Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/01/2018 03:57 PM CST
I would hazard a guess that Wyrom's hinting of a May event would be a Coraesine Field related thing... looking forward to it!

https://gswiki.play.net/Creating_Adventure_-_January_2018

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
~Officer, Ardenai Temple Knights
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/01/2018 05:36 PM CST
I'm just not sure how it can work anywhere near what is was as a free festival, so I'm changing my guess to Foehn's Promise (credit to Durakar).
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/01/2018 06:12 PM CST
>>I'm just not sure how it can work anywhere near what is was as a free festival, so I'm changing my guess to Foehn's Promise (credit to Durakar).

If the "east of the DragonSpine" clue is correct, it is not the Foehn's Promise. For the Promise runs (the original GS3 I led and the reconstructed GS4 one in 2005 that occurred a few months after I 'retired'), the airship docked in the West.

The only rationale for the "east" clue would be that the airship hails from Ta'Loenthra. Not that the token auction event ever ran in the east, unless there was a secret run between 2006 and 2017!

I'm not sure how the Promise could work as a completely "free" event, honestly, unless the old token auction is changed to a regular silvers auction open fully to the public, and therefore not every attendee is guaranteed a unique item. And the rest of the ship is decked out with regular event-style shopping/raffles/games.

The other possibility is repurposing Feywrot Mire? It's in the East, and if I understand peoples' descriptions of EG correctly, it remained a hard ticketed event (closed to non ticket holders) through its last run in 2016 so that matches the "exclusive" and "completely transformed" clues. It's got digging, games, and a big area for shops to be reworked for a different season. (What DO the denizens of Feywrot do the other 11 months of the year? It's not Halloween all the time!)

I'll be happy regardless of whether it's Coraesine, Feywrot or whatever - I haven't seen them!
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/01/2018 06:50 PM CST
It had no denizens, just swamp (and now burned out swamp).

The carnies just setup shop there once a year.
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/01/2018 07:46 PM CST

Dunno then! Except to say.. the list of exclusive, limited attendance events that ran east of the 'Spine is vanishingly small and can be counted on three fingers. :)
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/01/2018 09:41 PM CST
Well, don't forget... Coraesine Field had an ending.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/01/2018 10:40 PM CST

Okay so Coraesine Mountain, gotcha.
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 02:05 AM CST
So Coraesine Forest, got it.
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 06:50 AM CST

Or Coraesine Mines. Mines!
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 10:05 AM CST
>>So Coraesine Forest, got it.

Someone passed the quiz!

But there are definitely a few events that this could be!

Wyrom, PM
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 10:27 AM CST
Is it going to be a microtrans event?
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 10:35 AM CST

Not sure where it took place, but Dragonrealms just had Droughtman's return. Could be that?
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 12:47 PM CST
The elves secretly rescued the Wavedancer from its watery grave and are going to turn it into a museum and theme park just outside of Ta'Vaalor.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 01:35 PM CST
>>Is it going to be a microtrans event?

Probably, and I bet it also introduces a new currency.
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 04:08 PM CST
I took it to be completely free, being as the pay event schedule was released as every other month (Feb - DR Dig/Sewer, April - ?, June - DR Arena/Sewer, Aug - ?, Oct - EG, Dec - DR new stuff).

So I'd assume April and August to consist of Delirium and unlikely more Duskruins or Summit so maybe a renovated Droughtman?). If it is Coraseine, I'd have kept it pay for max/best approvals and moved it to one of those empty slots (April instead of May pushing RNG Delirium to August) and make Briarmoon a free fest (as hinted at last year) for May.

I would have guessed Briarmoon as the free fest, except for the highend and East clues!
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 04:44 PM CST

Anfelt? That was higher end wasn't it? Technically it was under the dragonspine rather than east of it.

What about the Ilyan cloud airship. What was that event?
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 04:49 PM CST
<<The elves secretly rescued the Wavedancer from its watery grave and are going to turn it into a museum and theme park just outside of Ta'Vaalor.

Ha! That's what all of our sea-diving was about, helping the elves pull the Wavedancer back up! We just had to clear out all the treasure/junk for them!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
~Officer, Ardenai Temple Knights
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 05:13 PM CST

>>What about the Ilyan cloud airship. What was that event?

The Cloud was the first elven airship to ever visit the West. It's first run was January 1999 and it delivered the first-ever instruments. We docked in the Landing, if I recall. It was a free event, open to all, similar to the Juggernaut and Spitfire.

So no, does not qualify as "East"...
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 05:16 PM CST
I didn't even catch the "May" timeframe also being a clue that it's likely not to be a pay event.

Can't remember where the Ilyan Cloud was ... I know my old GS3 char has one of the charms, though, on her pin sash.

What else is there? Dhu Gillywack? Though I wouldn't have termed Dhu Gillywack or Wavedancer as 'exclusive' unless you counted those really high end state rooms that wree limited for each run of Wavedancer that included merchant time.
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 05:19 PM CST
>> Probably, and I bet it also introduces a new currency.

It wouldn't be a proper event without a new currency! :p

Maybe we'll get actual 'clams' this time (I thought the sea shells at the last event should have been called clams).

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 07:04 PM CST
Hmm maybe it was WEST now that I think about it. Or maybe SOUTH? And yes, a new currency called sour grapes. The more you have on you the worse your odds!

Wyrom, PM
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/02/2018 09:34 PM CST
So a festival for the nekkid! Righteous!
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/03/2018 05:42 PM CST
I miss the Juggernaut. Will that come back someday?

_ _ _
Myasara says, "Raining rocks down on my city was not the best course of action."
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/04/2018 12:21 PM CST
Wavedancer is at the bottom of the Abandoned Waters and the Juggernaut was destroyed beyond the Ebon Gate in 5105.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Coraesine Field - Returning?! 02/05/2018 12:23 AM CST
>Wavedancer is at the bottom of the Abandoned Waters and the Juggernaut was destroyed beyond the Ebon Gate in 5105.

We can rebuild them. We have the technology. We can make them better than they were. Better, stronger, faster.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."