self knowledge question 03/22/2014 12:06 PM CDT

Do these have charges? If so how much? How many BP to charge it?
Re: self knowledge question 03/22/2014 12:53 PM CDT
<<Do these have charges? If so how much? How many BP to charge it?

They do have enhancive charges. And how many BP to charge them depends on the spell itself. Other than that, I can't say for sure myself.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: self knowledge question 03/22/2014 04:00 PM CDT

Spell knowledge items cost a lot to recharge. I can report:

- A Zealot knowledge handaxe costing 90k bounty points per recharge order;

- A Phoen's Strength dagger costing 120k bounty points per recharge order.

I don't know why one costs more than the other. It's not spell level. Maybe some circles are just coded to cost more.

I also know enhancives in some slots cost more to recharge than others, but I do not know if/how that applies to spell knowledge.

-E
Re: self knowledge question 03/22/2014 04:02 PM CDT
A. Its cool they BP charge.

B. THAT'S ALOT OF POINTS!
Re: self knowledge question 03/22/2014 08:46 PM CDT

>>B. THAT'S ALOT OF POINTS!<<

My other tip is to place the knowledge enhancive on an item you will not be wearing or holding all the time.

My 606 knowledge is on a decorative tanto I use just for spelling up. I unsheath it, spell up, sheath it. I think I went one year spelling up with it regularly and when I went to get it merchant-charged, it had only lost 3 charges.

My other other tip is to enter and win Premium contests. They added enhancive charging as a prize! I have not won one yet but I hold out hope.

-E
Re: self knowledge question 03/23/2014 06:56 AM CDT
>My other tip is to place the knowledge enhancive on an item you will not be wearing or holding all the time.

I don't have such an item, but this is the way a self-mana item should be used. The advantage of knowledge is spell burst areas, in which case you need to be wearing it. Self-knowledge also allows imbedding, but that's supposed to drain things even faster. Self-mana does use twice as much mana, but still I'd think with knowledge a major advantage is spell burst. Just my two cents: if you don't plan to wear it, and don't specifically want the paladin spells being offered, get self-mana and not self-knowledge.

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: self knowledge question 03/23/2014 11:22 PM CDT
Unless you're a rift hunter.