Bandoliers 03/26/2014 01:53 AM CDT
I was told this might be a better spot to post this, so eh why not right?

I can fully understand it is not your call Wyrom, and appreciate the fact it comes from those above. I can even understand their befuddled view as to how the weapon type should be perceived. Prime does not have dropage on decay, yet Plat does. If it is something that needs to be done per "GM Law" per instance... maybe that is something to think about instead of a game wide all instance encompassing rule.

I have never owned one so My opinion is probably stand alone in that regard. But I always did want to have a dagger one for RP. I blame a certain book series that has a Drow with the ability to do what the Bando's grant us as something I just thought would be a really neat angle to play out.

I can understand a cap to the abilities as there is with the chainspear and glove bows. I actually compared it to the glove bow as the most on par weapon system to a Bandolier originally if anyone cares to flip back a few posts. But deciding upon and setting a cap for the limits would be something I should think would have been done shortly after/before the release of the items.

I'll even cross a line and say it seems like a personal grudge against the creator of the items, not saying that is the case by any means, but it has been mentioned as a possible reason outside these forums.

But in Andreas case where he has a +20 Bando (or is it +25?) not being able to so much as add flares to it seems a bit ludicrous, let alone weighting or any level of enchants, especially at an epic level improve your gear event.

Not shooting the messenger, just tossing my 2 silvers worth into the ring for those above to seriously think about the limits that need to be set and to allow some work on the Bandoliers. I can fully understand not letting them get to the levels of some weapons abilities with the "well unless you decay there is no real item loss involved through any other mechanic aspect" argument. But I also think they need to stop and look at how often things are lost to other methods and seriously set a realistic cap from all view points that hit a solid middle ground in the weapon types development compared to everything else out there that is more frequently used.

Again just my 2 silvers on a subject that doesn't affect me, but one I feel an injustice is being done too.

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Bandoliers 03/26/2014 02:00 AM CDT
And of course as I moved it to this side of the forums per player request, all Plat specifics should be ignored and a general compass of the weapon system should be looked at.

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Bandoliers 03/26/2014 10:14 AM CDT
I'll add my thoughts over on this side as well. (This is regarding Bandoliers being off-limits for work, even in the CCF. It was mentioned that them being immune to disarm was a key factor.)

It's very hard to see why disarm-ability would be such a huge factor. Bonding/sanctify/sonics already get around disarming for 3 of the 5 primary weapon-using professions. Hiding makes it a minimal issue for the other 2. Seems like a weird justification is all. Even when I'm using my returners, I don't even know what creatures can disarm; it's just not a factor.

Not to mention the downsides of not being able to bless bandolier weapons, and of effectively disarming yourself on every attack. Mechanically speaking, other than being able to snipe, I would rather an equivalent returner any day. Even being able to snipe isn't that big an advantage any more, given vanish.

For me, the bandolier is character-defining. It's what allowed my character to hunt in the way I really envisioned him to hunt. I think I got the very first one to go out in platinum. I was even able to get it enchanted twice (it's all I ever really wanted to get worked on). I was devastated when I lost it to a decay, and thrilled when I was able to get it back.

I ended up not going to the first CCF because bandolier work was disallowed. I don't play that much lately, so I wasn't likely to go to this CCF anyway, but it still stings to know that these are stuck in this semi-arbitrary off-limits zone.

- Greminty