Stripping 03/13/2014 12:58 PM CDT
I have a question I hope answers in the positive, but who knows.

Alright, so I've seen it bandied left and right, for things of small caliber, that you guys will strip the scripts to replace with other scripts for the door prizes and whatnot. If you have armor you wish to put Voln on, and it has a t1 ensorcell, can you guys strip that? I would really love an answer on this, as some of us with tickets never expected to GET voln of any decent caliber, so we may have ensorcells on some of our items. Looking forward to your answer! Thank you!
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 01:30 PM CDT

If you have armor you wish to put Voln on, and it has a t1 ensorcell, can you guys strip that? I would really love an answer on this, as some of us with tickets never expected to GET voln of any decent caliber, so we may have ensorcells on some of our items. Looking forward to your answer! Thank you!

T1 ensorcell won't interfere with the voln script.

Dgry
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 01:36 PM CDT

>T1 ensorcell won't interfere with the voln script.

so ensorcelled armor can be volned, but volned armor can't be ensorcelled?
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 01:39 PM CDT
>so ensorcelled armor can be volned, but volned armor can't be ensorcelled?

Yeah, just like a Paladin sanctified weapon cannot be ensorcelled while bonded but an ensorcelled weapon can be Paladin sanctified for bonding.
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 01:40 PM CDT

>Yeah, just like a Paladin sanctified weapon cannot be ensorcelled while bonded but an ensorcelled weapon can be Paladin sanctified for bonding.

actually, no, with an inky black potion a paladin weapon can be ensorcelled just fine. prior to the potion breaking the bond was necessary because of the sanctified aspect.
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 01:42 PM CDT
Not sure that's right. The merchant specifically said no ensorcelled items when the script was released.

If something has changed, I may need to rethink that service!
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 01:46 PM CDT
I've ALWAYS been told you can NOT ensorcell voln armor. Period, without fail. Can NOT. I would REALLY appreciate an answer on this now. Because if it's changed, I have to organize five ensorcells before CCF. Blah!
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 01:51 PM CDT
You analyze your steel chainmail tunic and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:

This armor has been designed to provide mechanical benefit to members of the Order of Voln. Some FLUFF verb traps are available to non-members, but unique abilties are bestowed ONLY on members. Due to its nature, the steel chainmail tunic will repel anyone converted to Luukos who attempts to touch it, as well as preventing usage to anyone wearing or holding Shadow Death, Black Ora Jewelry, or Rapture Cloak items. Furthermore, it CANNOT be ensorcelled, which is by design.

The steel chainmail tunic is currently TIER 1 (Off-the-Shelf) and has the following options available:

* NON-VOLN, and VOLN MEMBERS *
Fluff: BOW, TAP, STARE, and CLUTCH

* VOLN-MEMBERS ONLY *
* DS flares against undead foes. Base chance to flare of 15%, +5% for Voln Masters, +5% for Voln converts. Amount of DS applied equal to armor enchant, min. of +10, max. of +50.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the steel chainmail tunic for you.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 02:08 PM CDT
That's weird, I could have sworn I got voln tier1 on some leathers for a friend that had been ensorcelled.

My mistake, it's an off week.

Dgry
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 02:11 PM CDT
>actually, no, with an inky black potion a paladin weapon can be ensorcelled just fine. prior to the potion breaking the bond was necessary because of the sanctified aspect.

What when did they add this? And where do I get an inky black potion?!
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 02:28 PM CDT

>What when did they add this? And where do I get an inky black potion?!

ensorcelling potions were released on 7/30/13. You can buy one in the Twilight Hall shops (fortress room 355, 3rd block of Spinewood in the Landing or Whorten's shop, room 1976 one of the stores on Teras) for 215k. /plug
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 02:47 PM CDT
Can you add Voln tiers to fusion armor? Doesn't say no in the restriction listing in the previous post.
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 02:57 PM CDT
Can you add Voln tiers to fusion armor? Doesn't say no in the restriction listing in the previous post.

Voln is a script, fusion is a script, so from a previous post by Wyrom on scripts interacting and they way the system works...

No you cannot.

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 05:13 PM CDT
This is inaccurate information though. I can't speak about the ensorcelled part for certain, but as for black ora..no issues with it. Don't think there are with rapture cloaks or SD weapons, either. Not that I personally believe there should be a conflict here; someone who uses or worships almost anything I could see being a member of Voln and wishing to put down the undead for a number of good reason. Even using the undead against the undead, as an extreme example of a fringe member others might consider a heretic. Doesn't answer your question to Wyrom about them stripping ensorc to add Voln to an item though, if it is something they'd do or consider.
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 07:04 PM CDT
To reiterate, since this conversation went a bit left side, wondering if, due to the pricetag behind this event, you guys will strip off stuff to help us get services. Example: We want voln on our leathers, but it has a T1 ensorcell. Will you strip the ensorcell to put voln on? Hoping for a yes!
Re: Stripping 03/13/2014 08:28 PM CDT

Actually, I think Wyrom answered this. he said no, they will not remove properties at the event, because they have offered it a lot lately.

Maybe he will change his mind, who knows.
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 12:22 AM CDT
>Maybe he will change his mind, who knows.

I hope he changes his mind or the stripping service is offered a couple times before the event. I had no reason to strip the grapple flares off my maul last time but seeing how its likely Id be able to get hcw instead id like to get that done.
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 02:29 AM CDT
I am in the same boat as the above poster. And five people I know with tickets are also in the same boat right along with us. We have utilized lesser services. How can this be addressed without excluding some individuals? Just hoping for some insight from Wyrom and others. Thanks for your hard work.
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 11:26 AM CDT
As of right now, this isn't something we'll be offering at the event itself. We're already stretched thin with the schedule. The GM(s) would have to be available more frequently to offer this, and during other services. And then it will continue to open the door to other services being offered, which we won't be doing.

I will see if it's something that someone can do before the event at some time.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 11:42 AM CDT
>I will see if it's something that someone can do before the event at some time.

Thank you! <3
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 11:43 AM CDT
I recommend Kaikala for stripping. That could be a separate pay event.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 11:55 AM CDT

are strippers and billing the only in house staff at Simu?
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 12:35 PM CDT
That would be amazing and could totally be handled quickly! You're awesome, Wyrom. That fixes so many problems so we aren't blocked at the event! Woohoo! Thanks for the consideration!
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 12:52 PM CDT
Before I make too many assumptions, could I just get a clarification that ironwright flares (bless the weapon, cast a specific spell at the weapon, weapon then flares that) will be compatible with extraplanar bane? I know one is a functional script and bane has it's own spot, but.. assumptions... they bite you in the arse.
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 01:51 PM CDT
Ironwright shouldn't be an issue.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Stripping 03/14/2014 04:46 PM CDT

Should not be an issue.
Re: Stripping 03/18/2014 04:15 AM CDT
The problem with offering this service is getting out the pole and all the mirrors...

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: Stripping 03/18/2014 11:38 AM CDT
What about non-functional scripts? Can you at least strip those? As much as I love the scripts, I'd hate to be turned down for the Voln script on my armor because it has some very nice (but fluff) messaging. Script removal has been fairly available, but this event has arrived on very short notice.

Kerl
Re: Stripping 03/18/2014 11:44 AM CDT
Fluff, as long as not ingrained into the item in some way, can likely be stripped. Anything we strip though will need to be altered to say it's striped. Striping stripped stripes.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Stripping 03/19/2014 06:15 AM CDT
>Anything we strip though will need to be altered to say it's striped. Striping stripped stripes.

a flailing crimson kobold lass pin -> a flailing naked kobold lass pin

Thanks.

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: Stripping 03/27/2014 08:13 PM CDT
Thanks Juramis and Wyrom for squeezing this in before CCF <3
Re: Stripping 03/27/2014 09:41 PM CDT
Juramis was kind enough to do it before I even asked! All thanks to GM Marstreforn.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions