Auctions and Final Costs 03/28/2014 11:04 AM CDT
Got an email today asking if the final auction bid will factor into the final cost of the service. No. The auction bid is a separate fee, as is the raffle ticket costs. So if you bid 25m on padding, it will still cost you what ever it cost to pad your armor.

Good luck!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Auctions and Final Costs 03/28/2014 12:51 PM CDT

"Got an email today asking if the final auction bid will factor into the final cost of the service. No. The auction bid is a separate fee, as is the raffle ticket costs. So if you bid 25m on padding, it will still cost you what ever it cost to pad your armor.

Good luck!-Wyrom"

Is this a departure from the past because of the lowering of the prices for most services? Will pricing and auction rules be on an event by event basis?

GBB
Re: Auctions and Final Costs 03/28/2014 12:59 PM CDT
I hope it'll remain this way going forward. By putting the bid towards the final cost for services the end result is biased towards the rich. A higher enchant, higher quality item will cost more to work on. With the bid being put towards the final cost you effectively set a min bid of whatever that service will cost the player.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Auctions and Final Costs 03/28/2014 01:02 PM CDT

>Is this a departure from the past because of the lowering of the prices for most services?

it was announced in the initial services quote (the one with no extras that only a few of us read)

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Quests%60Sagas%60Events/Coraesine%20Field/view/4565

>Will pricing and auction rules be on an event by event basis?

isn't that almost always the case?
Re: Auctions and Final Costs 03/28/2014 01:28 PM CDT
>>isn't that almost always the case?

Yes.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Auctions and Final Costs 03/28/2014 05:16 PM CDT

"it was announced in the initial services quote (the one with no extras that only a few of us read) "

It was the WHY of it I was asking. If I wanted VANKRASN39's take on it I would have asked for yours don't you think? Especially since you are answering a question I didn't ask. If its a case by case basis then maybe at future events auctions will take into account bids. Thanks for trying to be helpful.

Have a good CCF

GBB
Re: Auctions and Final Costs 03/28/2014 05:39 PM CDT

>It was the WHY of it I was asking. If I wanted VANKRASN39's take on it I would have asked for yours don't you think? Especially since you are answering a question I didn't ask. If its a case by case basis then maybe at future events auctions will take into account bids. Thanks for trying to be helpful.

it was announced before any pricing brouhaha, so I thought maybe you missed that fact.