Voln armor question 03/30/2014 04:42 PM CDT
If armor is already ensorcelled, should it be possible to put the Voln armor script over it?

I talked to many people prior to CCF and they swore up and down it wouldn't be possible, so I emailed staff for an official response and never heard back.

The GM doing the voln armor this morning did a test, took some ensorcelled armor (he made) and was able to put the voln script on it, but was uncertain if it was supposed to be allowed. He said he would email the voln script creator and asked me to post the question in the meantime.
Re: Voln armor question 03/30/2014 04:44 PM CDT
I think the rumor was that if it was pre-ensorcelled it worked, but that due to the way Voln armor is made, it shouldn't. Thats kind of a non-answer. It's kind of a bug because the GMs are coding over it so it remains. This remains best guess though.
Re: Voln armor question 03/30/2014 05:27 PM CDT
Ensorcelled armor won't work with the Voln Armor. I'd guess the necrotic energy would be neutralized either instantly or over time.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln armor question 03/30/2014 06:33 PM CDT
<<Ensorcelled armor won't work with the Voln Armor. I'd guess the necrotic energy would be neutralized either instantly or over time. --Wyrom

So, it sounds like someone could not be denied service because of the ensorcellment on their armor as once the merchant adds the voln script it'll take care of itself. That is, no need to go out and find a property stripping merchant to remove the ensorcell.. correct?

Just trying to clarify for players that may want this service at future events. Thanks!
Re: Voln armor question 03/30/2014 08:39 PM CDT
Oh I don't know! Just speculating!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions