Undead Bane 03/28/2014 08:32 PM CDT

Just had a thought, if I had undead bane with grappling flares at 8x enchant, would I still be able to hit demons?

Cryheart
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 08:51 PM CDT
I believe it needs to be blessed. Undead bane <> blessed, right?

-- Robert
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 10:20 PM CDT
It needs to be a holy weapon. Undead bane, by default, doesn't make it holy.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 10:49 PM CDT
So extra-planar won't hit a demon either? Still has to be a holy weapon? (blessable, permablessed, sancted).
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 10:59 PM CDT
Sort of. Tough to go into it without really breaking down demons. Don't worry about it too much. It's just the undead bane demon slaying weapons that seem to get brought up.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 11:06 PM CDT
Let me rephrase the question then: if I get extra-planar bane on a weapon that can already hit demons, do they count as extra-planar?

Thanks. -Kerl
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 11:12 PM CDT

Probably not since triton bane doesn't hit defenders
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 11:13 PM CDT
Demons are their own category of bane. So no.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 11:25 PM CDT
I can has demon bane?
Re: Undead Bane 03/28/2014 11:30 PM CDT
Triton bane properties will activate against triton defenders if the weapon can hit them. It does not impart the ability to hit them on its own.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Undead Bane 03/29/2014 02:44 PM CDT

'Triton bane properties will activate against triton defenders if the weapon can hit them. It does not impart the ability to hit them on its own.'

This seems like a variation of how banes work, type to type. Undead bane definitely imparts the ability to hit creatures that a weapon might not otherwise have, but the same principle doesn't apply to the other banes?
Re: Undead Bane 03/29/2014 02:58 PM CDT
>>This seems like a variation of how banes work, type to type. Undead bane definitely imparts the ability to hit creatures that a weapon might not otherwise have, but the same principle doesn't apply to the other banes?

Careful what you point out! Bug vs. feature!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Undead Bane 03/29/2014 03:06 PM CDT

Well, yes, but it's not much a feature if my extraplanar bane weapon has no way to hit about half of the extraplanar creatures out there. That smells mightily of bug.
Re: Undead Bane 03/29/2014 03:12 PM CDT
Not when the creature is both a triton and undead, no. Same with troll and undead trolls.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Undead Bane 03/29/2014 03:13 PM CDT
>>Well, yes, but it's not much a feature if my extraplanar bane weapon has no way to hit about half of the extraplanar creatures out there. That smells mightily of bug.

Or undead bane is the bug. Probably best to submit a bug report in game.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions