Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 01:03 PM CDT
I know I tried to say stop thinking about limitations and pricing so much. But since it keeps being put under the microscope, the pricing chart will have some slight additions.

Base Cost
Enchant Pricing
+0 15000 silvers
+5 30000 silvers
+10 60000 silvers
+12 75000 silvers
+15 120000 silvers
+20 240000 silvers
+25 500000 silvers
+30 1500000 silvers
+35 3000000 silvers
+40 6000000 silvers
+45 12000000 silvers
+50 24000000 silvers

Surcharges
Property Pricing
Weighting (includes bane levels) 100000 silvers (per level)
Padding100000 silvers (per level)
Sighting100000 silvers (per level)
TD 100000 silvers (per plus)
Defender50000 silvers (per plus)
Resistance50000 silvers (per 5%, vulnerability not counted)
Flares 250000 silvers (flat)
Fusion 1000000 silvers (flat)
Combat Scripts 1000000 silvers (flat)
Permabless or Undead Bane (does not count special properties of bane or flaring of permabless) 1000000 silvers (flat)
Miscellaneous Surcharge (for anything else that is just odd about the item that doesn't fit anything else)1000000 (flat)

So for some examples.

Some 10x fusion HCP full plate with 20% resistance would be 24m (enchant) +1m (padding) +1m (fusion) + 200k (resistance) for a final price of 26.2m.

Some 10x fusion HCP robes with 20% resistance would be 24m (enchant) +1m (padding) +1m (fusion) + 200k (resistance) for a final price of 26.2m. Pointing this out for the AsG concerns.

A 6x katana with Erithian scripts and undead bane with +16 weighting would be 1.5m (enchant) +1m undead bane (undead hitting ability) + 1.6m undead bane (weighting) + 1m (weighting of a katana) for a final cost of 5.1m.

Everything Else

Services that don't have combat properties or are a pre-made item will just be the cost of the raffle or auction. If spinning is chosen as a selection method, the merchant may have a small base fee.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 01:22 PM CDT

Thanks Wyrom. This will put to bed all those "But what about mine!!" questions.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 01:28 PM CDT

<<This will put to bed all those "But what about mine!!" questions.>>

Much to learn, much to learn.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 01:29 PM CDT
Thanks for the update. While I'm not thrilled to see surcharges, I'm glad I know exactly what to expect going into the event so that I have time to adequately prepare.

Dgry
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 01:56 PM CDT
Two questions:

(1) Are the costs for enchanting determined after application of the enchant, and the costs of the other services determined before application of the service? For example, would the cost to increase the enchant on an item from 4x to 5x be 500,000 silvers if the item has no special properties? And would the cost to increase weighting from 10 points to 20 points be 1,240,000 silvers on a 4x item with no other special properties?

(2) Will you interpolate for items with enchants between the ranges? For example, would the cost to add +5 enchant to a +27 item to make it +32 be 2,100,000 silvers ([3m-1.5m]/5*2+1.5m)?
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 02:22 PM CDT
To answer some PC concerns. No, this isn't punishment for asking questions. But this is a need to spell it out by adding surcharges. A flat charge seemed to confuse everyone, even after repeating it a handful of times between several threads. So this covers every special case I can think of, while not adding excessive pricing to the mix.

The price is determined by the final properties after the service. Half enchants will just add some more complexity to the chart, so just assume you will pay for the partial. Item restrictions are in place, but your item will have to be quite absurd to get outright denied. I will repeat what I said... "We will make every effort to work with you on getting the service you won on the item you desire."

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 02:35 PM CDT
It feels like punishment to those of us that understood and will have the cost of their service doubled from what it was before due to the surcharges. Thank you for not making them ridiculous at least. I guess doubled cost is better than 3-5x
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 02:55 PM CDT
The most basic of service I hoped to be able to do just went from an affordable (for a new plat player) to an unachievable 4.2 million silver. Not so sure getting a ticket is worth it now.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 03:43 PM CDT

<The most basic of service I hoped to be able to do just went from an affordable (for a new plat player) to an unachievable 4.2 million silver. Not so sure getting a ticket is worth it now.

Maybe I am wrong, but I somehow doubt these prices will apply to Plat.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 03:50 PM CDT
Prices are halved in Platinum. I will consider what we can do to help more there.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 04:00 PM CDT
These surcharges will cost me an extra 22.7 million if my math is right (and I'm lucky enough to get what I want), but even at that rate it's hard to complain. So I'm not.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 04:52 PM CDT
Thanks for posting this its exactly what I was looking for!
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 04:53 PM CDT
>It feels like punishment to those of us that understood and will have the cost of their service doubled from what it was before due to the surcharges.

exactly, there were no surcharges before, and now there are, the cost of services I have arranged for have more than doubled.

how is that not punishment?
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 04:58 PM CDT
I have a need for specification, if possible.

You said *per level*. Is that by number? Or by actual level.
IE: Weighting. Light, Fair, Somewhat, Decent, Heavy. That's 5 levels, but 10 numbers. Light is 1-2, Fair is 3-4, Somewhat is 5-6, Decent is 7-8, and Heavy is 9-11. Do we get charged based on the number, or the level? Just asking because I prefer level, you said level, but I don't want to walk in short-handed moneywise. Thank you so much!
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 04:59 PM CDT
I, as well, am on the same page as the above poster. My costs have nearly doubled now, with the sudden implentation of charges. I see 180 bucks for a ticket, and now I'm scrambling where I thought I was okay before. I don't understand but, I'm not a GM. So yeah =(.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 05:27 PM CDT
<<You said *per level*. Is that by number? Or by actual level.>>
<<IE: Weighting. Light, Fair, Somewhat, Decent, Heavy. That's 5 levels, but 10 numbers. Light is 1-2, Fair is 3-4, Somewhat is 5-6, Decent is 7-8, and Heavy is 9-11>>

<<Some 10x fusion HCP full plate with 20% resistance would be 24m (enchant) +1m (padding) +1m (fusion) + 200k (resistance) for a final price of 26.2m.>>

Please see Wyrom's example above. It's by number.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 05:34 PM CDT

Price and surcharges are more than fair. You guys need to stop whining/complaining about every little thing. Cost for plate user are way down and you still not happy. Wyrom should charge those whiners triple.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 05:43 PM CDT
>>Price and surcharges are more than fair. You guys need to stop whining/complaining about every little thing. Cost for plate user are way down and you still not happy. Wyrom should charge those whiners triple.

Yes, they are fair and if presented in this manner ahead of time I'd be ok with this. The increased pricing levels after some people were unable to understand what a flat rate across the board means is what I am complaining about. The chart was given and it was stated that it was a flat rate multiple times. If more clarification was needed the same sort of surcharge chart could be used with zero(0) amounts in place of all silver charges to show, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there would be no surcharges for anything as was originally stated. By putting those into place, no matter the level of surcharge implemented, it is a punishment to those of us that understood the initial message and planned according to it.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 05:45 PM CDT
I am trying to be more than fair with the costs. Surcharges would have existed in special circumstances. But it's been brought to light that I wasn't considering a lot of cost concerns with items that were getting price breaks. The alternative is we have to go back to how things usually cost.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 06:29 PM CDT

>Surcharges would have existed in special circumstances.

but they likely wouldn't have existed for my items.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 06:52 PM CDT
>>Surcharges would have existed in special circumstances.

After seeing the items brought to RtCF last year and the headaches around surcharges for X, Y, and Z there, why was that not taken into account prior to releasing a pricing chart and informing us that it would be "Across the board" (3/3/2014 5:31PM EST post 4583) and "Universal pricing" (3/12/2014 3:12 PM EDT post 4991) ?

That said, I have no desire to see the pricing structure go to what it usually is.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 07:37 PM CDT
>>After seeing the items brought to RtCF last year and the headaches around surcharges for X, Y, and Z there, why was that not taken into account prior to releasing a pricing chart and informing us that it would be "Across the board" (3/3/2014 5:31PM EST post 4583) and "Universal pricing" (3/12/2014 3:12 PM EDT post 4991) ?

Pricing variables were the headaches. Surcharges weren't a problem.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 09:19 PM CDT
How do voln armor scripts factor into the surcharges? Just the miscellaneous surcharge or is each level of unlocking adding an extra surcharge similar to how it works with premium point enchants/padding?

Also ithzir flares? One surcharge or multiple?

Banes that add enchant to the weapon...highest possible enchant as cost or miscellaneous surcharge +normal enchant?

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 09:24 PM CDT
>>How do voln armor scripts factor into the surcharges? Just the miscellaneous surcharge or is each level of unlocking adding an extra surcharge similar to how it works with premium point enchants/padding?

Combat Scripts.

>>Also ithzir flares? One surcharge or multiple?

Same as above.

>>Banes that add enchant to the weapon...highest possible enchant as cost or miscellaneous surcharge +normal enchant?

This would fall into the miscellaneous. Or any of the banes that add like extra blocking that are out there.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 09:41 PM CDT
Ensorcellment have a surcharge?
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 09:54 PM CDT
Weighting (includes bane levels) 100000 silvers (per level)

In your undead bane katana example you have surcharges for weighting from the bane + a HCW weighting surcharge. Is that correct? I would have thought that from your wording that there would be a single surcharge for the total amount of weighting, base weighting HCW + the weighting from the bane, not bane weighting + weighting as two charges.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 10:04 PM CDT
>>Ensorcellment have a surcharge?

I'll have to check.

>>In your undead bane katana example you have surcharges for weighting from the bane + a HCW weighting surcharge. Is that correct? I would have thought that from your wording that there would be a single surcharge for the total amount of weighting, base weighting HCW + the weighting from the bane, not bane weighting + weighting as two charges.

The surcharge is exactly the same though. The item still includes the bane weighting as a surcharge. So a katana with 16 points of bane weighting would be a total of 26 weighting points, so as a single surcharge, it's 2.6m. I just figured it'd be easier to see it all broken up like that.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 10:06 PM CDT
Your example wasn't clear if the 16 points of 'bane weighting' was the total weighting on the katana, or just the amount of weighting from the bane on it's own. That's where my confusion came from.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/18/2014 10:24 PM CDT

>>Ensorcellment have a surcharge?

>I'll have to check.

how about no? some of us aren't playing with 8X+ weapons with extra fusion slots etc etc and would not have been under those surcharges to begin with.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/19/2014 02:07 AM CDT
Will these prices apply to the flare service (tier 5)? They seem a bit excessive for that particular service.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/19/2014 02:32 AM CDT
If you stop and think about it almost all of the surcharges do not apply to a plain flared weapon.

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/19/2014 02:54 AM CDT
I'm thinking that charging 12m to add 2 tiers of acuity flares to a 9x runestaff sounds high. 12m for 10 points of padding? Sure. 24m for 10 points of padding on a 10x item? Sure. 24m for 2 tiers of acuity on a 10x runestaff? Yikes!
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/19/2014 06:38 AM CDT
>No, this isn't punishment for asking questions. But this is a need to spell it out by adding surcharges. A flat charge seemed to confuse everyone, even after repeating it a handful of times between several threads.

Man, and they are STILL asking MOAR questions.

::face palm::

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/19/2014 06:47 AM CDT
<<Man, and they are STILL asking MOAR questions.>>

See post #3
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/19/2014 07:15 AM CDT

>If you stop and think about it almost all of the surcharges do not apply to a plain flared weapon.

and if you stop and think about it, there were no surcharges, and now there are. People working on mega-items with very deep pockets don't seem to mind because the asg factor isn't in place, and I applaud Wyrom for that, it should have been like that last year. But like I said, we're all not playing with gear like that. You have a 5x fusion runestaff and your fee just tripled. If ensorcell falls under miscellaneous, it just quintupled.
Re: Silver Costs and Surcharges 03/19/2014 09:10 AM CDT
>>I'm thinking that charging 12m to add 2 tiers of acuity flares to a 9x runestaff sounds high. 12m for 10 points of padding? Sure. 24m for 10 points of padding on a 10x item? Sure. 24m for 2 tiers of acuity on a 10x runestaff? Yikes!

The chart I posted is actually the standard chart we use for flare costs since at least 2006.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions