012 04:08 AM CST

So previous Kroderine plate is 5 dispel? you are just listing the difference between the shield and plate? Or was the original kroderine higher then 5 dispel?
Re: Prize Teasers 11/26/2012 08:13 AM CST
>>So previous Kroderine plate is 5 dispel? you are just listing the difference between the shield and plate? Or was the original kroderine higher then 5 dispel?

I don't know what the other kroderine was built with. But I doubt it was over 5. I'm listing what these are built with.

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/26/2012 12:36 PM CST

So for this rookie Droughtmans guy...

How are prizes distributed? Random pull for anyone who enters? Then the winners go at it in the finals for even better prizes? Or do we get to pick and choose? :) Looking forward to this! Seems like fun!

Best,

Jim
Re: Prize Teasers 11/26/2012 12:51 PM CST
>How are prizes distributed? Random pull for anyone who enters? Then the winners go at it in the finals for even better prizes? Or do we get to pick and choose? :) Looking forward to this! Seems like fun!

It's a random pull.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Prize Teasers 11/26/2012 12:54 PM CST
What Raelee said. Everyone, including the winner, that runs get a random pull from a prize pile after someone wins the run. The winner, last time anyways, also got an additional prize(Enchant, GALD, etc). They also get a free run in the final round where they get to pull from the pile again.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Prize Teasers 11/26/2012 12:58 PM CST

Thanks! This is my kind of fun! :)

Best,
Jim
Re: Prize Teasers 11/26/2012 02:42 PM CST
>What Raelee said. Everyone, including the winner, that runs get a random pull from a prize pile after someone wins the run. The winner, last time anyways, also got an additional prize(Enchant, GALD, etc). They also get a free run in the final round where they get to pull from the pile again.

In these weekend tournaments the people in the finals did not get the pull from the treasure pile again. Well, techincally they did but all they got was a commerative necklace or something. Can't remember exactly but it wasn't an addtional prize from the pile. Now in the orginally full blown tournament in the finals they did get to pick from the treasure pile again.

Granted, there have been more than one mini-tournament at this point but the one I did they didn't get an extra pull at the prizes. Of course they did win a free enchant from the run they won, so that was technically their prize for being in the final.
Re: Prize Teasers 11/27/2012 10:34 PM CST
Well I for one can tell you why I'm quite...I'm a bit peeved the way this Decembers Droughtmans was released. Like an ass sore. Then when I was hearing that folks took advantage of the opportunity (good ole Americanism)and acquired multiple tickets for the events and were selling them...yea..kinda put me in the quite zone.
Re: Prize Teasers 11/27/2012 11:31 PM CST
<<Well I for one can tell you why I'm quite...I'm a bit peeved the way this Decembers Droughtmans was released. Like an ass sore. Then when I was hearing that folks took advantage of the opportunity (good ole Americanism)and acquired multiple tickets for the events and were selling them...yea..kinda put me in the quite zone.>>

I can understand how anyone could find this annoying but it can be done whether or not the event is formally announced. People have definitely done it before.
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:07 PM CST
Some of the numbers I posted were a little off. I'll get a complete list to you guys either tonight or tomorrow.

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:15 PM CST
Any word on doing another run in plat Wyrom? Solomon had indicated that it was a possibility a couple months ago, but we haven't heard anything since then.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:18 PM CST
It's being discussed. We'll let you know. If there is one, it will be the exact items (outside the grand prize).

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:23 PM CST
That is disheartening to say the least.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:45 PM CST
>>That is disheartening to say the least.

Which part?

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:46 PM CST
That we get the exact same prizes with no chance of input given the prior two weekend runs full of prizes that we did not receive either.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:49 PM CST
We'll add that to the discussion. No worries.

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:51 PM CST
Excellent news, carry on then! Would it be helpful to start a thread on the plat side with things we'd especially like to see included?

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 08:59 PM CST
Yes, please do!

~Wyrom, ASGM
Host Manager
GameMaster Trainer
Honorary QC Lackey
Re: Prize Teasers 11/28/2012 09:10 PM CST

Still very excited, but also a bit disappointing that there will be no incentive (1x enchant) for round one winners barring the souvineer and chance at winning a top notch grade A grand prize...at least that is what i suppose you will hear from the 9 people walking away at the end of the second round...