DB item possibilities 03/26/2014 11:00 AM CDT
I don't think the question was asked, and it's quite late, but here goes!

Any chance that the general enchanting slot (T3) would apply to DB? What about T2 +10 TD bonus (even halved)?

I didn't think to ask because it seems crazy, but I've seen the possibility for kroderine being enchanted, TD being added past 10x, max limits on epic deepening all being offered. Some of these are probably more anomalous than a little more DB enchanting in my opinion.

Could we do such services (straight bonuses) on existing DB items? I understand the T1 DB win is addition/creation, but what that loses for addition it wins for creation, as the T3 enchanting is scheduled after the T1 DB creation service. As for TD it's much more left field, but to me I figured, it can go with the question.

I would expect a heftier surcharge on it, but this festival is high dollar and low silvers overall.

Personally I can't see anyone getting in a fuss over the concept itself. For what it's worth, I always prefer a prompt NO than a lingering curiosity.

...obviously I'm getting really excited...!

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: DB item possibilities 03/26/2014 11:12 AM CDT

The notes tab on gsguide.net for enchanting has it explicitly used for enchanting of weapons and armor with reference to DB items only being worked on with the DB specific service. I can't remember a NIR post where this information came from but this approach feels very right for this event. I believe the only enchanting service win that could be used on DB was Gostahl's dicing game, though I'm not sure if anyone that won that roll owned a DB and thought to try.

Lochiven
Re: DB item possibilities 03/26/2014 11:30 AM CDT
>>Any chance that the general enchanting slot (T3) would apply to DB? What about T2 +10 TD bonus (even halved)?

The T1 DB service is the only way to enchant a DB item.

>>I didn't think to ask because it seems crazy, but I've seen the possibility for kroderine being enchanted, TD being added past 10x, max limits on epic deepening all being offered. Some of these are probably more anomalous than a little more DB enchanting in my opinion.

Kroderine can't be enchanted, and TD can't go above 10x. It just isn't forced to work with the enchant. So it's possible for a 10x enchanted 10x TD item. But in most cases, you're usually stuck in the scope of splitting the 50 between the two.

>>Could we do such services (straight bonuses) on existing DB items? I understand the T1 DB win is addition/creation, but what that loses for addition it wins for creation, as the T3 enchanting is scheduled after the T1 DB creation service. As for TD it's much more left field, but to me I figured, it can go with the question.

DB Items cannot take TD bonuses. They just don't work that way. Just armor and shields. The creation has more of a appeal because you can then trade it off piece by piece. But remember, you're limited to only +50 in overall DB items. So you can't go over that number no matter how many DB items you have. There is more value in a higher enchanted DB item. It's one of the few items in this game that doesn't seem to depreciate in value.

Basically, I sort of NOphion'd all over your request. But with love.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: DB item possibilities 03/26/2014 11:32 AM CDT
>>I believe the only enchanting service win that could be used on DB was Gostahl's dicing game, though I'm not sure if anyone that won that roll owned a DB and thought to try.

No one has tried a DB item. And Gostahl's Dicing has been retired. Gostahl's Challenge is the new game. And some Gostahl story happened last year on the Albatross. So things are sort of weird there right now.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: DB item possibilities 03/26/2014 03:28 PM CDT
Not only is kroderine unenchantable, but if you somehow do get it enchanted... it'll eat away at the enchantment, reverting itself back to its natural +22.

Long story short: friends don't let friends enchant kroderine. It will eat your hopes, dreams, and tears, and then laugh at your misfortune. It's kind of a jerk.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: DB item possibilities 03/27/2014 05:00 AM CDT
Thanks for the quick reply! I was expecting a definite no, but I wanted to beg anyway.

>Long story short: friends don't let friends enchant kroderine.

Hehehe. A friend with kroderine plate had pasted something to me about how it was being allowed. Not sure the source.

But then we saw the part about how it would revert and I was like, no point in confirming that!

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)